[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

14 minutes ago, Galileo said:

If the OP says it's required, the mod probably won't work without it. 

ModuleFlightIntegrator is bundled with kopernicus. Follow the install instructions thoroughly and you shouldn't have a problem 

Victory!!!!! I have Victory!!!

I works, but the orbits of the new planets stay the same, but its like a lazershow!

3 hours ago, Hay said:

I have no idea wether or not this has been asked before, but does OPM work with Sigma Dimensions?

outside the fact that SD is a work in progress so it might have some bugs or unfixed issues, yes SD can work fine with OPM.

backup everything you don't want to lose, just to be on the safe side

22 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

outside the fact that SD is a work in progress so it might have some bugs or unfixed issues, yes SD can work fine with OPM.

backup everything you don't want to lose, just to be on the safe side

Thank you good sir

8 hours ago, davidy12 said:

@CaptRobau: Are you still working on this?

7 hours ago, Galileo said:

It works perfectly with 1.2.2.. what does he need to work on?

pretty sure he has more things he would like to do still besides just keeping this mod up to date with the latest KSP. He posted a roadmap a while back... anyways he's still logging in regularly so eventually he'll have some news. Just gotta be patient

4 hours ago, CompletedPi said:

If I install this mod on my career save (which already has a bunch of stuff in orbit), are they all going to be flung out the solar system or something like that? I don't want my International Space Station to become the Interstellar Space Station. :0.0:

All your current ships in orbit or on the surface of other bodies should be 100% untouched. That is unless you have ships in the vicinity of where OPM planets would be :P

Good things always come to those who wait :)  I can also report confidently that OPM works great in 1.2.2.  I have yet to have any vessels/stations go interstellar except by my own terrible understanding of orbital mechanics!  

Edit:

Correction:  I do understand a little about orbital mechanics:  They are pricey and always take longer than you thought they would.

Edited by smotheredrun
"Dad" joke anyone?

1 hour ago, smotheredrun said:

Good things always come to those who wait :)  I can also report confidently that OPM works great in 1.2.2.  I have yet to have any vessels/stations go interstellar except by my own terrible understanding of orbital mechanics!  

Edit:

Correction:  I do understand a little about orbital mechanics:  They are pricey and always take longer than you thought they would.

10 hours ago, StickyScissors said:

All your current ships in orbit or on the surface of other bodies should be 100% untouched. That is unless you have ships in the vicinity of where OPM planets would be :P

Thank you for the reply! I just had a bad experience with a mod that added stars, back in 0.90 (everything I built ended up being flung out of orbit), and I was unsure about installing this while having ships set up.

Well, time to colonize even more planets! :D

On 2/23/2017 at 10:37 AM, Galileo said:

It works perfectly with 1.2.2.. what does he need to work on?

@Galileo @smotheredrun I'm currently installing OPM based on the author's instructions (OPM, Kopernicus 1.2.1-1, Custom Barnkit 1.1.10)

But I'm curious, do you guys recommend updating to the most recent Kopernicus 1.2.2-4 for any reason? Just wondering what version of Kopernicus is "best" for OPM at the moment...

EDIT: To other OPM newbies, DO NOT INSTALL 1.2.1-1 with KSP 1.2.2. See comment below.

Edited by Hofelinger
To warn others

4 hours ago, Hofelinger said:

@Galileo @smotheredrun I'm currently installing OPM based on the author's instructions (OPM, Kopernicus 1.2.1-1, Custom Barnkit 1.1.10)

But I'm curious, do you guys recommend updating to the most recent Kopernicus 1.2.2-4 for any reason? Just wondering what version of Kopernicus is "best" for OPM at the moment...

That's not gonna work if you're using KSP 1.2.2, amigo.

Kopernicus 1.2.1-1 is designed for 1.2.1 and will only work on that specific KSP version. Thomas added a version lock to prevent save file corruption.

So, why use Kopernicus 1.2.2-4? For starters, you'll need a 1.2.2-X release for it to work on KSP 1.2.2. Kopernicus 1.2.2-4 also includes some bugfixes.

And lastly, you can enable a new ring shader for Sarnus. Instructions for that are in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

If you want Sarnus to have better rings, you can! For that you'll need Kopernicus 1.2.2-3 or beyond, and enter Sarnus' config with Notepad or Notepad++.

Just look for the entry Ring{}. In there, change the value of 'unlit' to false and add the values 'useNewShader = true' and 'penumbraMultiplier = 10.0'.

Or you can make it even easier: copy Sarnus' config and rename the copy to 'NewRing' or something like that, that's not really important.

Next, open the cloned config file, delete everything inside and paste in this code:

@Kopernicus:AFTER[OPM]
{
	@Body[Sarnus]
	{
		@Rings
		{
			@Ring
			{
				%unlit = false
				useNewShader = true
				penumbraMultiplier = 10.0
			}
		}
	}
}

This code should work.

9 hours ago, The White Guardian said:

That's not gonna work if you're using KSP 1.2.2, amigo.

Kopernicus 1.2.1-1 is designed for 1.2.1 and will only work on that specific KSP version. Thomas added a version lock to prevent save file corruption.

So, why use Kopernicus 1.2.2-4? For starters, you'll need a 1.2.2-X release for it to work on KSP 1.2.2. Kopernicus 1.2.2-4 also includes some bugfixes.

And lastly, you can enable a new ring shader for Sarnus. Instructions for that are in the spoiler below.

Reveal hidden contents

If you want Sarnus to have better rings, you can! For that you'll need Kopernicus 1.2.2-3 or beyond, and enter Sarnus' config with Notepad or Notepad++.

Just look for the entry Ring{}. In there, change the value of 'unlit' to false and add the values 'useNewShader = true' and 'penumbraMultiplier = 10.0'.

Or you can make it even easier: copy Sarnus' config and rename the copy to 'NewRing' or something like that, that's not really important.

Next, open the cloned config file, delete everything inside and paste in this code:

@Kopernicus:AFTER[OPM]
{
	@Body[Sarnus]
	{
		@Rings
		{
			@Ring
			{
				%unlit = false
				useNewShader = true
				penumbraMultiplier = 10.0
			}
		}
	}
}

This code should work.

Thanks for this. I'm going to start a Sarnus mission soon, and I wasn't looking forward to trying to figure out how to configure the ring shaders myself.

1 hour ago, Hofelinger said:

@The White Guardian Thanks for the reply. Kopernicus 1.2.2-4 is now installed and working great. I'll look into that ring shader tonight, I've never altered a mod before, looks reasonably easy though. Do you recommend also installing Poodmunds visual overhall in conjunction with this Sarnus shader code? I believe my PC is capable. 

Do it! Pood's stuff is epic! :o

Biomes on Sarnus look to be a bit borked-the Polar Zones are part of the Hexagon, the Great White Spot doesn't exist, the Temperate Belts are replaced by Polar Zones, the Temperate Zones are replaced by Tropical Belts and the Tropical Zones, Tropical Belts and Equatorial Zone are all replaced by Polar Zones.

And @The White Guardian I didn't know there was a 1.2 version of OPM-VO. If there is, where is it?

Edited by voicey99

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.