[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

Did you install KopernicusExamples? You shouldn't, but it could be that you interpreted that as installing Kopernicus. Don't know what could cause this, some I'm trying to cover all the possibilities.

Tal has biomes starting with 1.7.1, but it needs some science descriptions to go with them. There are two biomes: Surface and Impact Basin. Impact Basin is a slight depression in the little moon's shape, remnants of a large impact long ago, while Surface is just the rest of the moon's... surface. Here's the link to the Google Doc where you can add biomes for Tal.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J_xgrPoqJSqvvdzgOqNlwmj0aabSVGda8hZLRu9VhsE/edit?usp=sharing

Has anyone tried OPM with Kopernicus .1? Does it work alright?

Thanks!

|

|

\/

Also, is this area going to be Tal's impact basin?

MhrVipK.png

I'm having issues making the game think I've landed on Tal. The issue occurs throughout the body.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

KSP 1.0.3 with OPM 1.7 and Kopernicus .1.

I tried to launch something from the KSC after Hyperediting that ship to Tal/Polta (the latter just to see if the issue was on other bodies as well; it wasn't), and, well...

Kv6WYwq.png

Here's my GameData:

JQhDc1p.png

I have Infernal Robotics along with KER, PreciseNode and Hyperedit installed. Reverting to the VAB and relaunching fixed the issue.

Edited by Jodo42

Update 1.7.1 is out!

I'm leaving on holiday for a week again next week (not rich, just bad at spreading out holidays) so I thought I'd set you up with a nice update to tide you over while I'm away. The highlights:

Made Ovok egg-shaped again

It used to be nice and smooth, like an egg. Then it wasn't for a while due to technical issues and now it's egg-shaped again. Experience Ovok the way it was meant to be enjoyed.

Added biomes and science descriptions to Tal

It has two biomes and a dozen or two science blurbs, quickly and graciously provided by members of the OPM community

Changed all PluginData textures from .png format to .dds format

This can result in up to 25% faster loading times

Downloads

CKAN-Indexed-brightgreen.svg

1. Choose one of the two available mirrors for Outer Planets Mod (alternatively download OPM through CKAN and let it download, install and in the future update OPM/Kopernicus automatically)

FRO6RIX.png WhwiS8Y.png

2. Download Kopernicus, which is a third-party mode required for OPM to work

ypskWRz.png

This version of OPM was designed with Kopernicus 0.1 in mind. Keep this in mind if you choose haven't updated yet.

Full changelog

-Made Ovok egg-shaped again-Added biomes  and science descriptions to Tal
-Removed all mass values from the configs, as it was unnecessary to include when GeeASL was also included
-Changed all PluginData textures from .png format to .dds format
-Renamed the FinalFrontier file back to CelestialBodies.info, as it was needed for the OPM ribbons to show up
-Corrected spelling mistake in the science descriptions
-Updated the Module Manager plugin to version 2.6.6
-Updated the Module Manager license included

Edited by CaptRobau

Just gonna leave this here: I love this, best planet mod.

Thanks.

Congrats! :)

And:

Thanks, but we aren't that far...yet. :D (Beta 0.1 is the current version. And the OP still says 0.0.9 ;))

Thanks for the heads up. OP is fixed.

out of curiosity, is it actually better to have 2 copies of the same dss file, on in /textures and one in /plugindata ?

couldn't you use the same pic for everything?

The reason for this is based on this: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88168-Early-development-0-24-Kopernicus-Planetary-System-Modifier?p=1806612&viewfull=1#post1806612. Could have changed in the meantime though. Thomas?

I assumed that since back then the PQS mods (if I'm correct) couldn't use dss there was a reason in using 2 different images (png and dss)

I may be wrong :)

I assumed that since back then the PQS mods (if I'm correct) couldn't use dss there was a reason in using 2 different images (png and dss)

I may be wrong :)

This opens a whole lot more optimising possibilities... Expect 25% better loading times on Kerbol Plus next version.

BTW, CaptRobau have you explored the possibility of custom oceans?

Yes, but haven't made much progress. I'm really missing KittopiaTech like live editing in-game for complicated stuff like this.

I think you can still use kittopia tech to get the result you want, and then try to understand how to translate the parameters into kopernicus.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.