[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

3 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

I know it looks like a very pointless exercise of nitpicking, but back when SigmaBinary didn't have a dll it used to require the user to input the name of the reference body which in the majority of cases was the sun. I received a ton of bug reports from ppl that were using kerbol instead of sun in the name. And after a while that starts to get annoying :)

lol I never thought you were just whining, that actually makes sense in your case. You're uniquely affected by it, where people like me just dgaf :)

[EDIT] Wow, I feel like a complete idiot. I didn't realize that I would have to manually unsub from the betas in order to get updates. Everything is working perfectly, now.

Is this mod compatible with KSP V1.1.0.1228 (64), pre-release?

I have the unzipped contents from the downloads in an OPM folder from the most recent Outer Planets release and a Kopernicus folder (I went back to 1.0.3) sitting in my steamapps>common>Kerbal Space Program>GameData folder. The other two mods that I have in there are working correctly. However, I see no effects at all from OPM (or Kopernicus, though I don't necessarily expect any from that mod).

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!

Edited by iamihop

Plans for a Thatmo SSTO are currently being drawn up! I plan to get to there (and maybe Nissee) and back without and refueling or mining in a similar fashion to how to went to Tekto and back ages ago in an SSTO. Will the terrain changes to Thatmo in the next update still allow for low, flat areas for landing horizontally? :)

Hey everyone, long-time lurker who's been silently enjoying this incredible mod. I'm here because I have an issue, but first I'd just like to thank the devs of this mod for some awesome extended playability in the game. You're the best!

So for some mysterious reason the moons Hale and Ovok have completely disappeared from Sarnus, and indeed, the game entirely. All the other moons/planets are just fine, with textures working and everything.

Yesterday I recently finished my first manned mission to Hale, which was my first manned mission to any of the outer planets (I also had a satellite around Plock). I planted a flag on Hale and returned to Kerbin, no problems. Today, however, I got a notice of my first accomplishment to orbit Polta. Interestingly, my Plock satellite was moved to orbit Polta, my flag planted on Hale was moved to Slate, and both Hale and Ovok are nowhere to be found.

It might be worth mentioning that just prior to this problem, I had been experimenting removing mods to prevent some crashes I've been getting, and before the disappearance of these moons I removed EVE, PlanetShine, Texture Replacer, and BoulderCo.

I tried completely removing OPM from my GameData, as well as Kopernicus, and fresh-installing both of them. Still no luck, Hale and Ovok were missing. Thinking it might be a mod confliction, I removed all mods from my GameData folder except the fresh downloads of OPM and Kopernicus. When I started up the game, I even began a completely new save, and oddly enough, still no Hale and Ovok.

Here are the mods I'm currently using:

BetterTimeWarp, Chatterer, Crowd Sourced Science, DistantObject, KAS, KIS, Kopernicus, MechJeb2, OPM, PlanetShine, TextureReplacer, ZZZ_Flags

What has me stumped, is that I removed all mods except new, clean installs of Kopernicus and OPM, and even began a new save file, and I was still having the problem. It's not a game-breaking problem by any means, but I especially liked that view from Hale, so I'd definitely like to see it return!

Does anyone have ideas? I've run out of troubleshooting options. Sorry to bother, and thanks for the help in advance

@InfinityBound721 That should really not happen. Your KSP is 1.1.2, OPM is 1.9.5 and Kopernicus is 1.0.3 or 1.0.4? If any of those are not the same that might be the issue. Otherwise I can't really help you, you see. I'm relatively close to releasing a new version of OPM. Solving old bugs is not really a priority, since all the fixing might just be useless in a week or so. I hope you understand. I'm glad you like this mod though.

3 hours ago, Diddly Feelerino said:

Question - does anybody know what sort of lander is needed for a Tekto landing?

I was wondering if my Heavy Duna Lander would be up to the task, but am unsure of the risk =/

A parachute will do for the way down and any decent engine/tank setup will suffice for the way up. It has a thicker atmosphere, but low gravity so it's like a very easy version of Eve. That Heavy Duna Lander should do it. The thicker atmo is countered by the lower gravity.

@CaptRobau I totally understand; thanks for the response, it's much appreciated. Yeah, my versions of KSP, OPM and Kopernicus are up to date, so I guess I'll just keep troubleshooting and messing around. With any luck, when you release the next version of OPM the issue might resolve itself. In the meantime I still have all the other moons to visit, of course. Thanks again for the great work!

3 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

@InfinityBound721 That should really not happen. Your KSP is 1.1.2, OPM is 1.9.5 and Kopernicus is 1.0.3 or 1.0.4? If any of those are not the same that might be the issue. Otherwise I can't really help you, you see. I'm relatively close to releasing a new version of OPM. Solving old bugs is not really a priority, since all the fixing might just be useless in a week or so. I hope you understand. I'm glad you like this mod though.

A parachute will do for the way down and any decent engine/tank setup will suffice for the way up. It has a thicker atmosphere, but low gravity so it's like a very easy version of Eve. That Heavy Duna Lander should do it. The thicker atmo is countered by the lower gravity.

This is my Duna Lander - Delta-V of 3600m/s roughly. That enough?

screenshot260.png

If i were you @infinitybound721, I would check the integrity of your KSP install, redownload the correct versions of Copernicus and OPM and basically do a fresh install. It's a hassle, but I can't help but wonder if drawing things around didn't have you accidentally drag something literally where it didn't belong. I know I've done it before. Sometimes things break... You try to fix it, but when repair fails, get a new one! :sticktongue:

@richfiles Gotcha, thanks, I'll probably do that. Maybe I did put something where it didn't belong. But hypothetically, completely reinstalling KSP (after backing up saves of course) and cleanly adding the mods *should* fix the issue. There's no reason it should still persist after that. I mean, if that doesn't fix it, I might be looking at a deeper, more bizarre problem! About to call shenanigans on the Kraken for invading my PC.

7 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

I think so. See Delta-v map:

That's a nice Δv map, but I'd like to point out that the orbit and periapsis altitudes and outdated.  The new atmospheres in OPM 1.9.5 are deeper than the old ones.  If you plan a flyby of Sarnus at 314 km, as shown in the Δv map, you'll be inside the atmosphere.  Everyone just needs to be careful to check the new atmosphere heights before planning anything that will take you close to a planet/moon.

A few minor formatting edits: On Spacedock, the listing of the planets and moons in the description is a little busted. Tekto's image is shifted down to Urlum's entry, and that shift continues all the way down to the entry to Tal, which has Wal's image, and there appears to be no image of Tal at all.

Tal seems to not even have an entry at Curse.

Also, it'd be cool to see a proper update of the Delta V map, since Karen is not there at all yet, and the GitHub files for the map are clearly out of date. It hasn't seen an update for 9 months, and doesn't even have any moons for Neidon!

EDIT: Also what @OhioBob said.

Edited by richfiles

Finally got Thatmo's atmospheric haze working. Still tweaking it a bit, but at least the wispy grayish haze that I intended is doable. The remaining tasks left for 2.0s release are quickly dwindling, so much so that I'm willing to cautiously  predict that I can release the update within a week. Don't get all crazy just yet, just wanted to let you know that the long wait is close to being over.

Tj73vUx.png

@OhioBob

Can't blame 'em for not updating yet. 1.9.5 is not that old :P It's a good community and a great layout, so when they update no doubt it'll look great and be very accurate. After 2.0 is released I'll let 'em know what has changed since their last update so it's easier for them to update.

@richfiles

When I release 2.0 I'm completely redoing the OP and the download pages, but thanks for informing me nonetheless.

9 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

Finally got Thatmo's atmospheric haze working. Still tweaking it a bit, but at least the wispy grayish haze that I intended is doable.

That haze looks absolutely perfect - exactly what I imagined the skies of Thatmo to look like! Does it change noticeably at midday? I guess I'll be able to see for myself soon enough, though :)

Glad you like it. The haze kind of follows the sun, gets a bit opaquer and once it gets to its apex you see that haze recede back to what you see in the screenshot, before becoming nothing at night.

11 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

Finally got Thatmo's atmospheric haze working.

Okay, that looks amazing!

Still, if I remember correctly, you could tweak the 'density' of the atmosphere with the lightColor value depending on the intensity of the colors given. I recall playing around with Kittopia and getting something quite similar to what you have in the screenshot: just a colored mist above the ground. Thank goodness it's doable, it looks absolutely incredible (sadly, a wispy haze wasn't what I was going for with my project, but it fits Thatmo excellently!)

17 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

Finally got Thatmo's atmospheric haze working. Still tweaking it a bit, but at least the wispy grayish haze that I intended is doable. The remaining tasks left for 2.0s release are quickly dwindling, so much so that I'm willing to cautiously  predict that I can release the update within a week. Don't get all crazy just yet, just wanted to let you know that the long wait is close to being over.

*snip*

Looking fantastic! It'll take me like an evening or two to get the the pages redone one the new planets/moons are ready.

Gotcha! Can't wait... actually played a little KSP over the weekend for like the first time in about 6 months. Set up my Kerbin relay network ready for some Outer Planets relays later on to get some OPM Probe'yness going on! :D 

@CaptRobau, I installed OPM for few days friom CKAN (with @Sigma88 barycentre mod for Plock Karen), I've not started trip yet, but I noticed something odd.

With KAC, a Ploch entry is below Moho. The Plock-Karen barycentre is OK, but there is this additional Ploch body which is displayed in KAC mod.

Maybe this is also related to this issue ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.