[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

If anyone is interested, I made an alternate CommNet rebalance Configuration. I didn't like how OPM increased every antenna's range by a factor a 4, which I believe unnecessarily changes the balance of short range and early game communication. Instead, I increased the tier III tracking station to a rage of 2 Tm, and increased the range of the Communotron 88-88 and RA-100 to 500 Gm.

With my config, and the tier III tracking station, the  DTS-M1 / RA-2 antennas can provide a stable connection out to all the inner planets and Dres most of the time, and Jool if it is close to Kerbin. The HG-55 / RA-50 annennas are good for Jool and Sarnus, and the Communotron 88-88 / RA-100 antennas are good for Plock (and anything else within 1 Tm of Kerbin).

@PART[RelayAntenna100]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]
	{
		@antennaPower = 500000000000
	}
}
@PART[commDish]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter]
	{
		@antennaPower = 500000000000
	}
}
@CUSTOMBARNKIT
{	
	@TRACKING
	{
		@DSNRange = 2000000000, 50000000000, 2000000000000
	}
}

I don't know if I should ask this here or in the CKAN thread, but ever since the Kopernicus "Black Universe" bug hit me I haven't seen OPM listed in CKAN for version 1.2.0 or 1.2.1. It's not showing up even when not using any filter. Has it been intentionally removed from indexing, or are there other dependency problems?

*Edit* Nevermind, seems to show up for 1.2.1 now. Don't understand why, just glad it's showing up.

Edited by tsaven
Resolved

Unforunetly I'm getting an error when I try to install the Outer Planets Mod through CKAN.  As soon as I click the check box for OPM, CKAN crashes with the following error:

http://pasteboard.co/2qdEbgoDG.png

"Unhandled Exception has occured....Cannot install AstronikiSunflareforScatterer. module not available"

Is there anything I can do to help troubleshoot or resolve this?

Hello.

I installed OPM (as usual) on my 1.2.1. via CKAN, with all the additional required mods.

Planets did not show. Funny thing is I installed another 2 mods that add more planets and they did not show as well.

And before you say there may be a problem with them coexisting - all 3 worked fine at 1.1.x and I had all those planets at once. 

Can you help me get at least OPM back ?

Is the antenna range automatic with the installation of OPM, or is there something that has to be done in order to activate it?

@Mapoko do you have Kopernicus and ModularFlightIntegrator (which is included in the Kopernicus download)? And on an even more fundamental level, do you have ModuleManager? If you don't have the 1.2.1 versions of those mods, planet packs will not function. Additionally, for OPM in particular you also need the CTTP folder that is included in the OPM download (I'm not quite sure what it does but it's a dependency).

@eloquentJane t turns out that one of the other planetary modes did override Kopernicus with older version.

I installed OPM last (so it can override last) and now everything is on the map !

Everything works fine now ! Sorry for bothering you. Going to have so much fun trying to figure out how to make it to the planets (again) with Lifesupport mod this time :wink:

Q8DbXoH.png

8 minutes ago, Rock3tman_ said:

This wasn't mentioned earlier, but are the default EVE/Scatterer configs compatible with the latest OPM? I know Stock Visual Enhancements doesn't work because it uses Kopernicus configs, but I don't see why there would be an issue with the defaults.

SVE doesn't use kopernicus.  SVT does though.   SVE and SVT does work with OPM but only on the stock planets.  If you are looking for clouds and scatterer for the OPM planets,  you will have to wait for OPMVE by @Poodmund.  

I guess to answer your question about stock EVE and Scatterer,  It does work with OPM,  but only will add clouds and atmospheres to the stock planets, just like sve. So you will either have to wait until Poodmund updates his mod or you will have to write your own configs. 

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

SVE doesn't use kopernicus.  SVT does though.   SVE and SVT does work with OPM but only on the stock planets.  If you are looking for clouds and scatterer for the OPM planets,  you will have to wait for OPMVE by @Poodmund.  

I guess to answer your question about stock EVE and Scatterer,  It does work with OPM,  but only will add clouds and atmospheres to the stock planets, just like sve. So you will either have to wait until Poodmund updates his mod or you will have to write your own configs. 

Thanks for the heads up. I may try writing my own configs for once, even though I have no experience. BTW, SVE is simply stellar, and I'll be downloading your planet pack soon once I finish up my current career save :P Also I realized that the SVE incompatibility was actually with Poodmund's earlier OPMVO, lol

Edited by Rock3tman_

On 19/11/2016 at 5:45 PM, juanml82 said:

Hi, stock Kerbal experience changed with 1.2, so you could train your kerbonauts to three stars by orbiting Kerbin, escaping Kerbin' SOI and, instead of landing on both of Kerbin's moons as it used to be, you could just orbit one and land in the other.

However, something in OPM or Kopernicus (I'm guessing some MM patch somewhere) returns that to the previous values, which requires landing in both moons. Assuming it's a MM patch, any idea which one is it? And is it intentional? In either case, I'd much rather pre-train my kerbals by just landing in one moon instead of having to do both landings, so I'd like to modify/erase whatever config file changing that.

So, uh, which patch (which isn't in Kopernicus) reduces the kerbonauts xp within Kerbin' SOI?

On 11/25/2016 at 10:14 PM, tsaven said:

Unforunetly I'm getting an error when I try to install the Outer Planets Mod through CKAN.  As soon as I click the check box for OPM, CKAN crashes with the following error:

http://pasteboard.co/2qdEbgoDG.png

"Unhandled Exception has occured....Cannot install AstronikiSunflareforScatterer. module not available"

Is there anything I can do to help troubleshoot or resolve this?

The CKAN devs ask that issues with any mod installed via CKAN be brought up in the CKAN thread first, as it's frequently more of a CKAN problem than a problem with the mod itself.  Suggest you report it over there.

Interesting. When using OPM 2.1 with Kopernicus 1.2.2-1 and Sigma Binary 1.6.1 on KSP 1.2.2, the Plock-Karen barycenter along with Plock's orbit in the binary system is moved from Plock's to Jool's orbit. Plock and Karen stay in their regular orbit, though not as binary system.

Here's a .zip archive containing the Kopernicus logs: https://puu.sh/sHDxJ/11bb0b2c94.zip

Yay, first post!

EDIT: Seems to be an issue with Sigma Binary. Duna-Ike is not a binary system, either, even though the appropriate addition to Sigma Binary was installed.

Edited by mezzodrinker

Neat mod CaptRobau!

I have a little suggestion, that isn't to be taken too seriously: how about Nix/Hydra/Styx/Kerberos analogues around Plock? They may be too small (except maybe nyx?), but it would be fun!

Edited by MinimalMinmus
tiny typo (this one is Nix, not Nyx)

On 12/4/2016 at 3:01 PM, juanml82 said:

So, uh, which patch (which isn't in Kopernicus) reduces the kerbonauts xp within Kerbin' SOI?

I don't know of anything that OPM adds that would do that. Nor can I find any mention of experience changes as described in the changelogs of update 1.2 or above.

On 12/10/2016 at 5:48 AM, Spheniscine said:

Urlum doesn't appear to have reversed rotation like it says in the description to me. I am using Sigma Dimensions if that could be the issue...

Its rotation around its axis is reversed. Not the rotation around the Sun. Do you see it now?

14 hours ago, MinimalMinmus said:

Neat mod CaptRobau!

I have a little suggestion, that isn't to be taken too seriously: how about nyx/hydra/styx/kerberos analogues around Plock? They may be too small (except maybe nyx?), but it would be fun!

Don't like any more generic tiny moons than necessary. IMO Plock-Charon is already plenty unique and interesting as is. Thanks for taking the time to suggest something, that's always a good thing.

31 minutes ago, CaptRobau said:

Don't like any more generic tiny moons than necessary. IMO Plock-Charon is already plenty unique and interesting as is. Thanks for taking the time to suggest something, that's always a good thing

I see, and it's true that Nix would be smaller than Hale if ksp-ized (it's 50x35x30 km), but it has a very distinct red-ish crater, which makes it a cool body neverthenless:Nix_best_view-true_color.jpg

But as I said, that's not a very serious suggestion, just a "Hey, it would be neat if X" one

Edited by MinimalMinmus
typo

2 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

I don't know of anything that OPM adds that would do that. Nor can I find any mention of experience changes as described in the changelogs of update 1.2 or above.

After looking around, it turns out that it's the patch that manages the stock planets science multipliers. Somehow, the multipliers are tied to how much experience the kerbals gain when in orbit or landed around a celestial body.

17 hours ago, MinimalMinmus said:

Neat mod CaptRobau!

I have a little suggestion, that isn't to be taken too seriously: how about Nix/Hydra/Styx/Kerberos analogues around Plock? They may be too small (except maybe nyx?), but it would be fun!

I'm co-developing a new mod called Stock Planet Expansion together with @SmashingKirby148, and we plan on adding 'expansions' for other planet packs too, including OPM. (Yes, I talked with Capt about this)

Among the planned extra moons for OPM are Kerbalized versions of Pluto's minor moons - Nix, Hydra, Styx and Kerberos.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.