[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

30 minutes ago, Astronaut #1 said:

things

i believe you missed it when i said this:

7 hours ago, KillAshley said:

if its your own custom planets then post your cfgs and Logs/ folder along with the issues in the Kopernicus thread rather than this one.

this is the thread for OPM, please don't post about other packs/personal projects in here out of respect for @CaptRobau. like i said, try asking in the Kopernicus thread.

Hmm... I was thinking...
Dangerous! I know, right! :sticktongue:

Does Kopernicus/KSP currently support the option to:
A: Change the color of a celestial bodies' orbit spline on the fly, from a changeable variable, vs a fixed config file state?
B: Either toggle orbit splines on and off, or select a near invisible color (like black)?

I know telescope mods exist. I presume it ought to be possible to also do progressive "unlocks" based on game progress. What if these larger dwarf planets (which are still planets... :P just dwarf sized, Mr Tyson... :mad: A Mr Kyson Kerman could be an interesting character for flavor text in small world descriptions) that lie beyond the orbit of Pluto got Kerbalized equivalents in OPM? If it's possible to toggle/make nearly invisible orbit splines, then I'd say to make a mechanism to progressively "discover" them, either by gameplay progression (say you've gotten orbital data from X, Y's orbit spline becomes "unlocked"). Maybe support could even be added for some of the telescope mods. I don't know how limited or capable KSP and Kopernicus are, in terms of "discovery", but if the feature exists to "hide" planets, I say take advantage of it for a "hard" gameplay mode.

Even if such things are not supported, I still strongly support adding support for the multitude of dwarf planets that got cheated from being added to the nine by some eggheads. :wink:

18 hours ago, Coeus said:

Just a small question; I was wondering which moon(s) was/were the inspiration for slate. Or is it a product of imagination? I kinda want to know now.

Search google images for ancient mars. The ones with black sutty plains were my inspiration. the original concept for Slate was a once live able world, so ancient mars was the inspiration

On 17 april 2016 at 5:22 PM, majestique said:

Hello, @CaptRobau. Are you planning to add a very thin atmosphere to "Plock", as Pluto has a very thin atmosphere?

No, because Thatmo is already a moon with a super thin atmosphere. Its inspiration Triton has almost twice the atmospheric pressure of Pluto. Even then I had to make it thicker to make it have a effect on gameplay. 

I would just like to chime in and say that this is one of the most well-made mods for KSP, planet pack or otherwise. My sincere congratulations!

Unfortunately after the 1.1 update my solar system reverted back to its "stock" form. Is OPM compatible with 1.1, or am I doing something wrong?

48 minutes ago, mixalios said:

I would just like to chime in and say that this is one of the most well-made mods for KSP, planet pack or otherwise. My sincere congratulations!

Unfortunately after the 1.1 update my solar system reverted back to its "stock" form. Is OPM compatible with 1.1, or am I doing something wrong?

No you did nothing wrong, I think until Kopernicus is compatible with 1.1, OPM will wait.

I have read that @Proot is waiting for Kopernicus for 1.1 too.

These mods are in the "unplayable without" list now ^^

7 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

Search google images for ancient mars. The ones with black sutty plains were my inspiration. the original concept for Slate was a once live able world, so ancient mars was the inspiration.

Ah, I see now, cool!

3 hours ago, iDInkeD06 said:

No you did nothing wrong, I think until Kopernicus is compatible with 1.1, OPM will wait.

I have read that @Proot is waiting for Kopernicus for 1.1 too.

These mods are in the "unplayable without" list now ^^

Ah I see, thanks for the heads up :) I guess all we can do now is wait patiently.

2 hours ago, mixalios said:

Ah I see, thanks for the heads up :) I guess all we can do now is wait patiently.

Welllllllll not anymore! Kopernicus 1.1 release is out!

Praise Yeezus

Edited by frencrs

4 hours ago, frencrs said:

Welllllllll not anymore! Kopernicus 1.1 release is out!

Praise Yeezus

3 hours ago, frencrs said:

OuterPlanets, working for me in 1.1 with the new Kopernicus. Going to test it out more!

Whoa, that was quick! And OPM works already? This just keeps getting better and better.

25 minutes ago, Warzouz said:

I'm waiting for an official release of OPM. Can I start stock THEN add OPM or do you recommend I wait before starting a new career ?

I THINK you can start a career without it and add it then. 

But, I think it will be in a day or two, if the actual release works already fine with 1.1 (Or is there any major change planned ?)

52 minutes ago, Warzouz said:

I'm waiting for an official release of OPM. Can I start stock THEN add OPM or do you recommend I wait before starting a new career ?

you should be fine honestly, the only thing that might get messed up is Eeloo related stuff, since OPM moves the planet to orbit sarnus

of course there's always a chance that something goes wrong, so keep that in mind :)

Edited by Sigma88

23 hours ago, mixalios said:

Are you certain you've installed a version of Kopernicus that is compatible with 1.1? It should work just fine.

7 hours ago, SwegAstronaut2853 said:

Awesome job! I am aware that Kopernicus was just released for 1.1. Any 1.1 release date for OPM? Thanks and keep up the great work!

OPM should work fine in 1.1 as long as you've got a version of Kopernicus for 1.1

5 hours ago, Warzouz said:

Being careful is always a good thing, and always make backups of saves in case something goes wrong. OPM should already be compatible with 1.1 though, Kopernicus' upgrade to 1.1 may have altered some stuff under the hood, but configs still work the same way.

ALRIGHT EVERYONE, IMPORTANT INFO HERE!

Yes, 1.1 got released, but although Kopernicus has changed a bit to be compatible with 1.1, it isn't as if configs suddenly need to be rewritten. Although you should always make backups of save files, OPM should work just fine in 1.1 as long as you're using Kopernicus for 1.1. Kopernicus is in charge of making the pack load properly, OPM's configs only tell Kopernicus what, how, and where to load everything up.

Another thing all of you should know and remember is that asking mod authors for updates is now against the forum rules, so if there is a problem with OPM in 1.1, please give @CaptRobau some breathing room so he can get to the bottom of it.

Edited by The White Guardian

I've had no problems getting OPM for 1.0.5 to work in my 1.1 install :)

Haven't had chance/reason/tech to visit any of the planets yet, but they're there in the tracking station, have textures, and sensible data.  I've even combined it with @KillAshley's Kerbol Plus and they're sitting side by side quite happily.

I suspect the only thing between the current OPM release and a [1.1] is that @CaptRobau wants to do a bit of testing for himself - which in my mind will involve landing on some of the bodies, and thus take a while. Meantime, just grab what's there and if there's a weird glitch when you get close to OPM's planets, one of us will find out and report it ^^

4 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

Are you certain you've installed a version of Kopernicus that is compatible with 1.1? It should work just fine.

That was exactly the problem, I hadn't updated Kopernicus for its 1.1 release. OPM's beautiful planets show up just fine now. Thanks! :) 

I see eddiew has already tested it with Kerbol Plus, so hypothetically Transkeptunian also works alongside OPM in 1.1, as it did back in 1.0.5. Gonna try the combination soon. Backing up saves just in case!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.