[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

Is anyone experiencing phantom crashes with OPM? The game just crashes all of a sudden, no warning whatsoever. I have more than enough memory so that's not the problem.

edit:

It seems KSP itself was out of its own memory when OPM is installed. I've lowered the textures to half resolution and that seems to have solved the problem.

Edited by lajoswinkler

Just a quick question captrobau, are there any Easter eggs on your planets?

I asked that question to CaptRobau a while ago:

I am just wondering here, so I don't mind what the answer is, but will/do moons have any Easter eggs on them?
Maybe? Who knows? I don't know. Do I?

Which implies that there probably are but as far as I know, nothing has been found yet (I think)...

I asked that question to CaptRobau a while ago:

Which implies that there probably are but as far as I know, nothing has been found yet (I think)...

I watched a guy on twitch locate one a while back. I also watched him walk a kerbal up a mountain for like 40 minutes :)

I really need to make a list of all the easter eggs I've added, because I have no idea which ones you guys are talking about :D

Just a head's up, I'll be going on holiday until the 15th starting tomorrow, so don't freak out because none of the devs are around to help you. I'll be back. In the meantime, try to help each other out with OPM stuff as best you can.

Once I get back I'll finish up my work on the atmospheres. The next version of OPM will have them at pretty much stock quality now, thanks to pioneering work by KillAshley/Felger. Hopefully the Kopernicus devs will have released 0.0.7 by then, which should allow 1.7 to finally come out of beta.

I really need to make a list of all the easter eggs I've added, because I have no idea which ones you guys are talking about :D

Just a head's up, I'll be going on holiday until the 15th starting tomorrow, so don't freak out because none of the devs are around to help you. I'll be back. In the meantime, try to help each other out with OPM stuff as best you can.

Once I get back I'll finish up my work on the atmospheres. The next version of OPM will have them at pretty much stock quality now, thanks to pioneering work by KillAshley/Felger. Hopefully the Kopernicus devs will have released 0.0.7 by then, which should allow 1.7 to finally come out of beta.

Fantastic! Thanks for letting us know beforehand, I look forward to coming out of beta :) Have a good holiday!

One more challenge, inspired by a recent announcement from NASA and friends:

Chaotically tumbling moons?

http://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-s-hubble-finds-pluto-s-moons-tumbling-in-absolute-chaos

animation:

I'm pretty sure that's not possible given KSPs engine. Giving a planet or moon an kind of spin axis can't really be done let alone a chaotic one.

Have a great holiday!

This might be connected:

[ERR 07:18:14.304] [PlanetShine] An exception occured reading CelestialBodyColor node:
CelestialBodyColor
{
name = Moho
color = 195,136,84
}

The exception was:
System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: s
at System.Double.Parse (System.String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Single.Parse (System.String s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PlanetShine.ConfigManager.LoadBody (.ConfigNode bodySettings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

...and repeats for every planet.

This might be connected:
[ERR 07:18:14.304] [PlanetShine] An exception occured reading CelestialBodyColor node:
CelestialBodyColor
{
name = Moho
color = 195,136,84
}

The exception was:
System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: s
at System.Double.Parse (System.String s, NumberStyles style, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Single.Parse (System.String s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at PlanetShine.ConfigManager.LoadBody (.ConfigNode bodySettings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

...and repeats for every planet.

I don't get this with OuterPlanet and Planetshine, maybe it's something else...

are you using kopernicus 0.0.7?

-edit-

I think you are using an old version of planetshine, the new planetshine node looks like this:

[B][COLOR=#ff0000]PlanetshineCelestialBody[/COLOR]
[/B]{
name = Sarnus
color = 255,175,150
intensity = 1
atmosphereAmbient = 1
groundAmbientOverride = 1
}

yours looks like the old version

[COLOR=#ff0000][B]CelestialBodyColor[/B][/COLOR]
{
name = Moho
color = 195,136,84
}

Edited by Sigma88

Are these planets integrated into the Community Resource Pack? If not, can the developer make that a thing please? Oh, and compatible with Karbonite/Karbodium as well perhaps? It'd be interesting to make Neidon very rich in atmospheric resources. Seeing as how it has no moons, it would be a challenge to make a base there with a life support mod, but would be very rewarding in terms of resource output.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.