[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

1 hour ago, Smarti said:

Hi. I think this mod does not change the science values for the stock planets? I ask because there is a config for their values inside.

OPM is supposed to reduce science gains from the stock system in order to make it worthwhile to visit the new bodies

are you saying that this feature is not working?

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

OPM is supposed to reduce science gains from the stock system in order to make it worthwhile to visit the new bodies

are you saying that this feature is not working?

No, thats not what I want to say. I just ask what it does, but as you ask if it`s working, i´ll try out and compare. Await my result. Thanks for your answer.

EDIT:

So i tested Stock KSP+OPM+Kopernicus (right isn`t it?) in a Science Game with standart settings and got the same Science Points as in unmodded KSP. Crew report 1.5 points and Surface sample 9 points on Launchpad for stock Ksp and OPM.

Edited by Smarti

1 hour ago, Smarti said:

No, thats not what I want to say. I just ask what it does, but as you ask if it`s working, i´ll try out and compare. Await my result. Thanks for your answer.

EDIT:

So i tested Stock KSP+OPM+Kopernicus (right isn`t it?) in a Science Game with standart settings and got the same Science Points as in unmodded KSP. Crew report 1.5 points and Surface sample 9 points on Launchpad for stock Ksp and OPM.

I don't have the cfg available here so I cannot say if Kerbin science is affected by OPM

it would make sense if OPM didn't affect kerbin, since it's the starting science you get before going interplanetary

you should try duna, jool, or some of jool's moons

58 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

I don't have the cfg available here so I cannot say if Kerbin science is affected by OPM

it would make sense if OPM didn't affect kerbin, since it's the starting science you get before going interplanetary

you should try duna, jool, or some of jool's moons

I tried Mun and Jool. Everything is fine, the science points are reduced. Kerbin isn`t named in the config, so it is unaffected. All good.

Hi, everyone.

I had less time than anticipated these past few weekends, so I didn't get to finish and test the update. I'm going away on holiday for two weeks, and since some stuff was at least done I didn't want to leave you guys empty handed.

Via the download link below you can download this alpha.

https://mega.nz/#!pexWzarR!6MgmsD1sSuHfpRhBqMzZBtar3yn3BO8ekdBVSzqJtpk

Please note that it's not tested like a normal release (although I'm quite sure the most of it works).

5 hours ago, CaptRobau said:

Hi, everyone.

I had less time than anticipated these past few weekends, so I didn't get to finish and test the update. I'm going away on holiday for two weeks, and since some stuff was at least done I didn't want to leave you guys empty handed.

Via the download link below you can download this alpha.

https://mega.nz/#!pexWzarR!6MgmsD1sSuHfpRhBqMzZBtar3yn3BO8ekdBVSzqJtpk

Please note that it's not tested like a normal release (although I'm quite sure the most of it works).

1 hour ago, GregroxMun said:

Well Sarnus' rings are gone.

if the new release uses the new shader for the rings with a vertical texture, this might be why you cannot see the rings:

On 5/7/2017 at 9:49 PM, Sigma88 said:

@CaptRobau

I found a typo in one of the science defs:

DresSrfLanded = It is exactly as brown and duty as expected. Not a bit of brown less, not a bit of dust more.

@CaptRobau found another one:

SarnusInSpaceLowPolarHexagon = What could cause generate such an perfect shape to generate naturally?

if you set up a github repo that would help reporting this kind of issues, if you are interested but are not sure how to do that feel free to pm me, I can help you set it up
Edited by Sigma88

@CaptRobau what do you think the possibility of new objects being added is? I don't really foresee this as the mod looks complete, but I'm just curious.

Also I found this old GP2 ideas thread that has bodies from PlanetFactory with the names "Tekto" and "Wal"

Imugr post that was on the thread:

Edited by Adstriduum

Guys, can someone advise if a existing Stock+OPM+OPM-VO - Career can be continued with updating to Galactic Neighborhood mod?!

Having explored OPM nearly in full my Kerbals looking for new adventures :rolleyes:.

If so, what to be aware off and what other mods are required for interstellar travelling?

Thank you in advance.

8 minutes ago, Schaufel said:

Guys, can someone advise if a existing Stock+OPM+OPM-VO - Career can be continued with updating to Galactic Neighborhood mod?!

Having explored OPM nearly in full my Kerbals looking for new adventures :rolleyes:.

If so, what to be aware off and what other mods are required for interstellar travelling?

Thank you in advance.

Just make a backup of your save file and try it. That will probably be faster than waiting on an answer. :wink:

I Really Want to download this, But with Every Planet Pack with rings that I install, There are no rings for them. The textures are there, but no rings appear. I don't want the same to happen to this. Suggestions?

17 minutes ago, Cabbink said:

I Really Want to download this, But with Every Planet Pack with rings that I install, There are no rings for them. The textures are there, but no rings appear. I don't want the same to happen to this. Suggestions?

are you saying it happens with this mod as well?

Edited by Sigma88

1 hour ago, Cabbink said:

In all Mods With Rings, Such as Planet Cerillion. I will try this one out momentarily, but it will probably fail.

Probably something related to Kopernicus, there's been a lot of ring-related stuff happening as of recently.

That, or it's something with your install or PC.

3 hours ago, Aultarius said:

I need help, tried to install this mod, followed all the steps, I think I'm missing something, I just don't know what. 

Can't help without logs and a screenshot of your gamedata folder 

3 hours ago, Aultarius said:

I need help, tried to install this mod, followed all the steps, I think I'm missing something, I just don't know what. 

if you don't know which files to provide, click on the nyan cat in my sig, it contains a list of all the files necessary

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.