[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

1 hour ago, davidy12 said:

Pood's OPM clouds.

could you post your log file?

you can find it here:

(64bit KSP) ...\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_x64_Data\output_log.txt

(32bit KSP) ...\Kerbal Space Program\KSP_Data\output_log.txt

4 hours ago, Interplanet Janet said:

Do I notice a Full(er) House reference?

I've never seen it. That particular phrase is just an old anime meme.

If I recall when when I was young, and the old Full House series was still on, I think the little girl used to say "How rude". No clue if new series used that, or dropped in a "How Lewd". I know Bob Saget's comedy gets pretty raunchy (the dead opposite of his full house character), so I suppose it could have been introduced into the show as a joke, but if so, they did not coin it.

1 minute ago, richfiles said:

I've never seen it. That particular phrase is just an old anime meme.

If I recall when when I was young, and the old Full House series was still on, I think the little girl used to say "How rude". No clue if new series used that, or dropped in a "How Lewd". I know Bob Saget's comedy gets pretty raunchy (the dead opposite of his full house character), so I suppose it could have been introduced into the show as a joke, but if so, they did not coin it.

It was similar.

3 minutes ago, davidy12 said:

Can you take a guess at what's wrong?

from your screenshot it looks like a load on demand issue.

but all those nullrefs are caused by something going wrong

I would bet the issue is there not because of OPM but because of the situation in general.

there are too many custom modification in that install to even begin to take a guess :D

Sorry for saying it here but this is the only way I could contact you

Hey Sigma88, it's me. Again. This isn't about Minmus, I swear! I've been working on a binary planet system using Kopernicus and I'm trying to duplicate Gilly and shrink it down to about a meter (I'll deal with the science stuff on my own later. It'll probably reward a metric-ass-ton of science because it is literally the size of a verbal! (I tried 7 times to get it to use K, didn't work)). I want to keep Gilly but make another one and call it 'Speck of Dust'. I haven't been able to figure it out from the Alien Space Program mods and need a bit of help. Massive thanks!

7 hours ago, Fireheart318 said:

Sorry for saying it here but this is the only way I could contact you

Hey Sigma88, it's me. Again. This isn't about Minmus, I swear! I've been working on a binary planet system using Kopernicus and I'm trying to duplicate Gilly and shrink it down to about a meter (I'll deal with the science stuff on my own later. It'll probably reward a metric-ass-ton of science because it is literally the size of a verbal! (I tried 7 times to get it to use K, didn't work)). I want to keep Gilly but make another one and call it 'Speck of Dust'. I haven't been able to figure it out from the Alien Space Program mods and need a bit of help. Massive thanks!

What surface gravity is it going to have?  What rotation speed?  How big is the SOI going to be?  How long will it take to orbit around it?  Trying to answer any one of these questions will make it obvious that this really isn't going to be practical...

13 minutes ago, Padishar said:

What surface gravity is it going to have?  What rotation speed?  How big is the SOI going to be?  How long will it take to orbit around it?  Trying to answer any one of these questions will make it obvious that this really isn't going to be practical...

About a tenth of Gilly's, 1 million km, it's a reference point for two planets and really acts like the center point of a binary system. Also, if I want a challenge, I could try landing on it but that's not its purpose.

Edit: I'll post a picture of the basics using hyperedit to mess with the planets but I want to make new ones so Gilly doesn't get messed with and because I like planets!

Edited by Fireheart318
Adding more

34 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

The above conversation has nothing to do with OPM, please move your discussion to the Kopernicus topic, Thank you.

I agree.

So, let's have an interesting conversation about donuts here, shall we? :wink:

Just kidding. Anyhow, I wonder what the future holds for OPM. Perhaps terrain scatter is something that could be improved? It'd be pretty cool for Tekto to have these alien-like formations on it's surface, or for Slate to have hints of it's past lying around.

5 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

I agree.

So, let's have an interesting conversation about donuts here, shall we? :wink:

Just kidding. Anyhow, I wonder what the future holds for OPM. Perhaps terrain scatter is something that could be improved? It'd be pretty cool for Tekto to have these alien-like formations on it's surface, or for Slate to have hints of it's past lying around.

New scatter is in the realm of 3D modelers, of which I am not one :D. So I'll need outside help. I have a few ideas, but there's only so much you can do with the current abilities of scatter/KSP terrain in general.

I hope the popularity of OPM and other planet packs is moving Squad to think about expanding the solar system and the possibilities of the terrain system. Because right now we're slowly reaching the limits of that system. What I wouldn't give for more control over how many terrain textures I could use or perfect control over to apply them. I'd want to make something like this. Or some terrain system that could produce overhanging terrain or caves. There's so many interesting features found on our nearby worlds that are still out of reach.

I think it's also because KSP has been perfecting the voyage-part of the mission. The Apollo missions, that were just about spending a day or two on the surface and then leaving again. Most non-beginners have grown tired of that, so I think it'd be a great time to start paying attention to perfecting the long-stay part. Small bases, rovers that feel just right, that sort of stuff. That upcoming Astroneer game has a lot of that, which is why I think people are loving that. We haven't seen that yet in gaming. A really good planetary exploration game. Just spending hours with that one mission on Duna, not just to Duna.

Hey quick question. Is Polta and Priaz supposed to be in the same orbit? Or is that just a glitch with OPM 2.0. Because on my game they have the exact same orbit of Urlum. 

EDIT: Sorry just tried to fix in and found out they are supposed to be Trojans of each other. The older OPM mod didn't have this, so one of my other mods must have been messing with the orbits, and the glitch was fixed in this version allowing me to have trojan moons. Also, quick question. Why dose Urlum have all the cool moon orbits. The only Trojan and the only sub-satellite 

Edited by BashGordon33

7 hours ago, Interplanet Janet said:

Would it be possible to rename Jool to either Zeupiter or Jeus? To fit in with the pattern of the other names (Sarnus = Saturn + Cronus; Urlum = Uranus + Caelum; Neidon = Neptune + Poseidon)?

I'm not touching stock names, but if I had that planet myself I might have called it Jeus.

Because I was kind of interested to see what all the inner planets would be like if named like this:

Moho > Hermes + Mercury (Mercurius) = Hermury

Eve > Aphrodite + Venus = Aphronus

Duna > Mars + Ares = Mares

Dres > Demeter + Ceres = Demeres

6 minutes ago, BashGordon33 said:

Hey quick question. Is Polta and Priaz supposed to be in the same orbit? Or is that just a glitch with OPM 2.0. Because on my game they have the exact same orbit of Urlum. 

EDIT: Sorry just tried to fix in and found out they are supposed to be Trojans of each other. The older OPM mod didn't have this, so one of my other mods must have been messing with the orbits, and the glitch was fixed in this version allowing me to have trojan moons. Also, quick question. Why dose Urlum have all the cool moon orbits. The only Trojan and the only sub-satellite 

They have and were always supposed to be in the same orbit, Priax 60 degrees behind or in front (don't remember) of Polta. The inclination is a bit different, to prevent the orbit lines from completely overlapping.

Uranus only has very boring grey lumps of ice and rock orbiting it (except for Miranda). So it needed a bit of boost in coolness.

51 minutes ago, CaptRobau said:

I'm not touching stock names, but if I had that planet myself I might have called it Jeus.

Because I was kind of interested to see what all the inner planets would be like if named like this:

Moho > Hermes + Mercury (Mercurius) = Hermury

Eve > Aphrodite + Venus = Aphronus

Duna > Mars + Ares = Mares

Dres > Demeter + Ceres = Demeres

I don't like Jeus too much, it doesnt sound mythological enough

maybe using the latin name of Jupiter which was Iovis + the greek name which was Zeus and you end up with something along the lines of Iovus

but yeah, jool seems to be the better sounding name anyways :)

56 minutes ago, CaptRobau said:

They have and were always supposed to be in the same orbit, Priax 60 degrees behind or in front (don't remember) of Polta. The inclination is a bit different, to prevent the orbit lines from completely overlapping.

Uranus only has very boring grey lumps of ice and rock orbiting it (except for Miranda). So it needed a bit of boost in coolness.

You know, Trojans are 45 degrees from their parent. You might want to fix that for Principia compatibility.

56 minutes ago, CaptRobau said:

Wait what's Miranda? Uranus has 4 moons. Polta, Priax, Wal, Tal. There is no Miranda. And if your talking about adding coolness, Neptune needs a boost. It has 2 moons and only one moon I would like to visit, Thatmo. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.