[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

Just now, SupperRobin6394 said:

The one I got from the OP works for me in 1.3.

There are A LOT off issues with the OP version in 1.3.

11 minutes ago, Trekkie148 said:

Does it work for 1.3?

Read back 1 page...

Just now, Trekkie148 said:

Download of the folder please?

1 page back...

2 minutes ago, SupperRobin6394 said:

Didn't find a single one myself, actually

Ok, enjoy your issues. If there weren't any problems, why the heck would I have wasted my time updating it for 1.3???

Edited by Galileo

11 minutes ago, SupperRobin6394 said:

Didn't find a single one myself, actually

EDIT: I got it from CKAN, worth mentioning?

The version on CKAN is not for 1.3. When you see OPM-Galileo on CKAN, then it will be updated. Looking at you screenshots on SVT thread, you are looking at a lot of 1.2.2 mods though you are playing in 1.3. I highly recommend you only use 1.3 version of mods so you don't waste modders times by reporting issues by using outdated, unsupported versions

5 minutes ago, Galileo said:

The version on CKAN is not for 1.3. When you see OPM-Galileo on CKAN, then it will be updated. Looking at you screenshots on SVT thread, you are looking at a lot of 1.2.2 mods though you are playing in 1.3. I highly recommend you only use 1.3 version of mods so you don't waste modders times by reporting issues by using outdated, unsupported versions

I'm not reporting any issues to mods specifically unless I know which one it is and if it's 1.3 compatible.

I'm checking CKAN roughly every hour for that 1.3 version of you :P

My mods that are not listed for 1.3 below, got a total of 58 installed:

Community Terain Texture Pack
Contrack Pack: Interplanetary Mountaineer
Kerbal Aircraft Expension
OPT Space Plane Parts
Outer Planets Mod
Planet Cerillion
SpacetuxSA
Contract Pack: Grand Tours
RSC Build Aid

Edited by SupperRobin6394

1 hour ago, Galileo said:

OPM-Galileo is up on CKAN

What exactly is changed with custom barn kit? Is it noteworthy enough to suggest starting a new career game from scratch, if I were to install this planet pack?

Edited by Ivy

20 minutes ago, Ivy said:

What exactly is changed with custom barn kit? Is it noteworthy enough to suggest starting a new career game from scratch, if I were to install this planet pack?

OPM has practically required custom barn kit from the beginning. What it does, is extend the dsn ranges of the ground stations, which allows your satellites to remain in contact from the outer planets. Adding OPM to an extisting career should be perfectly fine.

Edited by Galileo

4 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Adding OPM to an extisting career should be perfectly fine.

For the record, I added OPM into my Emiko career game after it was about a year old in real time... and several years game time... and yes, like you said, it still worked fine.

Still does!  :)

Edited by Just Jim

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

OPM has practically required custom barn kit from the beginning. What it does, is extend the dsn ranges of the ground stations, which allows your satellites to remain in contact from the outer planets. Adding OPM to an extisting career should be perfectly fine.

Oh fantastic, I assumed there were science modifiers on by default or something.

e: Looks like there are actually. Not a custom barn kit thing, just module manager apparently. Right in the OP it is mentioned that the values are tweaked and instructions on how to disable it

Obviously won't be immediately harmful if you load it onto a save but something to keep in mind. (RIP my minmus science grab mission, only got about 2/3 of what I would have otherwise)

Edited by Ivy

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is a known bug or not but while in map view or the tracking station sometimes random orbit lines start generating and disappearing. It only happens at angles close to the orbital plane but when you are very zoomed in to the body they go away. I've been able to replicate it without any other mods installed and I can send a screenshot if you would like.

2 hours ago, VoltronAWK said:

I don't know if this is a known bug or not but while in map view or the tracking station sometimes random orbit lines start generating and disappearing. It only happens at angles close to the orbital plane but when you are very zoomed in to the body they go away. I've been able to replicate it without any other mods installed and I can send a screenshot if you would like.

Welcome to the forums! It's bug that effects the stock game as well but is made all the more apparent by Kopernicus. OPM in particular has nothing to do with this issue. Move along. :)

Edited by Three_Pounds

Sorry to ask this here but it seems nobody knows the answer. Any of you folks know how to extend the expiration time on contracts?

My contracts (stock and DMagic's at the moment) spawn with stock-like durations, which are not enough for OPM. So I was thinking the easiest way to solve this was accept the contracts and then just modify the persistent file to modify the dates. But I don't understand the format of the persistent file, there are no dates or number that could look like dates there as far as I can see.

8 hours ago, Rosco P. Coltrane said:

Sorry to ask this here but it seems nobody knows the answer. Any of you folks know how to extend the expiration time on contracts?

My contracts (stock and DMagic's at the moment) spawn with stock-like durations, which are not enough for OPM. So I was thinking the easiest way to solve this was accept the contracts and then just modify the persistent file to modify the dates. But I don't understand the format of the persistent file, there are no dates or number that could look like dates there as far as I can see.

Isn't that part of the challenge? The New Horizons trip to Pluto would take 50 years if they had used a Hohmann transfer.

2 hours ago, Jengaleng said:

Read through the last 5-10 pages or so and didn't see the question of compatibility with Astronomer's visual pack? 

Just curious if it will function correctly with AVP + KSPRC.

Thanks G, Great work on a great mod!

This doesn't modify any stock planets, but keep in mind that of course you also won't get any of the visual effects from those mods on the outer planes; their standard stock look is quite janky and low-fi in comparison.

There is a mod, Pood's OPM-VO, which adds SVE-style scatterer etc. enhancements to the outer planets, but it's only for 1.2.

Edited by Ivy

2 hours ago, Jengaleng said:

Read through the last 5-10 pages or so and didn't see the question of compatibility with Astronomer's visual pack? 

Just curious if it will function correctly with AVP + KSPRC.

Thanks G, Great work on a great mod!

Yes it works with it but since AVP + KSPRC is only for the stock planets, you won't see any clouds on the outer planets mod. You have to use another visual pack that adds clouds to OPM, which I don't think any of them have been updated for 1.3 yet...

ninja'd by @Ivy

Edited by Galileo

25 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Yes it works with it but since AVP + KSPRC is only for the stock planets, you won't see any clouds on the outer planets mod. You have to use another visual pack that adds clouds to OPM, which I don't think any of them have been updated for 1.3 yet...

ninja'd by @Ivy

Thanks Galileo and Ivy,

Although I'd appreciate the extra planets, I also want to keep the level of quality that AVP offers in anything else that I add. I've always loved OPM and hope that the maker of AVP can eventually support stock-a-like planet mods like this one. 

18 minutes ago, Jengaleng said:

Thanks Galileo and Ivy,

Although I'd appreciate the extra planets, I also want to keep the level of quality that AVP offers in anything else that I add. I've always loved OPM and hope that the maker of AVP can eventually support stock-a-like planet mods like this one. 

Well OPMVO is a really good visual mod for OPM, and a new version being worked. Just gotta wait it out.

UPDATE FOR OPM_Galileo

Change log

• Fixed Neidon and Nissee descriptions
  • Fixed smart quote symbols in science defs and descriptions (thanks terrabite3)
  • Changes to resource cfgs. KerbNet now works perfectly. (thanks @JadeOfMaar)

Download

(give CKAN a day or so to catch up to the changes)

Edited by Galileo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.