[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

This is my CustomAsteroids config. I'm posting this here because I'm having a busy life and I don't have time to make a thread for it. Now, onto the notes and stuff. This is NOT official in any way, shape, or form. Official support was dropped 2 updates ago. As such, this is mainly made for anyone who has CustomAsteroids and OPM, but wants support back unofficially. This is released under the MIT license and redistributes CustomAsteroids by Starstrider. All credit goes to CaptRobau and Starstrider42 for OPM and CustomAsteroids, respectively.

Kerbal Stuff download:

https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/953/OPM%20CustomAsteroids%20Config

Everything else you need to know is at the download site. Thanks for reading.

I'm leaving for holiday, so you won't hear much from me for a week.

have fun capt, I'm stuck at work untill september... maybe even october -.-

Oh, and 1.7.1 introduced a big easter egg. Go and find it!

you seem to have a weird thing for eggs....

egg-shaped fairing
easter egg
smooth egg shape
egg-shaped again

more egg-shaped

more elongated/easter egg shape
stock easter egg?
Latin for egg
more egg-shaped
get more and more egg/oval shaped moons
egg-shaped body
more egg-shaped
smooth egg shape

won't look like an egg
the Latin word Ovum, which means egg
smooth egg-like shape
characteristic smooth egg

an old egg-shaped
egg-shaped again
Made Ovok egg-shaped
like an egg.
now it's egg-shaped
egg-shaped again

a big easter egg. Go and find it!
Edited by Sigma88

Would anything bad happen if I install the newest version in a 1.0.2. savegame?

I don't think you will have any problem.

backup your saves anyway just to be on the safe side

edit: don't mess up the kron please :)

Edited by Sigma88

99.99999999% an atm issue, try looking into atm cache files. the pink usually comes out when ksp crashes on the first ATM load of new textures, the cache gets corrupted and displayed as pink

I have the same issue, but disabling ATM didn't remove the pink rings (and brought my starting memory to 3.8GB...). It only seems to be caching ribbons for OPM anyway.

Anyone else have pink rings and figured out how to fix it?

With the new update, ovok disappears as I near it, it is visible in map view, but I tried to land on it today and the surface vanished as I entered orbit range. I tried to land with mechjeb but my craft exploded when i touched the invisible surface, even though I was only traveling 5m/s with the landing gear out. Any ideas?

I just installed this on my 1.01 game, put a ship into orbit around Tekto, and the game won't let me load that ship from the space center -- it locks up the game if I try. Other ships around stock non-OPM bodies still work fine. (But in map view I also can't switch to the Tekto ship.) Is this a known problem or some unique mess I've created?

Update: I restored from my last quicksave and it worked for a while, but I kept running into the same thing. I've uninstalled OPM & restored my pre-OPM save, I'll see if I encounter the same problem around any stock planets. Maybe 1.01 is just too old?

Edited by Markarian421

I have some problems installing OPM, I believe I have copied the files in the correct folder, but I cant see any of the planets when I start KSP and go to the tracking station. I have taken a screenshot of the gamedata folder: http://imgur.com/4rlaPUc The files should be in the correct directory, can anybody tell me what I have done wrong/need to do in order to get OPM working?

I have some problems installing OPM, I believe I have copied the files in the correct folder, but I cant see any of the planets when I start KSP and go to the tracking station. I have taken a screenshot of the gamedata folder: http://imgur.com/4rlaPUc The files should be in the correct directory, can anybody tell me what I have done wrong/need to do in order to get OPM working?

You need to install Kopernicus in addition to OPM. Make sure you install kopernicus correctly:

- put the content of the GameData folder you find in the archive inside your own GameData folder

- Don't use the folder Kopernicus Examples (unless you want to see what those do)

for OPM to work you need at least:

.../KSP/GameData/OPM

.../KSP/GameData/Kopernicus

.../KSP/GameData/Squad

.../KSP/GameData/ModuleManager.x.x.x.dll

Edited by Sigma88

Thanks - it works now :D I thought that the lines after "It incorporates the following mods:" meant that they were already in the zip files with OPM... my mistake. Thanks for the help guys :)

Thanks - it works now :D I thought that the lines after "It incorporates the following mods:" meant that they were already in the zip files with OPM... my mistake. Thanks for the help guys :)

I've sent a PM to capt to remember him to change this, he is currently on vacation (that b... :D) so it may be a while

I know this is probably not related to OPM (at least not directly), but there is a giant dust fog right in front of Moha. I've checked the .cfg files for dust particles and there is no reference to Moha in them. Strange. Not a major problem, but does anyone have a clue?

OLxRh1o.png

Hey, is tekto still dark? And is tal still impossible to walk on? Because maybe he forgot to update the OP, seeing as he is on vacation. Really, those 2 bugs are the only reason I haven't installed this incredible mod already, so it would be very kind if someone could check them out.

I don't have any problem with Tekto but Tal is impossible to walk, I didn't tried out the new dll yet.

FIY, if you want to update to Kopernicus 0.2 - ONLY copy the .dll, NOT the .cfg's!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.