[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

Hey, thanks! I've been adding more and more to it as I go along. If anyone finds something blatantly wrong, please fix or let me know. I like to theorize about the planets, but learning the stuff on-the-go leads to a lot of errors and fixes.

I just updated the page for Hale. Haven't had the chance to land on it yet... I had one flyby with my Cassini-esque orbiter, and it was gone within 60 seconds real-time. Probably use an ion engine for the lander probe...

Hale Entry

I've decided to ad these links to these pages in OP as they're very informative.

I think it means the OPM KSP Universe. also, doing this could generate confusion for players new to the mod.

But ultimately this is Capt's and Eudaee's decision to make :)

I also asked this question because there is a page listing all other planets packs, so I thought it was a "global planet pack wiki".
I hope it's not only for OPM, as a global planets/moons could be useful.
Yeah, I found it when you wrote about it. I always assumed the wiki was opm only. Honestly I don't even know if the wiki was made by Capt/Eudaee or someone else
I have my own wiki for New Horizons (only it needs alot of work done to it), I assume seeing as it's called Outer Planets Wiki that it's solely for OPM, the list of planet packs is just a community bonus. As Sigma88 said:

So I wouldn't start adding random pages about other mods unless you get an OK from CaptRobau, Euadee, or Olympic1(who started the wiki) :wink:

It was created solely by Olympic1 and I don't think it was ever supposed to be an OPM only wiki. The name is misleading though. I think it makes sense to change it to something more general or make it clear that it's for everything, because it seems a lot of people wanted to add pages for other planets but didn't because they thought it was OPM only.

Can we add our own moons and planets to the Outer Planets Wiki? Because it says "All stars, planets in the KSP universe".
It was created solely by Olympic1 and I don't think it was ever supposed to be an OPM only wiki. The name is misleading though. I think it makes sense to change it to something more general or make it clear that it's for everything, because it seems a lot of people wanted to add pages for other planets but didn't because they thought it was OPM only.

The wiki was started for OPM but I decided later that it would be better to add the other planet packs too. So you are allowed to add other planets, but only planets that are compatible with Kopernicus.

Also I'm updating the templates as there were some problems with some of them. I'll also think of something to see which planet is from which mod.

I have the same issue, but disabling ATM didn't remove the pink rings (and brought my starting memory to 3.8GB...). It only seems to be caching ribbons for OPM anyway.

Anyone else have pink rings and figured out how to fix it?

Happened with Kerbol Plus too when we first released 2.0. I still don't know how the guy having the problem fixed it...

Hey Capt, just wanted to ask how the mod's going in general, any juicy news on Neidon?

Neidon's moons won't magically appear tomorrow morning, I'm afraid. Even though Neidon will get 'official' moons from the Outer Planets Mod, in the meantime, I'm collaborating with fellow Kopernicus modder Marten2Productions to create a 'fanmade' moons pack for Neidon. Though it might take some time to get a stable version (we're dealing with some nasty Kopernicus bugs here, such as moons going invisible when transforming from ScaledSpace to 'real' planet, though they are still solid), I'm the one who created the mod's maps and I can say... the moons are looking pretty good.

Even though this news is not from the official Outer Planets Mod, and might not be considered 'juicy news on Neidon', I thought I should let you know that Neidon will have it's moons very soon. In the meantime, you can create a small Kopernicus script that moves a few of KSP's offical planets to an orbit around Neidon, I tried it with Dres and that actually worked.

- - - Updated - - -

No big news. Busy moving to my new appartement. Today's the first day I even have internet here.

You're moving to a new appartment? I wish you good luck!

I still remember when I moved to a new house, and that came with a lot of carrying, pulling, pushing and headache. :confused:

I think this mod is causing an issue for me - Moho's surface is completely pitch black, no matter what side I'm looking at it from. It only happens when the camera is close enough to it (a low orbit) so it makes landing impossible. I think it's an issue with this mod because someone else has had this issue in the past but I have no idea if they even fixed it.

I don't want to uninstall this mod because it's awesome and I love it, but at the same time, it renders Moho useless. :(

Is there a workaround for this?

The wiki was started for OPM but I decided later that it would be better to add the other planet packs too. So you are allowed to add other planets, but only planets that are compatible with Kopernicus.

Also I'm updating the templates as there were some problems with some of them. I'll also think of something to see which planet is from which mod.

Also, new names for the wiki are always welcome

I think this mod is causing an issue for me - Moho's surface is completely pitch black, no matter what side I'm looking at it from. It only happens when the camera is close enough to it (a low orbit) so it makes landing impossible. I think it's an issue with this mod because someone else has had this issue in the past but I have no idea if they even fixed it.

I don't want to uninstall this mod because it's awesome and I love it, but at the same time, it renders Moho useless. :(

Is there a workaround for this?

Have you made certain that you are on the latest version? There was an issue like that for a while, but it was already fixed a few Kopernicus versions ago. Reinstall both OPM and Kopernicus, that will most likely help.

Have you made certain that you are on the latest version? There was an issue like that for a while, but it was already fixed a few Kopernicus versions ago. Reinstall both OPM and Kopernicus, that will most likely help.

Reinstalling Kopernicus fixed it! Thank you so much! :D

can i still use MechJeb?

Well, if you do ask for permission, then I'll take the opportunity and say "no" (actually, there's no reason I can think of why MechJeb would stop working with OPM, most other mods that are interested in planetary data take it from the game, not hardcode it).

Well, if you do ask for permission, then I'll take the opportunity and say "no" (actually, there's no reason I can think of why MechJeb would stop working with OPM, most other mods that are interested in planetary data take it from the game, not hardcode it).

I mean't will it stop working when i use OPM?

Kopernicus Planets Wiki

KSP Planets Mod Wiki

something like that :)

OFF TOPIC:

On vacation with the crappiest internet that exists, but I managed to change the name of the wiki to Kopernicus Planets Wiki.

Contributions are greatly appreciated and I'll update the templates as soon as I get back.

Now I'm off to enjoy my vacation for the rest of the week. :cool:

Can we add our own moons and planets to the Kopernicus Planets Wiki? Because it says "All stars, planets in the KSP universe".

sure! why not?

It's a wiki for all planet packs that use kopernicus, it's not like it's called "Outer Planets Wiki" ;)

Can we add our own moons and planets to the Outer Planets Wiki? Because it says "All stars, planets in the KSP universe".

Sure! why not?

It's a wiki for all planet packs that use kopernicus, it's not like it's called "Outer Planets Wiki" ;)

Cotilla page, here we come!!

OFF TOPIC:

On vacation with the crappiest internet that exists, but I managed to change the name of the wiki to Kopernicus Planets Wiki.

Contributions are greatly appreciated and I'll update the templates as soon as I get back.

Now I'm off to enjoy my vacation for the rest of the week. :cool:

The crappiest internet that exists? I hear you, Olympic1. I am also on a vacation, and the internet here closely resemples a cow on roller skates: slow and very instable. Even though I'm going to miss this place when I'm going back home, I'm not going to miss the internet.

I also have a small question: I am creating a bunch of packs for Kopernicus. When I'm done, can I add them to the Kopernicus Planets Wiki?

Anyways, enjoy your vacation!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.