[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

6 hours ago, BashGordon33 said:

Excuse me @CaptRobau I really need to know how to make the textures lower in this mod, my computer has been having a ton of issues running planet packs with all of 2.0's high res textures. I know there is a setting to reduce texture, but that also reduces the stock texture, but that results in a terrible textures for stock planets

You can lower the texture resolution with basically any image editing program?

Edited by The White Guardian

16 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

You can lower the texture resolution with basically any image editing program?

I can do that without glitching the planet? Won't that cause problems with the normal and height maps not syncing with the texture

13 hours ago, BashGordon33 said:

I can do that without glitching the planet? Won't that cause problems with the normal and height maps not syncing with the texture

No, places on maps will still be in the same position relative to the edge of the texture, so no trouble will pop up as long as you export the textures properly, and even if you export them inproperly the only bug will be a lighting issue in scaledspace. You'll be fine if you stick to DXT5 DDS.

11 minutes ago, symmeclept said:

Planets aren't loading in KSP 1.1.3. Will this mod need an update or Kopernicus, or both?

kopernicus needs to be updated to work on 1.1.3

OPM *should* load fine when kopernicus is updated, but it's not 100% sure :)

So I was thinking, this makes the KSP solar system quite analagous to the real solar system... but... Dres is quite lonely. I propose adding two more dwarf planets to where an "asteroid belt" should be... vesta and pallas analogues.

I compared dres' orbital parameters to Ceres, and used the same ratios/differences to generate parameters for two more dwarf planets... just a thought (I'm going to mod one using terrain and height maps for vesta... the other... I don't know... do we have heightmaps and textures for phobos or diemos? I know we don't have any for pallas).

Body Diameter Mass Eccentricity    Inclination      SMA Surf.G (m/s)   Arg of Per Lon of AN
NewRoid1 142.07 8.8721e19 0.164 3.368 3.4848e10 1.009   168.7 303.55
NewRoid2    138.553 7.228e19 0.426  16.415 4.0907e10 0.8475   327.4

* I may have to change the eccentricity value for the Pallas analogue... while dres is about twice as eccentric as Ceres... ceres' orbit is pretty circular, an eccentricity twice that of Pallas' eccentricity may be too high. Maybe I'll take the square root of the ratio instead.

Also, I feel that Slate is far too close to Tylo in terms of properties... their radii are within 12% of each other, their surface gravities are within 6% of each other. Their escape velocities are within 3% of each other. They are visually different, but actually quite the same.

In my version of the game I've changed it to have a surface gravity of 0.376 g. I then gave it an atmosphere with its highest pressure being 1.155 kPa (0.0114 atmospheres). The molar mass I gave it was 43.6. You may recognize these numbers... they correspond to the surface gravity of mars, and its highest atmospheric pressure. I find the planet more fun like this... again... something to consider. I don't think it overlaps with Thatmo because parachutes can work on it (although only at very very low altitudes unless modded), its orbital velocity is much higher due to the greater diameter and gravity. Due to the higher gravity, its harder to fly on despite the higher MW of the gas relative to Thatmo. Gravity is 62% higher...the MW is only 50.5% higher.

I don't feel like slate in this form overlaps with tylo, nor Thatmo, nor Duna*...

* despite being modelled after mars and duna being a mars analogue, my Slate's atmosphere is about 15% the density of Dunas, with a surface gravity over 25% higher. The radius is also 68.75% larger... so orbital velocity is much higher and there's a lot more velocity to shed for landing, and a lot more velocity needed to get to orbit.

Edited by KerikBalm
*god I hate the new forum formatting

So is anyone else seeing that all the gas giants (which use the Jool template) have their atmospheric pressure listed as 15 atms in mapview... and that Tekto (which uses Laythe as a template) has its tmospheric pressure listed as 0.6 atms in mapview.

This appears to be a mapview display problem... the actual atmosphere on tekto reaches 1.25 as it should.

Is this a 1.1 change? a 1.1.1/2 change, a 1.1.3 change?

I first noticed it on a planet I was making (I started using a copy of the tekto .cfg, and went from there)... but I see its generic to all planets specifying a "template"

On 24/6/2016 at 1:54 AM, GregroxMun said:

Without having fixed the normal maps, I'm still quite reluctant to play OPM. I really want to play it though, so I guess I'll just have to re-export the normal maps myself.

@CaptRobau can you change OPM from using @Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus] to using @Kopernicus:FOR[OPM]?

@CaptRobau if you decide to embrace @GregroxMun's suggestion could you send me a pm or any kind of warning so that I can update GalacticNeighborhood configs? thanks

20 hours ago, KerikBalm said:

So is anyone else seeing that all the gas giants (which use the Jool template) have their atmospheric pressure listed as 15 atms in mapview... and that Tekto (which uses Laythe as a template) has its tmospheric pressure listed as 0.6 atms in mapview.

This appears to be a mapview display problem... the actual atmosphere on tekto reaches 1.25 as it should.

Is this a 1.1 change? a 1.1.1/2 change, a 1.1.3 change?

I first noticed it on a planet I was making (I started using a copy of the tekto .cfg, and went from there)... but I see its generic to all planets specifying a "template"

this is result from KSP 1.1.3 changes

now the tracking station informations are read from staticPressureASL rather than from the pressureCurve itself

or at least this is what I suppose it's happening

But according to

https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions/blob/master/GameData/Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/Bodies/KittopiaExports/Laythe.cfg

Laythe has a static ASL pressure of 81.06 ... which corresponds to its old atmosphere of 0.8 atms.

The tracking display correctly dispalys 0.6 atmospheres for Laythe... so... that doesn't seem to be it, but admittedly I haven't tried changing it.

3 minutes ago, KerikBalm said:

But according to

https://github.com/Sigma88/Sigma-Dimensions/blob/master/GameData/Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/Bodies/KittopiaExports/Laythe.cfg

Laythe has a static ASL pressure of 81.06 ... which corresponds to its old atmosphere of 0.8 atms.

The tracking display correctly dispalys 0.6 atmospheres for Laythe... so... that doesn't seem to be it, but admittedly I haven't tried changing it.

That export is from 1.1.2 and so potentially out of date

Hello,

I have a random crash, with OPM 2.0, Kopernicus 1.1.2 (on 1.1.1 the same)

in crash logs is:

Cannot find preset 'Default' for pqs 'name of all planet'

and again

Log:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29006390/output_log.txt

What is wrong?

Edited by popos1

7 hours ago, Pentazer said:

If this is not currently supported by the 64bit pre-release I'm okay with that. I'm just trying to find an answer.

not sure what you mean by pre-release

the latest version of KSP available is 1.1.3 which is an official release and win 64bit is supported by default.

OPM is still tagged as "[1.1.2]" so use at your own risk

goes without saying that (even if the mod was tagged as compatible with 1.1.3) you should always backup your saves

game breaking bugs are always behind the corner, and you should always be prepared :wink:

4 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

not sure what you mean by pre-release

the latest version of KSP available is 1.1.3 which is an official release and win 64bit is supported by default.

OPM is still tagged as "[1.1.2]" so use at your own risk

goes without saying that (even if the mod was tagged as compatible with 1.1.3) you should always backup your saves

game breaking bugs are always behind the corner, and you should always be prepared :wink:

Oh, thanks! This really helps. I think something may be really messed up with my KSP as it still says I'm on pre-release. It may explain why I'm not seeing any change in the 64 bit edition. I'll reinstall KSP tonight and hope for the best.

4 hours ago, Pentazer said:

Oh, thanks! This really helps. I think something may be really messed up with my KSP as it still says I'm on pre-release. It may explain why I'm not seeing any change in the 64 bit edition. I'll reinstall KSP tonight and hope for the best.

You have to change your BETA subscription in STEAM to opt out of BETA for KSP.  When  you do this, STEAM will re-download KSP for you automatically and you will be on the current version.

Hellom, outer Planets is working for me in the Trackingstation and in flymode.

But i can´t see the Planets in the "Science Archives" inside the research and development. There are only shown the stock planets

Is there any way to fix, or do the mod need to update again?

Maybe is there any help

Thanks

59 minutes ago, M4ssler said:

Hellom, outer Planets is working for me in the Trackingstation and in flymode.

But i can´t see the Planets in the "Science Archives" inside the research and development. There are only shown the stock planets

Is there any way to fix, or do the mod need to update again?

Maybe is there any help

Thanks

This is a known kopernicus bug.

If you go directly to the science archives after starting ksp you will see the planets show up correctly, but any scene change will revert it back to stock

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.