[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

[quote name='Stickuz']I'm having a weird bug with Sarnus, the rings render behind the planet. But Urlum's rings look fine however.

[url]http://imgur.com/a/bC6uU[/url]

Anybody ran into this before?

I'm running tons of mods and 64bit, but didn't have this problem before 1.0.5.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually getting this too. Lots of mods and 64 bit, but I never saw this happen before updating to 1.0.5.

Using the latest Kopernicus, OPM, Scatterer, SkyTonemapper, latest EVE- those should be the only relevant mods.

[quote name='Thomas P.']What mods do you use?[/QUOTE]
I have a build solely using the new EVE, Scatterer, Kopernicus and OPM and it is happening to me. Sarnus appears in front of the rings that are supposed to be in the foreground.

Running in OpenGL if it matters.

[quote name='Thomas P.']What mods do you use?[/QUOTE]

I'm using EVE 7-4 and OPM Clouds so I can get clouds on Tekto. Not using scatterer cause it's giving me a permanent black sky on kerbin at the moment. All my mods that support 1.0.5 are installed through CKAN and a few old ones installed manually. I actually just did a fresh install of KSP and got all these mods together awhile after 1.0.5 came out.

[quote name='AlbertKermin']THIS MOD IS EPIC!

I just managed to put a probe into orbit of Neidon, taking a total of almost three hours of real time, at maximum stock timewarp, to get there. However, I managed to get into orbit using only chemical engines (the one I used was from RLA Stockalike).

I did notice one bug, though. My Gravioli Detectors seem to not be able to make science reports from the orbit of any of the new planets. Not sure if that's this mod's fault, as I am running quite a few other mods as well.

Anyway, here are some (badly misspelled, thank you very much Jeb!) images from the mission.

[URL]http://i.imgur.com/TG51dCG.png[/URL]

The Atlas-K and Neidon Orbiter, before faring installation. The Neidon Orbiter is built with a single, low-power central engine, and four drop tanks rigged in pairs around it. Since RCS is only needed while the drop tanks are full, that entire system is attached to the primary tank pair, and is jettisoned along with them.

[URL]http://i.imgur.com/CI7bAju.png[/URL]

The upper stage only manages about half of the Neidon Transfer Burn. After that, the probe itself takes over, burning completely through the fuel in the secondary drop tanks and jettisoning them, then burning half the fuel in the primary drop tanks before achieving transfer velocity.

[URL]http://i.imgur.com/MMiH0Yd.png[/URL]

Arriving and Neidon 25 mission years later necessitated another 1,200 m/s burn to enter orbit, burning through the rest of the primary drop tanks and most of the probe's internal fuel reserve.[/QUOTE]

i went to neidon with a puny ion engine after gravity assistsfrom jool and sarnus in like 1 hour so i feel sorry for you....

[quote name='Antares36']i went to neidon with a puny ion engine after gravity assistsfrom jool and sarnus in like 1 hour so i feel sorry for you....[/QUOTE]

I remember running that mission. Most fun I had in weeks, so don't go insulting it just because I was math-lazy and used a Hohmann transfer orbit :)

Everyone, you can use BetterTimeWarp, but beware, apparantly the Kraken [I]loves[/I] mods that alter time warp speeds...

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Olympic1']I think EVE or scatterer is causing that to the rings[/QUOTE]

EVE and Kopernicus' rings have a tendency to conflict, yes. For some reason though the last version of the E.V.E pack I am developing for OPM works quite nicely with the rings. Here is an old image of the three gas giants. Yes, it's an image I took a while ago, but nothing has changed since when it comes to the gas giants.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0JWXMt7.png[/IMG]
However, I have yet to port the clouds to the latest version, I've been working pertty hard on getting KerbolOrigin's clouds to work before Christmas, not to mention that I also have to fix the clouds I made for Arkas because the latest version of E.V.E needs a new config setup, I have to make clouds for Jungis [I]and[/I] I am making a fanmade moonpack for Arkas.

Yeah, I've got lots of stuff to do.

Hey, it looks like I can use new text formatting thingies.

Now I'm to the right,

to the left now, y'all!

TWO HOPS THIS TIME.

TWO HOPS THIS TIME.

THREE HOPS THIS TIME.

TWELVE HOPS THIS TIME.

THIRTY-SIX HOPS THIS TIME.

Sorry for going off topic.

And yet I'm still wondering about that Plock-PA-DA thing.

5 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

Yes, but the old formatting broke. The OP looks horrible :D

you can go to google cache and copy the old thread 

select the internet page with the mouse and copy, then just paste on the thread here.

It's not the best solution, but It can work as a temporary solution

Edited by Sigma88

I know this kind of thing has been brought up before but 118 pages.... I started with a clean install KSP 105. Downloaded OPM 1.8.1 and the latest Kopernicus. Unzipped, put into Game Data. Started game. I see no outer planets. I also have 3 other planet packs (Asclepius, Arkas, and Kronkus). None of these are showing up. All of this worked in my 104 install (older versions). Since others aren't having this issue, it pretty much has to be something with my install but I see no folder differences between my 104 and 105 installs. Any suggestions on troubleshooting this would be appreciated.  

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

Thanks.

46 minutes ago, Red Shirt said:

I know this kind of thing has been brought up before but 118 pages.... I started with a clean install KSP 105. Downloaded OPM 1.8.1 and the latest Kopernicus. Unzipped, put into Game Data. Started game. I see no outer planets. I also have 3 other planet packs (Asclepius, Arkas, and Kronkus). None of these are showing up. All of this worked in my 104 install (older versions). Since others aren't having this issue, it pretty much has to be something with my install but I see no folder differences between my 104 and 105 installs. Any suggestions on troubleshooting this would be appreciated.  

Do you have Kopernicus 1.0.5.2?

13 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

Do you have Kopernicus 1.0.5.2?

Yes and the most current mm dll. The only explanation I can come up with on my own is in the previous install I added one mod at a time, ran the game, exited, then added the next.  This time I put everything in Game Data at once. Don't know if that would do it or if I'm grasping at straws.

Ah got it. At least one of the other planet packs are incompatible with the newest Kopernicus. Once I pulled their folder, OPM is working just fine

Edited by Red Shirt

18 hours ago, Red Shirt said:

Yes and the most current mm dll. The only explanation I can come up with on my own is in the previous install I added one mod at a time, ran the game, exited, then added the next.  This time I put everything in Game Data at once. Don't know if that would do it or if I'm grasping at straws.

Ah got it. At least one of the other planet packs are incompatible with the newest Kopernicus. Once I pulled their folder, OPM is working just fine

Great to hear it

Just made my first successful (in simulation) Thatmo landing, and I had to share!

The ship I used- Weighing only 3.3 tons, but with an impressive wingspan,  it is the best design I could make for a thin atmosphere. The center of lift and the center of mass are practically on top of each other, a critical design feature- while it is mostly stable, it can be easily turned at extreme angles if I need to use the engines to pull up. Also, the dual E-50 electric engines operate well in thin atmospheres with no oxygen.

RRFjcmr.png

I hyper-edited into orbit. Yes, I know, it seems like cheating, but I didn't want to spend the better part of an evening getting a ship into orbit, only to have it crash repeatedly.

I came in at a very shallow angle, and slowly- after a few interesting moments- realized I had achieved actual flight.

KwoT6DD.png

Now for a real challenge- landing this thing.  I haven't even set up the thrust reversers, so this is going to be- problematic. Fortunately, this thing is actually pretty maneuverable, and I can pull it up to almost forty-five degrees without stalling in the thin atmosphere.

Which I promptly need, because- well  there was a mountain in the way, which I only remembered to take a picture of after I had cleared it and the adrenaline stopped flowing.

JuAASbK.png

Fortunately, there is a good landing place right beyond that hill, and I ended up almost sideways to the atmosphere in turning toward it.

Fortunately, by this altitude, the electric engines weren't overheating that much anymore, so I had full power for the touchdown.

The low gravity meant I was able to survive what would have been a too-hard landing in other atmospheres.

Now came the real problem- stopping. No airbrakes to help me out here, and I'd forgotten to set up the thrust reversers, so I found myself going full tilt across rough terrain.

Fortunately, I had the presence of mind to throttle completely down, then wait for the thrust to drop to zero, activate the thrust reversers, and then throttle back up. Within seconds, I had reached a complete stop.

cGVlpCo.png

I've noticed in screenshots that Thatmo does not have any visible atmosphere despite its atmosphere being apparently almost as thick as Kerbin's (According to atmosphere meter). The fix for this is to change the template to that of either Duna or Laythe's and remove whatever stock PQSmods or other things that interfere with Thatmo's appearance. (Duna's PQSLandControl, Laythe's Oceans)

21 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

I've noticed in screenshots that Thatmo does not have any visible atmosphere despite its atmosphere being apparently almost as thick as Kerbin's (According to atmosphere meter). The fix for this is to change the template to that of either Duna or Laythe's and remove whatever stock PQSmods or other things that interfere with Thatmo's appearance. (Duna's PQSLandControl, Laythe's Oceans)

Thanks, I'll try that.

plock got the same texture like vall? what? :rolleyes:

On 21/12/2014, 15:47:07, CaptRobau said:

In the future Plock will become a better representation of the Pluto system than Eeloo ever was. In the meantime it’s an icy dwarf planet that looks exactly like Vall and has the orbital characteristics that Eeloo had in older versions of OPM.  

Frequently Asked Questions

When will Plock be changed into something unique?

In the next major update. You'll get a revamped Plock and a Charon-analog.

Edited by Sigma88

On 03/12/2015, 18:34:09, Proteus said:

plock got the same texture like vall? what? :rolleyes:

As above, its just a temporary texture. Plock and its moon should be here soon. There is just some testing left to do to make sure they work in game. 

Below is a render of the two upcoming bodies if you're curious. They won't look exactly like this but you get the idea. 

GZZjekt.jpg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.