[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

48 minutes ago, SamBKSP said:

Hey I would love to install this mod after watching some youtube vids on it. However, when I installed it (and kopernicus), I went into the tracking station, zoomed in on the planets, and found that they were just completely white. Also, there were no moons. The plants were just white spheres. I'm not that great with computers so I have no idea how to fix this...some help would be great thanks!

We've had this problem before, but time and time again I forget to write down the answer or a detailed explanation of the cause. Does anyone else remember?

6 hours ago, GetInTheFiretruckP1eb said:

umm... are there any videos showing off the mod before I go and download it?

Yes, but I haven't found anyone that use OPM 2.0, which is like worlds apart from previous versions due to the terrain overhaul.

Edited by CaptRobau

Dear @CaptRobau et al,

I am moving from 1.0.5 to 1.1; in the meantime, I'm moving from a then-outdated version of EVE and its cloud configs. It is my understanding that the cloud pack Eleusis La Arwall compiled is not even compatible with the current EVE version, let alone with the new OPM.

So, are we out of clouds? That would be a bummer.

Unless there's code in Ashley's mod that forces it to load after OPM, it's probably the mod that is loaded last by ModuleManager. If it's alphabetical, it could be OPM because that's pretty far down the alphabet. Only way to be sure is to find out yourself.

Two things:

1. Inner Planets Mod sounds amazing
  2. I am still in a previous version of the game (1.0.5), landed/orbiting craft warning considered, is there any reason that I should expect this not to work?

(should be stock)

51 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

Two things:

2. I am still in a previous version of the game (1.0.5), landed/orbiting craft warning considered, is there any reason that I should expect this not to work?

(should be stock)

It will likely not work with 1.0.5 as it requires a newer version of Kopernicus which isn't available in that version of KSP.

1 hour ago, Cornholio said:

Two things:

(should be stock)

No. God no. Just barely within the orbit of Moho your craft begins to melt. There's no space for a Pegasid or something.

Edited by DDE

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 6:12 PM, CaptRobau said:

Why not right now? :D

Outer Planets Mod 2.0 ready to be played!

-snip-

Future plans

I'm definitely not done modding yet. I will keep supporting OPM and already have plans for a biome overhaul. In the near future though I think I want to do an Inner Planets Mod of sorts, something that brings the advances in OPM 2.0 to the planets/moons of the stock game.

-snip-

7 minutes ago, DDE said:

No. God no. Just barely within the orbit of Moho your craft begins to melt. There's no space for a Pegasid or something.

Maybe you're right.  I already use and thoroughly enjoy Piggie and Arkas.

A CaptRobau version of Minor Bodies or some sort of comet-pack would also be pretty cool.  Whatever he brings us will most definitely be excellent.

13 minutes ago, DDE said:

Inner Planet Mod would be a revamp of the stock bodies to get them up to level of quality that OPM 2.0 introduced. Don't know where you're getting Pegasid from.

4 hours ago, Streetwind said:

Great work on the update @CaptRobau! I have a theoretical question though.

If I install OPM v2.0 along with a mod that changes the stock planet visuals (such as one of @KillAshley's mods)... who "wins" on changing Eeloo? :P

3 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

Unless there's code in Ashley's mod that forces it to load after OPM, it's probably the mod that is loaded last by ModuleManager. If it's alphabetical, it could be OPM because that's pretty far down the alphabet. Only way to be sure is to find out yourself.

i always win :wink:

I'm currently running OPM with @Proot's texture and Kopernicus enhancements of the stock system (KSPRC). It makes all the planets look about the same (high) quality. I've been watching the development of @GregroxMun's Revamped Stock System with great interest as well. So far I'm not sold on all his changes to the positions of the various planets, but they certainly look amazing.

I intend to implement the CTTP into Revamped Stock System as an optional feature if OPM or CTTP is installed (otherwise I use KillAshley's KASE ground materials settings, which all use stock textures), so keep that in mind if you intend to make an Inner Planets Mod, @CaptRobau. :wink:

1 hour ago, theonegalen said:

I'm currently running OPM with @Proot's texture and Kopernicus enhancements of the stock system (KSPRC). It makes all the planets look about the same (high) quality. I've been watching the development of @GregroxMun's Revamped Stock System with great interest as well. So far I'm not sold on all his changes to the positions of the various planets, but they certainly look amazing.

I'm working on a change for RevSS v0.4 that will allow the Joolian system to be reverted to stock size and scale. 

I'll make a CTTP thread this weekend. Too busy during the week/last weekend. I'll outline my ideas for how it would work for modders, players, etc. and from there we start brainstorming to get to the final idea. In the meantime, go ahead with the integration. It takes some experimentation to get right for each planet/moon.

7 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

I'll make a CTTP thread this weekend. Too busy during the week/last weekend. I'll outline my ideas for how it would work for modders, players, etc. and from there we start brainstorming to get to the final idea. In the meantime, go ahead with the integration. It takes some experimentation to get right for each planet/moon.

What's CTTP?

Community Terrain Texture Pack. It's kind of going to be like that Community Resource Pack mod, in that it provides a standard framework for modders to adhere to. Instead of resources it's going to be terrain textures. The stock ones are terrible, as is the general knowledge of terrain texture application. With CTTP, planet pack makers will have a standard set of high-quality textures to make their planetary surfaces come to life as well as help with applying them in their game. That way every planet pack can look as good on the ground as they do from far away, without every modder having to reinvent the wheel and make their own textures.

Having fun figuring out how CraterCurves work on procedural craters. This will be very useful when creating more realistic and diverse craters for both IPM and going back, OPM. Or as you can see realistic planetary nipples.

RLp8W3m.png

3 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

Or as you can see realistic planetary nipples.

Planetary nipples...

Seriously though congrats on 2.0 and I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with next!

Edited by Bleddyn

4 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

Having fun figuring out how CraterCurves work on procedural craters. This will be very useful when creating more realistic and diverse craters for both IPM and going back, OPM. Or as you can see realistic planetary nipples.

RLp8W3m.png

now I expect you to release a planetary nipple mod

and I promise it'll get a special star in GN :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.