[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

Hello, I would like to receive some help. I constantly try to install this mod but it seems to not be working. I follow the directions very closely but do not obtain any results. Thanks in advance.

Do you also install Kopernicus?

Does hyperedit work with this mod? I still like eeloo as pluto...

plock is just a temporary placeholder. iirc the developers have said they are waiting for the new horizon probe to get images of pluto before making a model for plock

I have the same issue, but disabling ATM didn't remove the pink rings (and brought my starting memory to 3.8GB...). It only seems to be caching ribbons for OPM anyway.

Anyone else have pink rings and figured out how to fix it?

Pink rings but only in OpenGL mode. Don't use ATM so not sure what's causing it. Will have to strip out some mods in exchange for OPM immersion or hope that Unity 5 works wonders if/when mods get updated for that instead.

Kopernicus fails to load and apply the planets even on some of the stock planets.

I also saw that you have other mods installed. Try to install OPM and Kopernicus on a clean install and see if that works. If it works, try adding the other mods and see which mod is failing to load the planets.

- - - Updated - - -

Also delete the older ModuleManagers and only keep MM 2.6.6

Howdy,

Just spent the better part of the day trying to figure out why I couldn't get OPM to work with Ferram Aerospace installed - turns out the 0.1 of Kopernicus was the problem, seems to be doing okay with 0.2 (or at least OPM now loads again, which is a step in the right direction.)

Might want to put something in the OP about this, as I was going by "This version of OPM was designed with Kopernicus 0.1 in mind. Keep this in mind if you choose to update to future releases of Kopernicus before OPM is updated." Could save someone else some hair-pulling.

Anyway, thanks for the great mod! REALLY cool.

Hi,

This is for the developers....I think I have found a bug with this mod. When installed all of my solar panels no longer work. The detect the "Sun Exposure" just fine, but the "Energy Flow" is stuck at "0.00". I have tried and tested this, it only happens when this mod and the Kopernicus Mod is installed. When taken out the Solar Panels work fine.

Is this a known issue?

Regards, :)

UPDATE: Found the problem is caused by Kopernicus 0.2.....so if you have OPM installed make sure your CKAN does not auto-update Kopernicus or manually install 0.1 of Kopernicus or your Solar Panels will be glitched.

Hope this helps anyone who has this problem...

Edited by spoonyboobah

Hi,

This is for the developers....I think I have found a bug with this mod. When installed all of my solar panels no longer work. The detect the "Sun Exposure" just fine, but the "Energy Flow" is stuck at "0.00". I have tried and tested this, it only happens when this mod and the Kopernicus Mod is installed. When taken out the Solar Panels work fine.

Is this a known issue?

Regards, :)

UPDATE: Found the problem is caused by Kopernicus 0.2.....so if you have OPM installed make sure your CKAN does not auto-update Kopernicus or manually install 0.1 of Kopernicus or your Solar Panels will be glitched.

Hope this helps anyone who has this problem...

This problem is fixed in Kopernicus 0.2.2

Kopernicus fails to load and apply the planets even on some of the stock planets.

I also saw that you have other mods installed. Try to install OPM and Kopernicus on a clean install and see if that works. If it works, try adding the other mods and see which mod is failing to load the planets.

- - - Updated - - -

Also delete the older ModuleManagers and only keep MM 2.6.6

I started a clean install and still found no results, I've tried this with other planet mods and none of them have properly worked either

I started a clean install and still found no results, I've tried this with other planet mods and none of them have properly worked either

Most likely you're not using the correct version.

in the kopernicus thread (first post)

You can find 2 links, one is for kopernicus 0.2, the other is for the hotfix

It's not enough to download kopernicus, you need to download the hotfix, which is just a dll file.

and replace the kopernicus.dll you found in the release with the one you downloaded from the hotfix

Most likely you're not using the correct version.

in the kopernicus thread (first post)

You can find 2 links, one is for kopernicus 0.2, the other is for the hotfix

It's not enough to download kopernicus, you need to download the hotfix, which is just a dll file.

and replace the kopernicus.dll you found in the release with the one you downloaded from the hotfix

I tried this, but no results

About an average of 535.83 Gigameters. Sigma88 has a RemoteTech antenna pack for OPM here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/112095

Thank you very much.

OPM comes with a config for RT that changes the range to 800 Gm. Same for AntennaRange.

Not that you don't are allowed to use Sigma's mods

Ah, ok that would ensure basic compatibility.

Though I just finished the SETIctt - Sigma config anyway.

I think he asked because he wants to add antennas to his SETI mod :)

Yep, kind of. I just wanted to ensure compatibility. But with the info from Olympic1 and the SETIctt-TechTree-Sigma config, there is no need for me to make upscaled duplicates of RT antennas ;-).

Thank you all!

- - - Updated - - -

Hm, I noticed a problem with Sigma.

It reduces the range of the GigaDish1 from 400Gm to 100Gm. If Sigma is thus installed onto an existing savegame, it would break existing network designs?

Without OPM installed.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.