[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

1 minute ago, GregroxMun said:

As KillAshley said, wait until 1.1 is released first. Secondly, Kopernicus is the prerequisite mod. It's what needs to be updated first, before OPM or anything else. Kopernicus 1.1 update will probably not change configs though, so we can expect that as soon as updated Kopernicus comes out, all Kopernicus packs will be 1.1 compatible. Only time can tell though.

ah, finally a helpful post.

thanks for the answer

21 hours ago, Table said:

SO, when do you think will be compatible with 1.1?

Currently, the only thing available to the public is a pre-release, not a release itself. @KasperVld underlined that the 1.1 pre-release is for testing purposes only, actually playing it should be avoided since it is not yet entirely stable, so don't expect to play OPM on the pre-release.

Also, unless Squad changes the PQS-system (which I highly doubt they would do, it would mean remaking all stock planets from scratch), OPM will likely work on 1.1 the moment Kopernicus gets an upgrade for 1.1, and if I remember correctly the Kopernicus devs are already working on that, so I think it's safe to say you won't have to wait long for 1.1 compatibility after 1.1 releases.

21 hours ago, Table said:

i meant 1.1 prerelease, or whatever

** removed moderated text **

Please avoid using such language, there is no need to go angry. Thank you.

Edited by Val
Removed inappropriate language

15 minutes ago, The White Guardian said:

Currently, the only thing available to the public is a pre-release, not a release itself. @KasperVld underlined that the 1.1 pre-release is for testing purposes only, actually playing it should be avoided since it is not yet entirely stable, so don't expect to play OPM on the pre-release.

Also, unless Squad changes the PQS-system (which I highly doubt they would do, it would mean remaking all stock planets from scratch), OPM will likely work on 1.1 the moment Kopernicus gets an upgrade for 1.1, and if I remember correctly the Kopernicus devs are already working on that, so I think it's safe to say you won't have to wait long for 1.1 compatibility after 1.1 releases.

Please avoid using such language, there is no need to go angry. Thank you.

oh thanks

and no i will not stop using that language, we're in the 21st century bro.

thank you :)

1.1 support will come when the Kopernicus for 1.1 is released, which will only be after 1.1 is fully released. Kopernicus needs stability not bugs and bugs, so I support its creator's decision to no release a version of 1.1 pre-release.

@Warzouz; thanks!

18 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

1.1 support will come when the Kopernicus for 1.1 is released, which will only be after 1.1 is fully released. Kopernicus needs stability not bugs and bugs, so I support its creator's decision to no release a version of 1.1 pre-release.

@Warzouz; thanks!

And BTW @CaptRobau, beside 1.1, what are your plans for OPM in the near futur ?

EDIT other question :

Does OPM handle Kerbal experience ?

Edited by Warzouz

No special Kerbal Experience support. I'm assuming it's a mod. What does it need to be supported?

About future updates:

• The next update is all about revamping the planets and moons that have been added so far. Improved and more unique terrain (procedural craters, etc.), improved use of ground scatter and terrain textures. The goal is to make it feel like new and push everything to Kerbin/Mun like quality. It's a been a long and tough path to do all this, but I'm learning more and more about the intricacies of Kopernicus/KSP's complicated terrain system.
  • The update after that I'm planning to do a biome revamp. A lot more can be done with the biome system, more than stock does and I plan to showcase that in this episode.

After that I don't know.

Going on holiday for three week starting next Monday though, so won't be able to finish the update before that. If a stable 1.1/Kopernicus comes out, someone will no doubt be able to write a patch to make 1.9.2 for it if that is at all needed.

15 hours ago, Scientia1423 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

plant niine was discovered now so pls pls pls addd dis plant!

I think I'll wait for data from the telescopes and observatories before asking for planet 9.

well P9 is still a hypothetical body currently, while there is small evidence in the orbits of bodies far out that lean to the notion that it could exist, it is still unproven and speculatory currently. :P

1 hour ago, KillAshley said:

well P9 is still a hypothetical body currently, while there is small evidence in the orbits of bodies far out that lean to the notion that it could exist, it is still unproven and speculatory currently. :P

True, true. At least I can send it into the Sun in Universe sandbox. :D 

3 hours ago, KillAshley said:

You are right, but it's still cool.

Edited by _Augustus_

So apparently EVE has bugs with Kopernicus which causes planet textures to get cut off on hemisphere lines. So that kills most of the visual addons for me...

Anyone have a Kopernicus/OPM compatible visual mod /not/ using EVE?

On 10/04/2016 at 10:22 PM, ibanix said:

So apparently EVE has bugs with Kopernicus which causes planet textures to get cut off on hemisphere lines. So that kills most of the visual addons for me...

Anyone have a Kopernicus/OPM compatible visual mod /not/ using EVE?

this bug has also been reported on installs without kopernicus, so it's likely theres something more going on. However if you want a visual pack that only uses Kopernicus, I might have something for you

8 hours ago, Astronaut #1 said:

Can you fix your texture probloms

If you are trying to ask something, its better to be specific and not demanding. If there are some sort of texture issues, then perhaps stating what they are would help more than simply demanding them fixed. Attitudes such as yours aren't appreciated, no matter the thread.

26 minutes ago, Astronaut #1 said:

im sry.:(;.; ill never do it again but the problem was when i made custom planets they appeared white and without textures. So if you know how to fix that pleas let me know.

Is this an issue with OPM planets? or with planets you are making? if its OPM then try re-installing the mod, if its your own custom planets then post your cfgs and Logs/ folder along with the issues in the Kopernicus thread rather than this one.

ok i have 2 planets that have the prolbom of no textures. this is the first one. (the textures for both planets are in the Tetxures folder in Kopernicus folder fyi.)

Spoiler

@Kopernicus
{
    Body
    {
        name = Monzol
        flightGlobalsIndex = 100
        Template
        {
            name = Tylo
        }
        Properties
        {
            radius = 5640000
            geeASL = 0.6
            mass = 3.2332635e+22
            description = Monzol. This planet has inspired scientists for many many years. It's surface may have vasy areas made of emralds and lapis. More research is needed.
            ScienceValues
            {
                landedDataValue = 100
                splashedDataValue = 93
                flyingLowDataValue = 50
                flyingHighDataValue = 45
                inSpaceLowDataValue = 40
                inSpaceHighDataValue = 30
                recoveryValue = 5
            }
        }
        Orbit
        {
            referenceBody = Sun
            inclination = 0.3
            eccentricity = 0
            semiMajorAxis = 53423466455
            longitudeOfAscendingNode = 0
            argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
            meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
            epoch = 0
            color = 0,1,0,1
        }
        ScaledVersion
        {
            Material
            {    
                texture = Kopernicus/Textures/Monzol_color
                normals = Kopernicus/Textures/Monzol_normal
         }
      }
   }
}

that is the first one. here is the config for the second one.

@Kopernicus
{
    Body
    {
        name = Cunivi
        flightGlobalsIndex = 12345    
        Template
        {
            name = Jool                  
        }
        Properties
        {
            radius = 6000000                                  
            geeASL = 0.8                                       
            mass = 4.2332635e+24                      
            description = This Planet is extremly hard to reach. It is basicly impossible to reach. Good luck my friend.    
            ScienceValues                                      
            {
                landedDataValue = 200
                splashedDataValue = 0
                flyingLowDataValue = 100
                flyingHighDataValue = 80
                inSpaceLowDataValue = 40
                inSpaceHighDataValue = 30
                recoveryValue = 5
            }
        }
        Orbit
        {
            referenceBody = Sun     
            inclination = 0.3         
            eccentricity = 0.05            
            semiMajorAxis = 532161749218
            longitudeOfAscendingNode = 0
            argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
            meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 0
            epoch = 0
            color = 1,1,1,1  
        }
        ScaledVersion
        {
            Material
            {    
                texture = Kopernicus/Textures/Cunivi_color    
          }
      }
   }

If you know how to fix these codes to make the planets have color pls let me know. either way thx

(Pls know kittipoia tech does not work for me)

Edited by Red Iron Crown
Spoilered long cfg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.