[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

For us people with the terrible pc's, can you guys please make sarnus like gas giant 2, where there is a download with only and only sarnus and its moons.

Dude, you can also delete the config files for Urlum, Neidon, Plock and all moons orbiting Urlum and Neidon. After that they won't load anymore.

Also, try Active Texture Management, it might be able to boost your FPS.

I have installed this mod. I also have HyperEdit and TextureReplacer. The game loads fine, and every time it loads a thing pops up that says ModuleManager has made 28 patches or something. I can go into one of my save files and it'll show me a view of space instead of the KSC. Sometimes the Mun is in the picture, sometimes Minmus, sometimes the sun. The image is very slowly rotating around an axis that is behind the camera. Half the time, the skybox disappears and the background is completely black. HyperEdit says in its Planet Editor that Sarnus, Urlum, Neidon, and Plock exist, but that none of their moons exist, and I can't go to the Tracking Center to confirm this because as I said I can't see the KSC from the KSC. What did I do wrong?

My GameData folder looks like:

GameData 2

Kerbaltek

Kopernicus.0.4

ModuleManager.ConfigCache

ModuleManager.ConfigSHA

ModuleManager.Physics

ModuleManager.TechTree

NASAMission

OPM

Squad

TextureReplacer-2.4.10

"GameData 2" is the folder that I was given when I extracted the OPM zip file. What did I do wrong?

Edited by Findthepin1

So after downloading, i go to my space center and instead there is just blackness... and when i warp in the SC all the stars show up and no ground, buildings, etc. This issue happens regardless of other installed mods.

Here is a pic:

also this does not happen with other planet packs installed

http://i.imgur.com/38jx356.png

EDIT: never mind guys, I got it to work :D:D:D:)

Another Edit: Ok, now I'm am trying to download it again, followed all the steps and still get the same issue

This is identical to what is happening in my save. I don't know how to fix it.

I don't know if this is an OPM issue or a Kopernicus issue but I keep getting crashes, and it goes away when I remove Kopernicus.

Screenshot: MnYHJuq.png

The Exception that makes everything go boom:

[EXC 01:33:46.177] NullReferenceException
UnityEngine.Component.get_gameObject ()
KnowledgeBase.DisposeResourceList ()
KnowledgeBase.CreateResourceList ()
KnowledgeBase.OnMapFocusChange (.MapObject target)
EventData`1[MapObject].Fire (.MapObject data)
PlanetariumCamera.SetTarget (.MapObject tgt)
PlanetariumCamera.OnVesselDestroy (.Vessel vessel)
EventData`1[Vessel].Fire (.Vessel data)
Vessel.OnDestroy ()

Log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ff64midf30wloch/KSP.log?dl=0

Edited by Thorbane

Anyone know how much dV Thatmo takes to get off of?

You can either calculate it or check it with HyperEdit by positioning it in the lowest possible orbit. Then just add 100-200 m/s to the orbiting speed.

First cosmic speed equation is:

v1 = sqrt (G Mp/rp)

or v1 = sqrt (μ/rp)

where G is the gravitational constant (same as in our universe) Mp is the mass of the body you're orbiting and rp is the distance between the center of the body's mass and center of your mass.

μ is obviously a product of G and Mp and is called standard gravitational parameter with the unit [m3 s−2].

Edited by lajoswinkler

I have installed this mod. I also have HyperEdit and TextureReplacer. The game loads fine, and every time it loads a thing pops up that says ModuleManager has made 28 patches or something. I can go into one of my save files and it'll show me a view of space instead of the KSC. Sometimes the Mun is in the picture, sometimes Minmus, sometimes the sun. The image is very slowly rotating around an axis that is behind the camera. Half the time, the skybox disappears and the background is completely black. HyperEdit says in its Planet Editor that Sarnus, Urlum, Neidon, and Plock exist, but that none of their moons exist, and I can't go to the Tracking Center to confirm this because as I said I can't see the KSC from the KSC. What did I do wrong?

My GameData folder looks like:

GameData 2

Kerbaltek

Kopernicus.0.4

ModuleManager.ConfigCache

ModuleManager.ConfigSHA

ModuleManager.Physics

ModuleManager.TechTree

NASAMission

OPM

Squad

TextureReplacer-2.4.10

"GameData 2" is the folder that I was given when I extracted the OPM zip file. What did I do wrong?

What's inside that GameData 2 folder? There may be components in there that need to move up to your regular GameData folder.

I am having troubles with Tal. I sent a resource scanner probe there and started scanning. Shortly after, everything kind of went wrong. As soon as I enter map view, I no longer see any spaceships, there is no resource overlay and I can't get into other vessels.

Help? :(

What's inside that GameData 2 folder? There may be components in there that need to move up to your regular GameData folder.

GameData 2 contains:

LICENSE_Kopernicus.txt

LICENSE_OuterPlanetsMod.txt

ModuleManager.2.6.7.dll

ModuleManagerLicense.md

OPM (folder)

By the way this is all on KSP 1.0.4 on a Mac.

EDIT: YES IT WORKED!! THX. I HAD TO MOVE "OPM" FROM GAMEDATA 2 TO GAMEDATA. BTW MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, there appears to be a Mohole on Nissee.

Edited by Findthepin1

GameData 2 contains:

LICENSE_Kopernicus.txt

LICENSE_OuterPlanetsMod.txt

ModuleManager.2.6.7.dll

ModuleManagerLicense.md

OPM (folder)

By the way this is all on KSP 1.0.4 on a Mac.

EDIT: YES IT WORKED!! THX. I HAD TO MOVE "OPM" FROM GAMEDATA 2 TO GAMEDATA. BTW MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, there appears to be a Mohole on Nissee.

Cool -- glad that worked. Yeah -- everything in that GameData 2 folder needed to be up in the main gamedata folder, so modmanager and the OPM folder were in the same place as all other mod folders.

I am having troubles with Tal. I sent a resource scanner probe there and started scanning. Shortly after, everything kind of went wrong. As soon as I enter map view, I no longer see any spaceships, there is no resource overlay and I can't get into other vessels.

Help? :(

I have confirmed this with my other game (sandbox vs. science only). This puts a really big slump in my current KSP video series :(

EDIT: I have salvaged the savegame by manually deleting the scan entry. It works now, but I have to blindly trust where to land on Tal in order to gather resources.

Edited by ShadowZone

Four things:

1. I think these recent bugs are Kopernicus issues, so head over to that thread first

2. I got that job I was spending so much of my time getting the past few weeks!

3. Outer Planets Mod has been downloaded more than 100,000 times between KerbalStuff and CurseForge. What an unforgettable milestone! Thanks a lot everyone, this mod wouldn't be half it was without all of your input!

4. I finished the biomes for Neidon's moons, so we can get the crowd-sourced science description process started! 1.8.1 is one step closer.

Here's how it works:

Below is a link to a Google Docs spreadsheet. This has three relevant sheets. Info and Moon Background can't be edited and are designed to help you. They contain biome maps, moon backgrounds, etc. Everything you need to write the science descriptions. The Neidon Biomes sheet is the place where you submit your descriptions. It should all be pretty straightforward. Ideally we'd rather have you fill out empty situations instead of writing a blurb for a situation that already has a blurb, but if you have an description that's just too amazing, there is room for a second description. If you have questions, you can always PM me.

Here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J_xgrPoqJSqvvdzgOqNlwmj0aabSVGda8hZLRu9VhsE/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by CaptRobau

4. I finished the biomes for Neidon's moons, so we can get the crowd-sourced science description process started! 1.8.1 is one step closer.

Here's how it works:

Below is a link to a Google Docs spreadsheet. This has three relevant sheets. Info and Moon Background can't be edited and are designed to help you. They contain biome maps, moon backgrounds, etc. Everything you need to write the science descriptions. The Neidon Biomes sheet is the place where you submit your descriptions. It should all be pretty straightforward. Ideally we'd rather have you fill out empty situations instead of writing a blurb for a situation that already has a blurb, but if you have an description that's just too amazing, there is room for a second description. If you have questions, you can always PM me.

Here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J_xgrPoqJSqvvdzgOqNlwmj0aabSVGda8hZLRu9VhsE/edit?usp=sharing

Awesome! I'll write something right away!

EDIT: there's a typo in the 'Moon Backgrounds' tab: Slate has Eeloo's description...

Firstly, congratulations on getting the job! Secondly, will we be seeing an atmospheric haze being added to Thatmo in 1.8.1? I asked you about it a when 1.8 was released and you said you were working on an atmospheric visual but couldn' get it quite right. My thinking is that whether or not you can see the tenuous atmosphere could alter some of the science descriptions for the atmospheric analysis and the PresMat barometer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.