[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

In prep. for starting a new career and never having used a planet mod...

If I start a game with this mod and have my career pretty expanded; when a moon/planet is added, will that affect all flights? Any flights at all? Would I have to completely restart?

---

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this question..but it pertains to this mod, directly, and others that completely replace the solar system, the outcome is self-explanatory.

Edited by Friend Bear

Thatmo? Not sure if I understand.

Triton. I've called it Thatmo so much that I'm already mixing up the real world with the fake one :D

- - - Updated - - -

In prep. for starting a new career and never having used a planet mod...

If I start a game with this mod and have my career pretty expanded; when a moon/planet is added, will that affect all flights? Any flights at all? Would I have to completely restart?

---

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this question..but it pertains to this mod, directly, and others that completely replace the solar system, the outcome is self-explanatory.

It doesn't affect flights. If you have something around Eeloo (not too far from the planet itself), it'll still be around Eeloo but Eeloo will be in a different place. That's all. Contracts should spawn normally even after installing OPM.

question: is there a mapdist map from mechjeb for the outer planets because I want my roverautopilot to work on Tekto. if there is show me the page and if you did after this reply thank you. (I rarely put messages on the threads these days and I'm to lazy to reply so thank you)

Thank you for the response. I am way stoked to use the mod so I am glad it shouldn't be difficult to implement in the long term.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't seem to find an answer anywhere else...

I watched a video where someone fell through a non-gas planet on this mod. There is collision for these planets, right? And how about the belts surrounding some of the planets (do I need to avoid them)?

Thanks for all the input guys!

---

I have seen videos where people land on the planets so I'm not too worried. More so I am curious when there is no collision and whether it is only a glitch.

Edited by Friend Bear

Thank you for the response. I am way stoked to use the mod so I am glad it shouldn't be difficult to implement in the long term.

I've managed to update my save through many KSP patches, following OPM since when it wasn't even using the current version of kopernicus. never had any single problem with OPM. the way ksp handles orbits allows you to basically avoid any possible problem, given you don't remove planets (if you remove a planet you'll lose anything in it's SoI)

moving planets is completely* fine tho.

*(almost completely)

EDIT: "avoid any possible problem" not "never avoid..." ;) whoops

Edited by Sigma88

I've managed to update my save through many KSP patches, following OPM since when it wasn't even using the current version of kopernicus. never had any single problem with OPM. the way ksp handles orbits allows you to basically never avoid any possible problem given you don't remove planets (if you remove a planet you'll lose anything in it's SoI)

Way good to know. Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Can't seem to find an answer anywhere else...

I watched a video where someone fell through a non-gas planet on this mod. There is collision for these planets, right? And how about the belts surrounding some of the planets (do I need to avoid them)?

Thanks for all the input guys!

---

I have seen videos where people land on the planets so I'm not too worried. More so I am curious when there is no collision and whether it is only a glitch.

That's an older bug. AFAIK all non-gas planets can be landed on in the current release. The belts can't be collided with (in reality that'd also be the case as the rings around Saturn are only about 10 meters thick and generally not dense enough to do much damage).

On a side note, combined downloads of OPM just passed 60k. And the previous milestone, 50k, was like a month ago. Thanks a lot guys and gals!

Edited by CaptRobau

I have a question; what program do you use to create the .dds files? I've been looking around and all the programs I'm seeing are to convert .dds to other file formats or simply just to view the file.
Converting from .PNG to .DDS using Photoshop:

http://i.imgur.com/6M6FsgJ.png

Note: This requires a plugin for photoshop available from the NVIDIA website.

there you go

So after downloading, i go to my space center and instead there is just blackness... and when i warp in the SC all the stars show up and no ground, buildings, etc. This issue happens regardless of other installed mods.

Here is a pic:

also this does not happen with other planet packs installed

38jx356.png

EDIT: never mind guys, I got it to work :D:D:D:)

Another Edit: Ok, now I'm am trying to download it again, followed all the steps and still get the same issue

Edited by tychochallenge

Now I am wondering, which one should I use for biome maps?

same as color maps since biomes are defined with RGBA

at least that is what I used and works fine

- - - Updated - - -

A shoutout to a couple of OPM videos uploaded in the last couple weeks:

thank you for posting those videos, they are very nice

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Neidon (radius 2145 km)

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]http://i.imgur.com/1CQ6AMb.png[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Neidon is another ice giant, but doesn't have the interesting planetary rings that characterize the previous two planets. It is far and purple though, which counts for something.[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Neidon (radius 2145 km)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]http://i.imgur.com/50Dp3wp.png[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

In the future Plock will become a better representation of the Pluto system than Eeloo ever was. In the meantime it’s an icy dwarf planet that looks exactly like Vall and has the orbital characteristics that Eeloo had in older versions of OPM.[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Either my internet is drunk, or the OPM page describes Plock as 'Neidon (radius 2145)'.

Is this a typo, or is my internet drunk again?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.