[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

This seems to be a common thing for Linux users and the latest kopernicus. It's out of my hands unfortunately. I'll double check everything, though.

A little more information after messing around a bit.  I got the same bug trying New Horizons - which seems to point towards Kopernicus.  I got curious though - an unrelated fact is that Linux KSP install by default stores the KSP.log and MiniAVC.log on my Desktop, odd behavior by my reckoning.  Perhaps Linux sets a "working directory" based on where you are when you start running a program?  Anyway, after some messing around I found I could get New Horizons to work by running the Launcher executable from within the game folder instead of the link on my Desktop.  Also log files no longer appear on the desktop.  I'll try this with OPM next, but it's late here and I must sleep.

TL,DR: possible workaround is to open the Launcher from within KSP folder instead of using a Desktop shortcut to run the game.

Through the scientific process of deleting things at random I have determined that KerbNet in 1.3 is being broken by something in GameData\OPM\KarboniteConfigs , which I presume are out of date with current Community Resource Pack or something.

To be more exact, the file GameData/OPM/KarboniteConfigs/MetalOre.cfg contains definitions for MetalOre, which is a resource specific to ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads. If that is not installed for whatever reason KerbNet breaks. Deleting MetalOre.cfg resolves that problem. Presumable the same applies for the whole folder if CRP is not installed.

I have also put planet maps under PluginData and adjusted the paths to point to them which resolved the texture load warning, but I think that was mostly harmless - the loader for planet maps is different than the main loader, which can't load grayscale textures. Other than that so far everything seems fine.

Where can I find the low/high science cutoffs for the new bodies in OPM? They're not on the wiki.  I looked around the files. Is the relavant value: 

Body
{
	Properties
	{
		ScienceValues
		{
			spaceAltitudeThreshold = 20000
		}
	}
}

for Ovok for example?

2 minutes ago, zeant93 said:

Is this mod compatible with 1.3 version of KSP?

Yes. Look here:

On 2017-7-13 at 10:03 AM, Galileo said:

Here is OPM for 1.3

This is a version of OPM maintained by Galileo
This version of Outer Planets Mod is for KSP version 1.3
I will host this version until CaptRobau takes it over, or if he wants it taken down.

This version works for Macs, Linux, and PC. No yellow moire effect.

Change log

• Updated for KSP 1.3
  • Completed necessary localization (en-us)
    • Covers displayName, Descriptions and ScienceDefs
    • Does NOT cover ResearchBodies (maybe in the future)
  • Fixed Urlum's and Sarnus' rings for Kopernicus' ring shader
  • Enabled Kopernicus' ring shader ^ hey whatta ya know?
  • Added support for KopernicusExpansions footprints on all rocky bodies

If you want to contribute to the localization effort, it would be greatly appreciated by CaptRobau, no doubt.
I could only do English, because well, I'm a lazy American that only speaks one language! :D 

DOWNLOAD

I have more than 75 mods installed, can this mod run with these system specs:

Windows 7 64-bit, Processor Intel i3-2310M 2.10GHz, Intel HD Graphics 3000, 6GB of RAM.

I only ask you this because I had this mod on 0.90 KSP version and the game crashed everytime I load the game. Because of that I had never tried to install this mod since that version, anyways I like this mod because he add more planets as in the real life solar system. Can anyone answer my question as quickly as possible?

Edited by zeant93

3 minutes ago, Galileo said:

@zeant93 you definitely should not be running out of memory. Make sure you are running the 64 bit version of ksp

I have 6GB of RAM and yes I'm running the 64-bit version. Normally when I run the game I see how percentage of memory he use and I see that he use between 75% and 80% of the total memory, but when this happens I clean the memory with a program that I have installed

Edited by zeant93

@zeant93 80% is a nice upper limit for RAM usage. Use your memory cleaner before running KSP, then don't worry about it until you've played long enough that memory leaks start or you noticeably feel a performance dip. I have a PC with 8GB of memory and I let it reach 97% full and don't care about it. I just make sure to not have things open with KSP....like Photoshop or web browsers.

I don't use that particular computer for KSP but I did have OPT, Mk2 Expansion (these are very big parts mods), a few small parts mods, scatterer and SVE installed there as far as I can remember. It even worked with Galileo's Planet Pack (a far more resource-consuming mod) installed too, and a few utility mods. But it was taxing on the computer so there was no way I was going to install any further bunch of mods for any kind of playthrough.

1 hour ago, darwinpatrick said:

Quick question-

Are there additional detectable anomalies on the OPM worlds than the monoliths? I found one on Wal and I'm wondering if it's worth it to go down and investigate.(I have a full tech tree, nothing left to unlock)

If someone is going to answer this, please be sensitive and put in spoiler tags. :)

4 hours ago, darwinpatrick said:

Quick question-

Are there additional detectable anomalies on the OPM worlds than the monoliths? I found one on Wal and I'm wondering if it's worth it to go down and investigate.(I have a full tech tree, nothing left to unlock)

Where is the fun in telling you that? Why not just go explore? You said yourself that you have nothing left to do. At that point in your game, anything is worth doing if you are trying to keep the career going. 

Edited by Galileo

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Where is the fun in telling you that? Why not just go explore? You said yourself that you have nothing left to do. At that point in your game, anything is worth doing if you are trying to keep the career going.

Alright! Thanks for the advice! I'm off to explore!

On 25/07/2017 at 7:24 PM, Ramarren said:

To be more exact, the file GameData/OPM/KarboniteConfigs/MetalOre.cfg contains definitions for MetalOre, which is a resource specific to ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads. If that is not installed for whatever reason KerbNet breaks. Deleting MetalOre.cfg resolves that problem. Presumable the same applies for the whole folder if CRP is not installed.

I have also put planet maps under PluginData and adjusted the paths to point to them which resolved the texture load warning, but I think that was mostly harmless - the loader for planet maps is different than the main loader, which can't load grayscale textures. Other than that so far everything seems fine.

Great work and thank you so much for this! You just saved me a ton of work as I had the exact same issue.

@Galileo - Thanks for the 1.3 version!

I'm in the process of updating my game to 1.3, and I'm having some sort of conflict with your 1.3 version of OPM and Sigma Binary. I made sure I was using the 1.3 version, but when I start the game with both mods Jool is called Plock-Karen and the actual Plock-Karen system is not a binary. I'm using Linux. What could be causing that?

11 minutes ago, Zekario said:

@Galileo - Thanks for the 1.3 version!

I'm in the process of updating my game to 1.3, and I'm having some sort of conflict with your 1.3 version of OPM and Sigma Binary. I made sure I was using the 1.3 version, but when I start the game with both mods Jool is called Plock-Karen and the actual Plock-Karen system is not a binary. I'm using Linux. What could be causing that?

I have no clue. I have not seen that before

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.