[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

13 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

В Пути к файлам которые предполагается закончить с типом файла, например '.dds'

Это должно позволить OnDemandLoading Kopernicus 'для оптимизаций памяти.

The goal is good, only the texture is not visible because of this

1 hour ago, miromed said:

The goal is good, only the texture is not visible because of this

Erm... why does my quote look like this in your quote?

В Пути к файлам которые предполагается закончить с типом файла, например '.dds'

Это должно позволить OnDemandLoading Kopernicus 'для оптимизаций памяти.

On 29/2/2016 at 8:13 PM, The White Guardian said:

The filepaths are supposed to end with the filetype, for instance '.dds'

This is to enable Kopernicus' OnDemandLoading for memory optimisations.

I don't know what is going on, but I had to remove the ".dds" of several texture paths to see them in game. My Neidon and Urlum were white, and Sarnus had only one color. By removing the extensions in the config files, I could finally see them as the screenshots suggest.

10 hours ago, Dexter9313 said:

I don't know what is going on, but I had to remove the ".dds" of several texture paths to see them in game. My Neidon and Urlum were white, and Sarnus had only one color. By removing the extensions in the config files, I could finally see them as the screenshots suggest.

That's really, really strange. I honestly don't have an explanation for that. Perhaps it's something @CaptRobau should look into, or @Thomas P. if it's a Kopernicus bug. By the looks of things, I'd say a Kopernicus bug, unless the textures in your OPM folder were not in .dds. Could you check if the textures that weren't showing up were in .dds format please?

3 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

That's really, really strange. I honestly don't have an explanation for that. Perhaps it's something @CaptRobau should look into, or @Thomas P. if it's a Kopernicus bug. By the looks of things, I'd say a Kopernicus bug, unless the textures in your OPM folder were not in .dds. Could you check if the textures that weren't showing up were in .dds format please?

They all are in .dds in GameData/OPM/KopernicusConfigs/OuterPlanets/PluginData . (The textures that didn't show up were Neidon_color.dds, Urlum_color.dds and Sarnus_color.dds, but there could be more that I didn't notice, I'm not used to what the planets are Really supposed to look like.)

I'm really enjoying this mod.  Thanks muchos.

I have found a couple issues with the anomolies not being on the surface, however.  I'm using high terrain detail, but I don't think that makes a difference here because the altitude errors are so big.

SPOILER ALERT

Spoiler

Slate:  anomaly is about 1.5-2km above the ground.
Priax:  anomaly not on ground surface.  I have no idea where it is--can't see it above or below ground.

On 3/3/2016 at 3:07 PM, Dexter9313 said:

They all are in .dds in GameData/OPM/KopernicusConfigs/OuterPlanets/PluginData . (The textures that didn't show up were Neidon_color.dds, Urlum_color.dds and Sarnus_color.dds, but there could be more that I didn't notice, I'm not used to what the planets are Really supposed to look like.)

That's weird. Do you have an unusual OS perhaps, Linux or OSX?

On 3/3/2016 at 4:19 PM, Geschosskopf said:

I'm really enjoying this mod.  Thanks muchos.

I have found a couple issues with the anomolies not being on the surface, however.  I'm using high terrain detail, but I don't think that makes a difference here because the altitude errors are so big.

SPOILER ALERT

Hide contents

Slate:  anomaly is about 1.5-2km above the ground.
Priax:  anomaly not on ground surface.  I have no idea where it is--can't see it above or below ground.

Those are the anomalies from the bodies on which these bodies were based (Tylo and Bop I think), as Kopernicus works best when you use an existing body as a template. Never got around to removing them, but incidentally in the next update I was planning on removing those. Further down the road I might add my own anomalies. There are a few easter eggs, but they're not models like the anomalies.

9 hours ago, daniel l. said:

Any plans for scatterer support?

Not at this time, as my PC lags like a b*tch with Scatterer on, so I'm not looking forward to working on testing support for that mod. If anyone else wants to have a go at it, I'll be happy to incorporate it into the mod or feature it in the Mods for OPM list of the OP.

3 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

I am indeed using Linux, but it shouldn't matter as far as I know (I don't think Windows allows file referencing without extension either, so that's a plugin problem and not a system problem I guess). So yeah, I should post this in the Kopernicus thread because it looks to me that it's a bug about the way Kopernicus loads files. It's just that I had a problem with your mod in particular so I posted here first. Anyway, keep up the good work, your mod is great, I love it !

8 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

Those are the anomalies from the bodies on which these bodies were based (Tylo and Bop I think), as Kopernicus works best when you use an existing body as a template. Never got around to removing them, but incidentally in the next update I was planning on removing those. Further down the road I might add my own anomalies. There are a few easter eggs, but they're not models like the anomalies.

Well, please don't remove the anomaly on Orvok.  It's perfectly placed. 

SPOILER ALERT

Spoiler

And seriously,you might as well leave the one on Slate and just adjust it's altitude to Slate's surface.  @Sigma88 knows how.  The stock version on Tylo is currently far underground so nobody ever sees it.  If Squad ever fixes Tylo, then maybe delete it :)

1 hour ago, Geschosskopf said:

SPOILER ALERT

Reveal hidden contents

And seriously,you might as well leave the one on Slate and just adjust it's altitude to Slate's surface.  @Sigma88 knows how.  The stock version on Tylo is currently far underground so nobody ever sees it.  If Squad ever fixes Tylo, then maybe delete it :)

sadly the only way available right now to move those things cannot be saved in a mod like OPM, so the "trick" can be used for series like yours but it's not something that can be edited with kopernicus just yet :)

17 hours ago, Geschosskopf said:

SPOILER ALERT

Hide contents

Ha, I didn't even know that was there. I'll leave it then!

On 3/5/2016 at 8:04 AM, CaptRobau said:

Just a quick stab in the dark here, but in many cases where people create content on Windows that can be used on Unix systems the errors come from the fact that while Win isn't case sensitive, Unix is. So, if a file is named Sarnus_color.dds one place and Sarnus_Color.dds in a different place, it'll work on Windows but not in MacOS/Linux. Would be a good easy place to start IMO.

On 21 December 2014 at 4:58 PM, CaptRobau said:

Thanks. I'll see what I can come up with.

I'll probably add clouds and other visual improvements in the future, but for now I'm focusing on getting the gameplay impacting stuff (science multipliers, etc.) up to a decent standard before I start with fluff.

It's on the planned features list, but I don't know an ETA. It's not an easy or quick task.

It so cool

On 7/3/2016 at 3:47 AM, Waxing_Kibbous said:

Just a quick stab in the dark here, but in many cases where people create content on Windows that can be used on Unix systems the errors come from the fact that while Win isn't case sensitive, Unix is. So, if a file is named Sarnus_color.dds one place and Sarnus_Color.dds in a different place, it'll work on Windows but not in MacOS/Linux. Would be a good easy place to start IMO.

It can't be that because my fix only involved adding the file extension and not changing the file names.

I have a problem I use mac and When i opened outer planets only Sarnus Urlum and Neidon were there. eelo was at its rightful place in OPM. But, them and their rings had no texture how do i fix this BTW

i have mac

Edited by Plutonium

15 hours ago, Dexter9313 said:

It can't be that because my fix only involved adding the file extension and not changing the file names.

Without  extension you get that error in player.log ?

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[OD] ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Slate_height.dds of path OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Slate_height.dds, autoload = True

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

[OD] Map OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Slate_height.dds enabling self. Path = OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Slate_height.dds

Cannot find preset 'High' for pqs 'Slate'

[OD] Map OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Slate_color.dds enabling self. Path = OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Slate_color.dds

[OD] Enabling Body Slate: True

Kerbin: Resetting

Unpacking Kerbin Mapsat

HighlighterOff.OffRails(): Enabling Highlight

Packing Kerbin Mapsat for orbit

[Kopernicus]: New object found near Kerbin: Ast. VKK-898!

[Kopernicus]: No new objects this time. (Probablility is 50%)

[Kopernicus]: New object found near Kerbin: Ast. PYN-194!

[Kopernicus]: New object found near Kerbin: Ast. XMY-075!

[Kopernicus]: New object found near Kerbin: Ast. SWZ-142!

[Kopernicus]: New object found near Kerbin: Ast. LMS-208!

Unpacking Kerbin Mapsat

HighlighterOff.OffRails(): Enabling Highlight

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Kerbin Mapsat

Trajectories: attaching camera listener

Trajectories: Initializing aerodynamic model...

[PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Kerbin Mapsat

[OD] map OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Slate_color.dds disabling self. Path = OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Slate_color.dds

[OD] map OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Slate_height.dds disabling self. Path = OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Slate_height.dds

[OD] Disabling Body Slate: False

[OD] ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Slate_height.dds of path OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Slate_height.dds, autoload = True

21 hours ago, Dexter9313 said:

could you pastebin the content of the kopernicus.log file you can find in *KSPFolder*\Logs\

?

Question: (Sorry if it has already been answered)

When installing this mod, will I need a new save?

Also, will it mess with my Karborundum base on Eeloo?

Or will it all just get moved further away? Gotta say though, whatever the case, it looks like it would be worth the trouble.

Thanks in advance, looking forward to using it.

Edited by Shawarmakriger

It should be fine. Eeloo will be moved to Sarnus as will your base, but that's probably the biggest change you'll notice in your game. Make a backup of your save just in case, load up the mod and see how it works out. If you notice nothing unusual, keep on playing. Have fun!

Don't know, maybe you should write to the PM, but I think it's not the first time someone has faced this.
Honestly, I don't know what it is - I simply missing the textures of the planets! It looks like a... like a wheat field, lol.
Could this be due to the fact that I use a mod 64K and OPM for the configuration of 10x? The fact that such a terrible species arise only when viewed from orbit, on the surface, everything is fine.
Is there any way to solve this problem? It is impossible to play, constantly seeing such horror...

And Yes, sorry for my curve English :)
Your mod is just gorgeous, I'm serious :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.