[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

[quote name='tajampi']Hi Capt:

Is it only me or Plock (and only Plock) is not loading using Kopernicus and OPM latest?

Related lines of Kopernicus.log and Plock.Body.log follow:

[LOG 02:59:09]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Neidon
[LOG 02:59:09]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: Plock
[LOG 02:59:09]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Loaded Body: Sarnus

[LOG 02:59:09]: Parsing Target Debug in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Body) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.DebugLoader)
[LOG 02:59:09]: Parsing Target barycenter in (Kopernicus.Configuration.Body) as (Kopernicus.Configuration.NumericParser`1[System.Boolean])
[LOG 02:59:09]: Exception Was Recorded: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Kopernicus.Configuration.Body.Kopernicus.Configuration.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.Configuration.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Cheers! :)[/QUOTE]

It's not just you. I also see a bunch of exceptions in Player.log:

[QUOTE]
[OD] Adding for body Thatmo map named Thatmo_biome (CBRGB) for Thatmo of path = OPM/KopernicusConfigs/NeidonMoons/PluginData/Thatmo_biome.dds

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Kopernicus.Configuration.ScaledPlanetRimAerialLoader.get_rimColorRampGradientSetter () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Reflection.MonoProperty.GetValue (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] index, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Reflection.MonoProperty.GetValue (System.Object obj, System.Object[] index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser.LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser:LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode(MemberInfo, Object, ConfigNode, Boolean)
Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser:LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode(Object, ConfigNode, Boolean)
Kopernicus.Configuration.ScaledVersionLoader:Kopernicus.Configuration.IParserEventSubscriber.Apply(ConfigNode)
Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser:LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode(Object, ConfigNode, Boolean)
Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser:CreateObjectFromConfigNode(Type, ConfigNode, Boolean)
Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser:LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode(MemberInfo, Object, ConfigNode, Boolean)
Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader:Kopernicus.Configuration.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply(ConfigNode)
Kopernicus.Configuration.Parser:CreateObjectFromConfigNode(ConfigNode, Boolean)
Kopernicus.Injector:Awake()
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelWasLoaded(Int32)

(Filename: Line: 4294967295)

[OD] Adding for body Thatmo map named Thatmo_color (RGB) for Thatmo of path = OPM/Kopernicus
[/QUOTE]
I'm using MacOS.

Thanks Thomas. Link for the lazy: [url]https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/beta-05-1[/url]

For those interested, it was caused by Plock not having a ScaledVersion node. Which is why my WIP 1.9 version of Plock appeared for me, since it had this node.

Hi:

At least for me the latest Kopernicus (0.5.1) results in a black screen in what should be main scene of KSP Center, with no clickables but "exit", and a kopernicus log now only being able to load only a few bodies, Kerbin and sun not included...

Is it my fault?

Cheers! :)

Tajampi I am getting the same thing. Its not just you.

[URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/w0ibehimbc5v20g/KSP.log?dl=0"]KSP.log[/URL]

Using:
MM 1.6.13
EVE 1.0.5.3
Kopernicus 0.5.1
Scatterer 0.191
OPM 1.8.1
MapViewPlus 0.1.1
SVE 1.0 Edited by Poodmund

Another issue I've run into, (And I believe I've seen this one for a long time, just couldn't put my finger on it..) although I believe this is more of a bug with Kopernicus itself then OPM, but I've done all my testing of it within OPM. The short version is if you don't use a template planet the atmosphere that Kopernicus creates appears to be.. a little wonky.

I've been doing some aero-braking testing of Jool, Sarnus, Urlum, and Neidon atmospheres to test the changes to thermal mechanics. Jool works exactly how you expect it.

[imgur]H0tpu[/imgur]

Used around 200 ablator on a sub-orbital drop coming in prograde. (Coming in retrograde roughly uses 2.5x times more ablator.) But the important thing to note is that you follow surface-mode retrograde coming in and eventually your horizontal speed eventually drops to nothing. Makes sense, right? The atmosphere is rotating with the planet properly. (Its a gas giant, the atmosphere technically -is- the planet after all, lol)

This doesn't happen with Sarnus, Urlum, or Neidon! Instead you get something wonky and I hazard a guess that it doesn't work properly on -any- planet created by Kopernicus if you don't specify a template planet in the config.

[imgur]HBNJS[/imgur]

So, on a similar sub-orbital drop to Jool, you end up using more ablator braking into the atmosphere. This makes sense if you imagine that Kopernicus is creating a Kerbin-like atmosphere instead of a Jool-like atmosphere around Sarnus. Same thing happens at Urlum and Neidon too. The more important thing to note, however, is that you can not follow surface-mode retrograde down into Sarnus. At some point, the horizontal velocity starts to go -up- to over 1.1Kms! Even though you're obviously falling straight down.

Then, it gets even more odd! At exactly 15Km altitude, the game suddenly decides this isn't right and apparently tries to switch your orbital and surface velocity. The resulting Kraken attack literally rips most of the parts off the ship and sends them flying into the great beyond. Amusing, but wrong! The same effect happens at Urlum and Neidon too, however, since the velocity change isn't as.. large, it only causes the ship to violently lurch and flop around as it 'corrects itself'.

But, if you add template Jool to the config..

[imgur]AgZeW[/imgur]

..Everything works properly. Sarnus inherits the newer thermal mechanics of Jool (Didn't even use any ablator on this sub-orbital drop, although the heat-shield did warm up a bit!) and you can follow surface-mode retrograde all the way down with no Kraken attack at 15Km. Also, the normal map used on Jool shows back up which, in my humble opinion, looks better then the completely smooth look of the atmosphere.

I guess what's happening is when Kopernicus is asking KSP to create an atmosphere, without a template, there's a few variables missing so KSP defaults to using some old Kerbin-like values, resulting in the wonkyness.

[quote name='tajampi']Hi:

At least for me the latest Kopernicus (0.5.1) results in a black screen in what should be main scene of KSP Center, with no clickables but "exit", and a kopernicus log now only being able to load only a few bodies, Kerbin and sun not included...

Is it my fault?

Cheers! :)[/QUOTE]

Experienced the same thing too. Perhaps I was too quick to cheer. Perhaps some more testing needs to be done by Thomas ;D

Hi:

Plock and all planets back from Medusa Cascade. This time Kopernicus 0.5.2, and not the Doctor, did the trick. You, Gents, are awesome! Thanks a lot to all involved, specially to the magnificent Kopernicus and OPM teams.

Cheers! :D

Asteroidal moons are a dime a dozen. We've waited 80 years to get a good look at Pluto and I still can't get enough of it. Thus Plock and its moon will be tributes to those distant, but strangely active and intriguing worlds.

Plus I'm using SigmaBinary to make it a true binary system, very different from Duna-Ike's interaction. It's quite a sight, I assure you.

[quote name='Interplanet Janet']Oh! I only have 4 Gigs, though. 2.88 allocated.[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked it was 2.7... You CAN develop planet packs with 4gigs! I, myself use crappy 32bit windows with 2.7 allocated and development is going just fine!

Hello,
i got a problem that with your mod installed i get very low FPS, tho im on x64 KSP version.
On average, with large ships i got around 20-25 FPS, but after i installed your mod it became around 5-7 FPS, and if i set all my settings to the lowest nothing actually changes. At one point it even became worse, than before(with normal settings)

[quote name='CaptRobau']Asteroidal moons are a dime a dozen. We've waited 80 years to get a good look at Pluto and I still can't get enough of it. Thus Plock and its moon will be tributes to those distant, but strangely active and intriguing worlds.

Plus I'm using SigmaBinary to make it a true binary system, very different from Duna-Ike's interaction. It's quite a sight, I assure you.[/QUOTE]

Sounds great! Looking very forward to this :)

[quote name='CaptRobau']Asteroidal moons are a dime a dozen. We've waited 80 years to get a good look at Pluto and I still can't get enough of it. Thus Plock and its moon will be tributes to those distant, but strangely active and intriguing worlds.

Plus I'm using SigmaBinary to make it a true binary system, very different from Duna-Ike's interaction. It's quite a sight, I assure you.[/QUOTE]

Ooh, I can't wait to replicate New Horizons! (The mission, not KillAshley's (awesome) planet mod)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.