[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

3 hours ago, Olympic1 said:

Could you try this with only Kopernicus, OPM and MM? If it still happens, give us the player.log and MM cache (this can be helpfull to see if every config was loaded)

Player Log

MM Cache

I have only hyperedit a probe in tekto orbit, exit from game removed hyperedit and after i have do obital survey

I've been playing a pretty modded career mode lately (Mech Jeb, extraplanetary bases, KIS & KAS, Infernal Robotics) and I'd really like to throw in this one.  The problem is that I'm pretty far into my game already.  I'm still only sending ships to Duna, but the tech tree is nearing the last and 2nd last tiers.  If I install things now will the contracts get super confused because of all the new stuff?  Or will things be okay because none of my ships have passed Dres yet?

Edited by PTNLemay

18 minutes ago, PTNLemay said:

I've been playing a pretty modded career mode lately (Mech Jeb, insane robotics, extraplanetary bases, KIS & KAS, Infernal Robotics) and I'd really like to throw in this one.  The problem is that I'm pretty far into my game already.  I'm still only sending ships to Duna, but the tech tree is nearing the last and 2nd last tiers.  If I install things now will the contracts get super confused because of all the new stuff?  Or will things be okay because none of my ships have passed Dres yet?

You'll be just fine! The only stock planet affected by OPM is Eeloo, so if you haven't been past Dres you'll be okay. Even if you've already been to Eeloo you'll still be fine, though everything on Eeloo will be moved with the planet.

I must warn you though that not every mod is compatible with Kopernicus. I advice making a backup of your savefile before installing this mod.

18 minutes ago, PTNLemay said:

@The White Guardian

Cool.  I see the mod is on the CKAN.  That should minimize inter-mod incompatibility, right?

Whether or not a mod has been indexed in CKAN does not affect incompatibility. CKAN-loaded or not, mods will still work the same, and thus the same imcompatibilities will appear, CKAN or not.

I found a slight bug while downloading through CKAN.  It recommended Kopernicus (as a prerequisite)  as well as SigmaBinary and TransferWindowPlanner (as non-mandatroy bonus stuff).  I said yes to those and no to all of the NearFuture stuff, but it gave me this error when it got to actually downloading OPM.

pEA21Bl.png

I'll try again manually using the links in the first post.

Edited by PTNLemay

4 hours ago, PTNLemay said:

I found a slight bug while downloading through CKAN.  It recommended Kopernicus (as a prerequisite)  as well as SigmaBinary and TransferWindowPlanner (as non-mandatroy bonus stuff).  I said yes to those and no to all of the NearFuture stuff, but it gave me this error when it got to actually downloading OPM.

pEA21Bl.png

I'll try again manually using the links in the first post.

KerbalStuff is having issues for some time now today, so CKAN can't download anything from KS.

5 hours ago, Errol said:

Is opm compatible with any of the star system mods that change kerbol to a black hole and then remake the solar system around it with a hand full of other stars and their own planets? 

No because that mod renames the sun which causes the OPM planets appearing at the wrong location or not at all. Also it is not updated with the latest Kopernicus version so it probably won't even load. (haven't tested it)

1 hour ago, Olympic1 said:
6 hours ago, Errol said:

Is opm compatible with any of the star system mods that change kerbol to a black hole and then remake the solar system around it with a hand full of other stars and their own planets? 

No because that mod renames the sun which causes the OPM planets appearing at the wrong location or not at all. Also it is not updated with the latest Kopernicus version so it probably won't even load. (haven't tested it)

It should be compatible with GN :)

GN itself is not listed officially as updated to 1.0.5 but many have reported it working fine with just a couple of weird but non game breaking bugs

Edited by Sigma88

CKAN doesn't work because the owner of KerbalStuff took its site down for several personal reasons.

The OP now reflects this, with for the moment Curseforge being the only mirror.

A final salute to the great KerbalStuff! The home of OPM from the very first moment and at last count having provided 128,756 total downloads of the various versions of the mod. I will miss you.

Hi CaptRobau.

Firstly, I'd like to congratulate you on a truly awesome mod which has added to my enjoyment of KSP immensely.

The first time you get to Sarnus and see the rings reminds me so much of the first time I saw Saturn through a telescope in real life. Amazing.

I'm playing a very extensive (130 flights in progress, year 4 day 338) game in version 0.90, and you've added some moons of Neidon and Plock since I downloaded OPM.

I've not got to either yet and I'd really like to add them to this game. Earlier in the thread you've mentioned that this might be OK.

I'm hoping that I can drop the relevant files into my game and add these.

I'm running OPM 1.6.5. Which version should I get the extra files from? Is there anything I need to be careful of in terms of compatibility etc.?

17 hours ago, cosimas said:

Hi CaptRobau.

Firstly, I'd like to congratulate you on a truly awesome mod which has added to my enjoyment of KSP immensely.

The first time you get to Sarnus and see the rings reminds me so much of the first time I saw Saturn through a telescope in real life. Amazing.

I'm playing a very extensive (130 flights in progress, year 4 day 338) game in version 0.90, and you've added some moons of Neidon and Plock since I downloaded OPM.

I've not got to either yet and I'd really like to add them to this game. Earlier in the thread you've mentioned that this might be OK.

I'm hoping that I can drop the relevant files into my game and add these.

I'm running OPM 1.6.5. Which version should I get the extra files from? Is there anything I need to be careful of in terms of compatibility etc.?

Just delete the old version and install the new one. It shouldn't break anything.

Hi Augustus,

Unfortunately that did not work.

Until I replaced the new module manager version (2.6.17) with the old one (2.5.13), the game would not load at all.

Having replaced it the saved game loaded, but it has reset the clock to year 1 day 1, wiped out all but 7 ships (all of which are at or inside the orbit of Duna) and reset the solar system back to default (no OPs).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've tried simply dropping the NeidonMoons and PlockMoons folders from the 1.9.2 version of OPM into the GameData/OPM/KopernicusConfigs folder of my game.... and got exactly the same results as above.

[edit: starting a new game in this setup also results in no OPs]

Edited by cosimas
additional info

On 2/18/2016 at 9:16 AM, _Augustus_ said:

CaptRobau, can you reupload the mod to spacedock.info? It's the successor to Kerbalstuff.

+1 to this!  Would love to see Outer Planets on SpaceDock... it's the best way I have of getting notified when new versions come out.

Just wanted to say thanks for this wonderful mod.  And to @Sigma88 for a few extra features of note I've used in other adventures.  

Took this shot today.  I really felt awed by the spectale, almost as if I was in the Kerbal's boots.  Almost.  I mean, this particular Kerbal is a Glycerol junkie stepping outside for a quick hit and there's even worse madness inside the ship, but at least we agree on the grandeur of the view :)

SE-2 COPROPLITE with Midi En Route from Eeloo to Tekto

@CaptRobau So I started up GIMP this morning because I wanted to draw something, and I ended up importing OPM's textures, namely Tekto, Slate and Sarnus' surface textures, Sarnus' ringtexture and the cloud texture I made for Tekto, and I got to work.

The result...

8k9b3Y9.png

(As for why there is a watermark in the bottom-left corner, that was done to prevent theft.)

Also, here is the description of the image, copy-N-pasted from Imgur:

"A drawing made in GIMP featuring Sarnus, Slate and Tekto from the Outer Planets Mod for KSP. Credit for the Outer Planets Mod goes to the developers of the mod, users CaptRobau and Eudae55 on the Kerbal Space Program Forums."

As you can see, I have given proper credit.

Edited by The White Guardian

1 hour ago, The White Guardian said:

@CaptRobau So I started up GIMP this morning because I wanted to draw something, and I ended up importing OPM's textures, namely Tekto, Slate and Sarnus' surface textures, Sarnus' ringtexture and the cloud texture I made for Tekto, and I got to work.

The result...

8k9b3Y9.png

(As for why there is a watermark in the bottom-left corner, that was done to prevent theft.)

Also, here is the description of the image, copy-N-pasted from Imgur:

"A drawing made in GIMP featuring Sarnus, Slate and Tekto from the Outer Planets Mod for KSP. Credit for the Outer Planets Mod goes to the developers of the mod, users CaptRobau and Eudae55 on the Kerbal Space Program Forums."

As you can see, I have given proper credit.

Rings look a bit odd, but otherwise awesome! I like the super thin atmosphere Slate has.

14 minutes ago, _Augustus_ said:

Rings look a bit odd, but otherwise awesome! I like the super thin atmosphere Slate has.

I'm still learning to draw rings, and getting them to fade a bit in Sarnus' shadow is one hell of a job. As for Slate's atmosphere, I thought that that glow/scatter effect would make Slate look a bit more magical.

2 hours ago, miromed said:

Hi, I found a bug. In the settings Urlum.cfg and Sarnus.cfg OPM\KopernicusConfigs\OuterPlanets\Configs in a way to textures is .dds.  Good luck

The filepaths are supposed to end with the filetype, for instance '.dds'

This is to enable Kopernicus' OnDemandLoading for memory optimisations.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.