[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

Terrain was being discussed a few pages back. It's not implemented yet but CaptRobau is gathering ideas regarding it.

In the future Kopernicus will allow custom ground scatters (ie. the trees on Kerbin, rocks on Duna, weird spires on Pol, etc.) and they can even have samples and collisions (unlike the stock scatter). What kind of ground scatter would you like to see on OPM's moons? It's future stuff (I'd need to get in touch with a modeller, etc.), but I thought I'd already start the brainstorming process.

I never added to the discussion regarding it but I just wanted to say to CaptRobau that I'm impartial regarding ground-scatter suggestions here but I don't think that Eeloo should be given any - other than it's position it should remain as similar to how it is in stock.

Kerbals on Tal act like they are floating in space and can not plant flags or walk. and spacecraft sink through when timewarping

These issues were fixed with the latest release? are you using 1.7.2?

Quick question; do any of the objects in game have terrain scattering, or is that in the works?

Second, are there any easter eggs yet?

Third; any update on Plock? New Horizons has come and gone =P

Fantastic mod by the way - it literally completes the game in my viewpoint.

1. See the post above this

2. Yes there are

3. The first thing that will be added are the moons for Neidon. Then probably a new Plock.

I installed this along with Kopernicus and Kerbin Disappeared. According to KAC the other planets are in there, since I can set alarms to find the transfer windows...

there's probably something wrong with the installation.

could you screenshot your gamedata folder?

can't see anything wrong there, you should try a clean install

- - - Updated - - -

Try doing this:

(this is a tip that can be applied to every kind of bug and is very quick to do)

1- go to your KerbalSpaceProgram folder

2- Rename the GameData folder to GameDataOLD (or something similar)

3- create a new folder and name it GameData

4- move the Squad folder from GameDataOLD to the new GameData folder

5- install Kopernicus

6- install OPM

7- make sure you have Module Manager (I always forget this part :D)

8- load into the game and see if you are still experiencing the bug

IF YES:

report it

IF NO:

some of your mods is interfering, you could try adding one mod at a time and check when the bug comes back

then report it

I see a couple of mods in your list that could be doing something, but I would be a wild guess at this point :D

[@spoiler=OPM Spoiler] text

remove the @

anyway, I don't think capt added that thing, I think it was lajoswinkler to add it for narrative purposes

I could be wrong tho

It clearly wasn't a procedural parts ball or whack-a-kerbal ball, W-A-K balls are white and both have more solid collision methods.

It clearly wasn't a
procedural parts ball or whack-a-kerbal ball, W-A-K balls are white and both have more solid collision methods.

still doesn't mean capt is the one who put it there, and since it's a clear sci-fi reference I highly doubt it is included in OPM.

most likely was lajoswinkler who added it on his install, his thread is packed full with sci-fi references

Hm.

So it's in this

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/449583883394111364/1548E86456900B3DCB4F69A04E4FFD0090D56B31/
if it really does exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Also question, how were the original easter eggs added in the first place?

It was smaller (18-19 m) and higher above at first, but it grew to 100 m, so it rolled down like a roulette ball.

F275C729DC9FD71F1C87B7F6E4CEAEB741341078
Edited by lajoswinkler

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.