[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

10 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

On the OP, for KSP 1.2.2 it states: ''This version of OPM works best with Kopernicus 1.2.1-1''. Is this still indeed the case or is there a better version for KSP 1.2.2?

There is this:

And the version I released developed on 1.2.2 with kopernicus 1.2.2-5. This should work with 1.3 with the latest kopernicus 1.3.0-2. I haven't tested it yet though.

kopernicus 1.2.1-1 only works on KSP 1.2.1. 

4 minutes ago, Errol said:

Is there a way to define tilt for Rings around a body?

Look inside of the kopernicus body cfg that has rings and adjust the angle by however many degrees you want

Rings
{
	Ring
	{
		angle = X	<----------
	}
}
Edited by Galileo

I am in need of help very dearly! Solved it...

I have been modding KSP for awhile for a new get-back at the game. Due to many of the mods not being compatible with 1.3, I have returned to 1.2.2 through Steam Betas and have been using the 1.2.2 releases of the mods.

I have managed to run everything smoothly and everything is simply working marvelous. However, I have a single problem that really puts me down and on edge since I am unable to solve it at all! In fact, I cannot find the culprit, and I can only imagine.

This problem appeared as I have installed OPM, the game does not crash so I cannot provide a log, or I am not sure if I can provide a log without it crashing but I the main lead I have to pinpointing is that the debug menu is being flooded with a repeating error every milisecond!

The error is as following:

Exception: MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Celestialbody.get_DisplayName'.

Exception: MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Celestialbody.get_DisplayName'.

repeats indefinitely...

My observations have led me to notice it only occurs during CAREER mode not on the main menu, not in the sandbox mode and neither in the Science mode, so that narrows my suspicions to contracts specifically.

I have a few mods that alter the contracts, DMagic, Contract Configurator (only uses kerbal Academy pack), Solar Science, SCANSat etc. I have tried to remove all of them at once and individually to try again to see if it works, and unfortunately, did not change the result.

Edit : Solved it.

It would seem the cause of the trouble was : DMagicUtilities

Edited by VaeVictus
Added info

13 minutes ago, dpitch40 said:

This mod is retroactively changing the amount of experience Kerbals earn for doing things, which is causing my three-star Kerbals to get demoted to two stars when I install it. How do I disable this?

Go into OPM/KopernicusConfigs and delete the StockScienceMultipliers cfg

Not sure if this is the best place for this. I've been using OPM on my most recent play-through and I just started going to places besides the original planets. I use this 

for gate orbits for refueling my interplanetary craft. I couldn't find a comparable one for OPM, so I coded one up. I don't worry about inclination or eccentricity. This is what I get:

To                  
    Moho Eve Kerbin Duna Dres Jool Sarnus Urlum Neidon Plock
From Moho   0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
  Eve 4,655   30,608 4,674 1,229 636 359 222 176 159
  Kerbin 700 12,908   8,701 1,052 371 100 0 0 0
  Duna 0 0 580   147 0 0 0 0 0
  Dres 0 0 0 0   0 0 0 0 0
  Jool   82,501   134,265   191,969   368,355   6,355,620     6,237,360   639,210   399,680 338,227
  Sarnus 29,455 41,446 52,437 77,557 205,757   926,269   966,009 349,451 254,148
  Urlum 5,977 7,665 9,038 11,749 21,112 41,479 156,200   504,746 204,622
  Neidon 0 0 0 0 8,786 25,074 81,045 724,181     5,031,738
  Plock 0 0 0 0 0 0 134 1,027 9,842  

I used the equations at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hohmann_transfer_orbit and  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vis-viva_equation simplifying all planets to have circular, coplanar orbits.

All distances are altitudes in km, 0 indicates below the body's surface. I've highlighted the only ones that are out of the SOI. I haven't checked if they are outside the atmosphere.

Edited by Nicias
updated for finite SOI

13 hours ago, A_beholder said:

does this work in 1.3?

officially? no

unofficially? it might, if you feel wild, bakcup you saves and try, worst case scenario you roll back and wait for the devs to put up an update

also, in case it doesn't work, keep in mind that the devs didn't update it yet before posting complaints here :)

Is this something that can be added to a game in progress? I'm kicking off a 1.3 career game, and don't expect to be heading to outer planets for quite a while. If I start the game now, can I add this once a 1.3 compatible version releases?

Thanks

6 hours ago, strudo76 said:

Is this something that can be added to a game in progress? I'm kicking off a 1.3 career game, and don't expect to be heading to outer planets for quite a while. If I start the game now, can I add this once a 1.3 compatible version releases?

Thanks

I'm not sure it would be a good idea. At the very least, try to have the Kopernicus mod from the start. There are significant alterations to physics; for instance, an outdates Kopernicus/OrbitDriver once caused all my solar panels to fail.

15 hours ago, DDE said:

I'm not sure it would be a good idea. At the very least, try to have the Kopernicus mod from the start. There are significant alterations to physics; for instance, an outdates Kopernicus/OrbitDriver once caused all my solar panels to fail.

That's cool, thanks for the info. I have Kopernicus already for Realistic Atmospheres, so I'll probably back up and see how it goes when it's 1.3 ready.

On 6/15/2017 at 4:43 AM, strudo76 said:

Thanks

I haven't reached the outer planets yet myself, but I understand the mod changes a thing or two in stock mechanics such as antenna ranges and kerbals' XP levels. So you may have some unintended consequences if you install it mid-game.

3 hours ago, Starslinger999 said:

Kopernicus is Updated for 1.3, so any chance of update?

CaptRobau has been logging in regularly so yes, I would say the chances are good. Until then, we all sit back and wait patiently

1 hour ago, dlrk said:

Any news on this for 1.3? I realize asking is a massive faux pas, but a binary yes or no on if it's being worked on would be great

Have you tried it in 1.3 or are you just bothered by the fact that it says 1.2.1? 

Is there anything in particular I should keep an eye out for? Decided to see if it would work in 1.3 and it seems ok so far, nothing particular out of place or whacky going on that I would expect from a planet pack integration gone poorly, but it's been a while since I played KSP, so I may be ignoring something obvious to others.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.