[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

23 minutes ago, jpinard said:

I was wondering if it even needed updating?  Is it not working right with sigma binary?

Right now OPM bundles a template.cfg file that requires SigmaBinary v1.4.0

You will need to wait for an OPM update in order to install it together with SB

The good news is, now SB doesn't rely on a template.cfg like the old version, so once OPM will switch to the new setup, any future sb release won't break compatibility :wink:

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

now SB doesn't rely on a template.cfg like the old version, so once OPM will switch to the new setup, any future sb release won't break compatibility

I think I'm reading too much into this, but would SB work just fine if one manually removes the provided template.cfg? Or would it just fail to do anything ....

Also a question for @CaptRobau

OPM can be installed perfectly fine onto a savegame with time already elapsed. In doing so, are the planet positions altered by said time elapsed? e.g. will the day 89 transfer window to Sarnus still occur on day 89 even if I've time warped the save to day 50?

EDIT: Doing some work recreating a new config for the plock-karen binary I answered my own question. Also cheers for making the plugin do all the calculations in 1.4.9+.

Edited by Captain Sierra

29 minutes ago, Captain Sierra said:

I think I'm reading too much into this, but would SB work just fine if one manually removes the provided template.cfg? Or would it just fail to do anything

if you remove the template.cfg SB will not throw any errors but at the same time will not make Plok-Karen a binary system

29 minutes ago, Captain Sierra said:

OPM can be installed perfectly fine onto a savegame with time already elapsed. In doing so, are the planet positions altered by said time elapsed? e.g. will the day 89 transfer window to Sarnus still occur on day 89 even if I've time warped the save to day 50?

there will be a certain level of risk in installing OPM on top of a current game, mainly because eeloo gets moved around. but generally speaking it should be safe to add the mod. (always back up your saves just in case)

the orbit of planets is calculated from the positions at "day 1 year 1" so it doesn't matter when you install the mod, at day X year Y the planet will always be in the position they are supposed to be at that date :)

17 hours ago, Hris said:

When does OPM get updated to deal with the changes made in Sigma Binary v1.4.9?

Once I get back from holiday I will have to look at it. Which happens soon. 

5 hours ago, AlexTheNotSoGreat said:

So, out of curiosity, since all the major bodies have been added to this mod, are there any plans for this moving forward (in terms of adding more things)?

First a massive terrain and then biome overhaul is planned. Expect  Kerbin/Mun level quality and above everywhere. This update is already in development. 

10 hours ago, popos1 said:

Hello,

I was see a bug: on version 1.0.5 in space center with OPM i was 90fps, in 1.1 without OPM the same, but with OPM i have 35fps, wtf?

popos1, that is a Kopernicus related issue, download the last release 1.0.2

Edited by Sando Mutt
adding link to Kopernicus issue

On 4/24/2016 at 9:30 AM, popos1 said:

Hello,

I was see a bug: on version 1.0.5 in space center with OPM i was 90fps, in 1.1 without OPM the same, but with OPM i have 35fps, wtf?

Did you use CKAN to install SVE?  If you idd, that is all borked up.  the CKAN people put old version files in there for no one knows why.  The general rule right now is don't use CKAN for SVE, nor EVE and I'm starting to think maybe not for anything as I've seen this problem a few times now where whoever managed it puts up an unstable alpha release, and because it's shown as 1.1 people think it's "finished".

Edited by jpinard

On 4/24/2016 at 8:08 PM, Noob21 said:

Anyone else getting this bug? Can it be fixed? Also I personally think the atmosphere of Thatmo would be more aesthetically pleasing if it were more purple or blue as opposed to red/orange.

*snip*

I've been getting this bug without OPM.

It's either EVE or Planetshine

I'm popping in to report a bug (not because I'm asking for support in playing this in 1.1, but simply to share the information in case it's useful). 

I had just started a new career and had done a couple of early missions to rake in some science. As the flight center scene was loading (it had successfully loaded a few times previously), I had a weird CTD with a memory access violation, running this under Kopernicus 1.0.2, 64-bit windows KSP. I also had the latest version of Sigma Binary installed. My log has a host of errors associated with OPM, which I wouldn't think is significant except for the fact that the CTD happened in the middle of these errors. Here's the relevant snippet from ksp.log:

Spoiler

[LOG 22:46:25.320] [OD] map OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds disabling self. Path = OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds
[LOG 22:46:25.320] [OD] ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds of path OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds, autoload = True
[LOG 22:46:25.333] [OD] Map OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds enabling self. Path = OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds
[LOG 22:46:25.684] [OD] map OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds disabling self. Path = OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds
[LOG 22:46:25.684] [OD] map OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds disabling self. Path = OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds
[LOG 22:46:25.722] [OD] ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds of path OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds, autoload = True
[LOG 22:46:25.733] [OD] Map OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds enabling self. Path = OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds
[LOG 22:46:32.224] [OD] map OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds disabling self. Path = OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds
[LOG 22:46:32.224] [OD] ERROR: getting pixelFloatD with unloaded map OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds of path OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds, autoload = True
[LOG 22:46:32.236] [OD] Map OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds enabling self. Path = OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds
[LOG 22:46:32.245] [OD] map OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds disabling self. Path = OPM/KopernicusConfigs/SarnusMoons/PluginData/Tekto_height.dds

Here are links to my logs:

error.log  output_log.txt  ksp.log  crash.dmp

I'm playing heavily modded, but this issue is spurious enough that going through and trying to recreate it under careful conditions is meh.

On 4/23/2016 at 6:23 AM, Hris said:

When does OPM get updated to deal with the changes made in Sigma Binary v1.4.9?

Its rather simple to make your own binary system for Plock and Karen, if you want just copy and paste this into a file called Plock-Karen.cfg, (the name doesn't really matter) and put it in the OPM folder in your GameData folder.

@Kopernicus:BEFORE[SigmaBinary]
{
	@Body[Karen]
	{
		SigmaBinary
		{
			name = Plock-Karen
			primaryLocked = true
			redrawOrbit = true
		}
	}
}

Hi, everyone! Back from a wonderful holiday. Still have some free days+weekend before I have to get back to work, etc. That means catching up on Game of Thrones, Rocket League's new basketball-themed mode and of course OPM. The release of KSP 1.1 doesn't cripple the latest OPM release but it's not ideal (SigmaBinary support doesn't work with that mod's new system). That's why I plan on releasing 1.9.5 somewhere this weekend. To make it a bit beefier, I've added some fixes and quality-of-life improvements originally planned for 2.0. Those are separate from the terrain overhaul theme of that update and could thus be easily pulled out of 2.0s workflow.

@Thomas P. and/or @KillAshley, I noticed some ScaledSpace related issues with some of my atmospheric planets. My gas giants and Thatmo have a very large spotlight on them coming from the sun. This is not the case with the stock atmospheric bodies and my own moon Tekto. Similarly, my moon Tal used to have a shine/specularity to it for a metallic look. This is no longer the case. Tekto meanwhile still has this (in this case it's not for a metallic look but for a Laythe-like wet look). Any of you know this issue?

1 hour ago, CaptRobau said:

Hi, everyone! Back from a wonderful holiday. Still have some free days+weekend before I have to get back to work, etc. That means catching up on Game of Thrones, Rocket League's new basketball-themed mode and of course OPM. The release of KSP 1.1 doesn't cripple the latest OPM release but it's not ideal (SigmaBinary support doesn't work with that mod's new system). That's why I plan on releasing 1.9.5 somewhere this weekend. To make it a bit beefier, I've added some fixes and quality-of-life improvements originally planned for 2.0. Those are separate from the terrain overhaul theme of that update and could thus be easily pulled out of 2.0s workflow.

@Thomas P. and/or @KillAshley, I noticed some ScaledSpace related issues with some of my atmospheric planets. My gas giants and Thatmo have a very large spotlight on them coming from the sun. This is not the case with the stock atmospheric bodies and my own moon Tekto. Similarly, my moon Tal used to have a shine/specularity to it for a metallic look. This is no longer the case. Tekto meanwhile still has this (in this case it's not for a metallic look but for a Laythe-like wet look). Any of you know this issue?

let me know if you need help with the new system :)

but it should be easier to set up than the old sigmabinary system

You'll need to tweak the shininess & specular values accordingly. The 1.1 update changed a lot about the shaders, even the scaledspace shaders got a good look over. As such a lot of things have changed...I can't give you a detailed explanation as of yet, but with a bit of experimenting you'll find the right balance :wink:

Its also worth nothing that NathanKell has mentioned that the shaders are going to be modified slightly for the upcoming 1.1.1 release which will probably make the planets/moons less bright/shiny again so it may be prudent to wait for that to happen also.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.