[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

Pink rings but only in OpenGL mode. Don't use ATM so not sure what's causing it. Will have to strip out some mods in exchange for OPM immersion or hope that Unity 5 works wonders if/when mods get updated for that instead.

I figured it out! The problem was Scatterer. Remove Scatterer and your rings will no longer be pink. (probably)

congrats dude! Tekto and Tal are looking better than ever :sticktongue:

Thanks. Couldn't have done it without your fixes!

congrats on the new release!

I have to say tho, I'm a little disappointed there wasn't any "egg quote" to add in my collection :)

;)

Own fault, shouldn't have called me out on :D

So, with all the fun of New Horizons, how has that shaped your roadmap for the Plock system?

It was always the plan to have it be closely inspired by the real thing, exactly because everyone's always made Pluto analog's for KSP which were nothing like reality. So Eudae55 will be making something that's easily recognizable as a Pluto analog. Think the Mun and Duna, which have the same kind of relationship with their inspiration.

Is it possible to easily mod this mod to swap the names of Plock and Eeloo... Or is that something well and truly buried in some hard to alter code or something?

I'm fine with Eeloo being remodeled to be a better Pluto analog... I just feel if Eeloo is being kept as an outer planet, it deserves the position of outermost planet... Plock can be a moon in my game...

I'm talking a mere name swap, basically. I want my Eeloo to still be my Pluto analog. If I instal this... I still want Eeloo to be my extreme destination.

Is it possible to easily mod this mod to swap the names of Plock and Eeloo... Or is that something well and truly buried in some hard to alter code or something?

I'm fine with Eeloo being remodeled to be a better Pluto analog... I just feel if Eeloo is being kept as an outer planet, it deserves the position of outermost planet... Plock can be a moon in my game...

I'm talking a mere name swap, basically. I want my Eeloo to still be my Pluto analog. If I instal this... I still want Eeloo to be my extreme destination.

So basically you just want the name to be different?

Try this

@Kopernicus:FINAL
{
@Body[Plock]
{
cbNameLater = Eeloo
}
@Body[Eeloo]
{
cbNameLater = Plock
}

}

Now that New Horizons has finally reached Pluto... Are we going to see Plock finished any time soon? :)
Great - It really helps to make the place seem unlike any other object in the game!

Also, how far through development are Neidon's moons at this point? You mentioned that you would start work on Plock after Neidon's system is finalized so I'm just wondering what sort of time-frame we're talking about. I look forward to seeing what you have in store! :)

No concrete timeframe. Some long overdue fixes to the existing moons are first. Then I have to get Eudae55 to work on the Nereid based moon, as that's not production quality yet (the concept's there). The Triton based moon has all the resources, but not all of those are in-game yet.

quotinseption

There wouldn't happen to be a teaser post on what the moons of neidon might look like would there? I've looked through a few pages and I was wondering if anyone would save me the trouble of looking through 236 or trying to get vBulletin's search function to work (honestly I don't know which would be harder)

There wouldn't happen to be a teaser post on what the moons of neidon might look like would there? I've looked through a few pages and I was wondering if anyone would save me the trouble of looking through 236 or trying to get vBulletin's search function to work (honestly I don't know which would be harder)

I think there was one some pages back, but I can't remember which page

One based off of Thatmo, one based off of Nereid, with a little bit of Proteus.

Eeloo is what I was concerned with. I'll take a look around then. Thank you for that! This us perfect then. I just want additions to the core game rather than replacements.

Oh.I'm embarrassed I missed that description. Just hope it doesn't prevent possible contracts.

Thanks again.

Edited by Friend Bear

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.