[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

Anybody having an issue with your outer planets looking like this? I think the Kopernicus mod may have something to do with it, but it seem the terrestrial body surfaces look fine:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cn2w1kyj93vj0lx/screenshot771.png?dl=0

That's definitely a problem with procedural gas giants. Try updating Kopernicus and Kopernicus Expansion.

Firstly, congratulations on getting the job! Secondly, will we be seeing an atmospheric haze being added to Thatmo in 1.8.1? I asked you about it a when 1.8 was released and you said you were working on an atmospheric visual but couldn' get it quite right. My thinking is that whether or not you can see the tenuous atmosphere could alter some of the science descriptions for the atmospheric analysis and the PresMat barometer.

It's planned. We'll have to see what it turns out to look like.

Hi! Sorry if this is an old problem, but for me all the gas giants have the same wrong texture:

This is Jool:

jool.jpg

And this is Sarnus (Urlum and Neidon look almost the same):

sarnus.jpg

I'm running KSP in OpenGL mode. I also have Astronomer's Pack, but the problem persists even if I uninstall AP, and the rocky bodies look just fine. Does anyone have a clue what the problem might be? Thanks in advance!

Hi! Sorry if this is an old problem, but for me all the gas giants have the same wrong texture:

This is Jool:

http://s12.postimg.org/apwyq9ea5/jool.jpg

And this is Sarnus (Urlum and Neidon look almost the same):

http://s12.postimg.org/wevuu4gi5/sarnus.jpg

I'm running KSP in OpenGL mode. I also have Astronomer's Pack, but the problem persists even if I uninstall AP, and the rocky bodies look just fine. Does anyone have a clue what the problem might be? Thanks in advance!

I don't think it's with Astronomer's Pack. That looks like Procedural Gas Giants taking a crap. Someone posted this same issue a few posts before yours. I think someone suggested updating Kopernicus and Kopernicus Expansion. Also, I'm not 100% sure that Astronomer's Pack and Procedural Gas Giants are compatible (someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

Nothing bad that I can tell; Might move some ships around if you have anything in orbit of Eeloo (it is the only planet changed), but I believe you can just drop the mod in.

What about opposite? If for some reason I have to uninstall this mod, does existing save file still work ?

What about opposite? If for some reason I have to uninstall this mod, does existing save file still work ?

if you want to uninstall this mod, you have to make sure you don't have any ships around of OPM's planets. Same for eeloo.

- - - Updated - - -

To all the people who are making science blurbs:

If you're writing a science blurb for a biome, please make sure that you now how the moons looks.

There are some really good descriptions in the document already, but some are really off from the looks of the moon.

I corrected the blurbs that were off. (Green on a almost whitish moon?)

You can also still write some reports for Tekto's gravity. Go to the Tekto Blurbs tab and scroll down to the Gravimeter section to add some more blurbs.

I'm getting the same texture issues as Raven. Jool and the gas giants from your mod are showing up with the same wierd texture. I also have the Urania mod installed, that gas giant looks fine. If I uninstall OPM, Jool looks normal again. Re-installing OPM after that causes the issue to reappear.

Just added a few. I also edited a low space slate thing about plate tectonics, I added "You declare this activity "Slate Tectonics""

:D

If you are adding biome descriptions to anything other than Neidon's moons, let me know in the thread. This way I know what's old and what's new in those other tabs.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.