[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

has anyone made EVE WIP and/or Scatterer got working with OPM? I am asking because I am heading out there really soon and those effects would make for some wonderful screenshots ;)

The only dowlodable cfgs I know of are those in Eleusis pack which I also helped putting together.

It's compatible with EVE, KSPRC and AVP.

But not wip eve yet.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/113866

The only dowlodable cfgs I know of are those in Eleusis pack which I also helped putting together.

It's compatible with EVE, KSPRC and AVP.

But not wip eve yet.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/113866

Note: at least last time I tried it, it was also compatible with Better Atmospheres. Trying to install lightning on Tekto breaks that, though.

Note: at least last time I tried it, it was also compatible with Better Atmospheres. Trying to install lightning on Tekto breaks that, though.

Better atmospheres is not supported. It may be that for some quirk in the code it actually works, but it wasn't intentional :)

Tried to rescale Nissee and Thatmo for 64k and it turns out I'm not very good at kopernicus configs

Also the planet renders in front of a gigantic ghost of itself from scaled space. Anyone know what I can do to fix all of these issues?

Keep the Nissee hole! I like it!

It's like the Mohole but really far away!

Tried to rescale Nissee and Thatmo for 64k and it turns out I'm not very good at kopernicus configs

Also the planet renders in front of a gigantic ghost of itself from scaled space. Anyone know what I can do to fix all of these issues?

Whoa! That place is surely messed up!

Still, it does give the moon an unique feature, so I'm seconding _Augustus_, I think that 'faraway mohole' should stay.

Regarding the terrain, if you did not do anything that would specifically cause this it won't be so easy to get rid of it. Is this present in stock? I imagine it would be, albeit to a much lesser degree...

Regarding the scaledspace problems, delete the bodyName.bin file from the Kopernicus cache, or wherever OPM stores them if they are moved, then try again.

Stock parachutes don't have a minimum pressure setting low enough for them to deploy. Without an initial deploy, they won't be able to fully open up either when they get below a certain height above ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the heads up about the images. The forum OP and download pages need to be updated. That's still a WIP.

Congrats on Neidon's satellites. One of the best mods for KSP ever. I'd like to see it become stock.

I think I'm gonna send Kron 5 there, but I'll wait until you polish this a bit more.

Regarding the parachutes, would Real Chute be capable of working on Thatmo? After all, it's configurable and I'd make Thatmo's atmosphere so weak not even Real Chute could do anything about it.

There is a problem, though. I've been reading Squad had lots of problems with atmospheres less dense than Duna's. Apparently something breaks apart, visually.

All large KBOs with atmospheres, including Triton, must have total darkness above the horizon. At few pascals (in real life), such atmosphere is useless for pretty much anything we're used to.

Edited by lajoswinkler

From my point of view, a hole that giant is a tad unintentional. I can edit the heightmap a touch to fix that issue for the next update

Regarding the giant scaled space problem, did you erase the kopernicus cache so 64K versions can be generated on start-up? I'm not a kopernicus expert but that might address the problem you're talking about.

Hi there,

I just noticed that even if you added the .version file for KSP-AVC you don't have an actual "version" registered on KSP-AVC website.

To make AVC work you need to register an account here http://ksp-avc.cybutek.net/

then you can create a "Version" for OPM and set there the parameters.

you will also need to download the .version file from the site since it needs the field "URL" which is assigned by AVC when you create the new version

if you need help feel free to pm me :)

Have you considered adding arcs around Neidon? Neptune does have full rings, but at first they were thought to be broken into arcs. It would be cool to have a single broken ring. Just a thought.

You mean a partial ring? Is that even possible with the current version of Kopernicus? As far as I know rings are generated from a single texture.

Have you considered adding arcs around Neidon? Neptune does have full rings, but at first they were thought to be broken into arcs. It would be cool to have a single broken ring. Just a thought.

it's not possible to make rings with different sectors

I already have a lot of cool idea for when that will be possible

You mean a partial ring? Is that even possible with the current version of Kopernicus? As far as I know rings are generated from a single texture.

Oh, now I'm looking at the texture file. Yes, it seems it's not possible. I thought the rings were made differently, where an alpha transparent part could be inserted, but yeah, it can't be done like this. Texture file is 1x1024 PNG which is then "smeared" around the planet.

I might fork a Neidon ring for my own purposes. I'd like to see a thin one. Just like Urlum's eight rings, only more narrow and just one.

Oh, now I'm looking at the texture file. Yes, it seems it's not possible. I thought the rings were made differently, where an alpha transparent part could be inserted, but yeah, it can't be done like this. Texture file is 1x1024 PNG which is then "smeared" around the planet.

I might fork a Neidon ring for my own purposes. I'd like to see a thin one. Just like Urlum's eight rings, only more narrow and just one.

It's quite simple to make, actually. All you need to do is copy the rings part from the script from Sarnus or Urlum and insert it in Neidon's script. Then, add your own 'custom Neidon ring' and update the file path in the Neidon config.

I did some tests with Thatmo. It took 1126 m/s to land and 904 m/s to get back up to 25 km equatorial orbit. It's safe to say 2500 m/s for a lander is sufficient.

Also, I've managed to cause plasma to appear by thrusting towards the surface.

2015_09_13_00008.jpg

I haven't even tried to use parachutes or anything. I doubt even a flat octo probe with three large realchute parachutes would be slowed down enough to avoid smacking into the ground.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.