[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

I am having troubles with Tal. I sent a resource scanner probe there and started scanning. Shortly after, everything kind of went wrong. As soon as I enter map view, I no longer see any spaceships, there is no resource overlay and I can't get into other vessels.

Help? :(

Does this affect other OPM bodies too? And have you tried checking this on a separate clean install with only OPM and Kopernicus? I would appreciate it if I could know whether it will affect my scanner probes I am sending to Urlum (1 to Priax, 1 to Tal, two places where my larger mothership will refuel while it's lander is exploring the larger nearby body). It would be annoying if I sent a whole second mothership to Urlum just so it could bring virtually defunct stock scanner probes. Edited by LaytheDragon

Does this affect other OPM bodies too? And have you tried checking this on a separate clean install with only OPM and Kopernicus? I would appreciate it if I could know whether it will affect my scanner probes I am sending to Urlum (1 to Priax, 1 to Tal, two places where my larger mothership will refuel while it's lander is exploring the larger nearby body). It would be annoying if I sent a whole second mothership to Urlum just so it could bring virtually defunct stock scanner probes.

I have replicated the problem on another sandbox game on the same installation. Priax was fine, Tal delivered the same problem as described. So far I was able to scan Ovok, Priax, Nissee, Thatmo and Plock without incident. Haven't tried the others yet.

Tal is special since it is a moon of a moon. Maybe that has something to do with it? I would have to experiment further.

I don't think it's with Astronomer's Pack. That looks like Procedural Gas Giants taking a crap. Someone posted this same issue a few posts before yours. I think someone suggested updating Kopernicus and Kopernicus Expansion. Also, I'm not 100% sure that Astronomer's Pack and Procedural Gas Giants are compatible (someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

I couldn't upgrade Kopernicus and its Expansion because I think I already had the most up-to-date version, so I just uninstalled Kopernicus Expansion and the problem's now solved. Thanks for the tip about Kopernicus!

I don't think it's with Astronomer's Pack. That looks like Procedural Gas Giants taking a crap. Someone posted this same issue a few posts before yours. I think someone suggested updating Kopernicus and Kopernicus Expansion. Also, I'm not 100% sure that Astronomer's Pack and Procedural Gas Giants are compatible (someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

Personally, I'm using Astronomer's Visual Pack: Edge of Oblivion in combination with OPM's procedural gas giants config for Jool, and everything works fine. Also, I'm creating a custom EVE config and custom EVE textures for OPM, and so far they work fine with Procedural gas giants.

Will updating OPM cause problems with current missions to Neidon?

If your ship is already in Neidon's SOI, then I don't think it will. In your save file your craft is simply stated as 'orbiting Neidon'.

However, it might move the moons relative to Neidon or the planet itself (and the craft with it) relative to the sun, so I'd make a backup if I were you.

Here is a preview for my OPM Expansion Mod

nswVo9N.png

Say hello to T-Soni the comet, currently at periapse

5iFc92K.png

The most terrifying place to land...

ZRcha3A.png'

Due to a bug, you can't actually land on T-Soni without exploding. You can, however, thrust into the surface...

q1l8EhC.png

Sheploo will be added next :)

Here is a preview for my OPM Expansion Mod

http://i.imgur.com/nswVo9N.png

Say hello to T-Soni the comet, currently at periapse

http://i.imgur.com/5iFc92K.png

The most terrifying place to land...

http://i.imgur.com/ZRcha3A.png'

Due to a bug, you can't actually land on T-Soni without exploding. You can, however, thrust into the surface...

http://i.imgur.com/q1l8EhC.png

Sheploo will be added next :)

Oh my Kod! The sun is practically in your face! My goodness, the Kerbal you sent is being fried!

As cool as it is to be so close to Kerbol (cool? poor choice of words, TWG...), it is quite unrealistic: the sheer heat would melt the comet immediatly. Still, it looks amazing!

Edited by The White Guardian

I've got an interesting request for the mod maker, is there any chance you could get together with another mod maker and make urs compatible with kerbalgalaxy 2? It would be a very minor fix I think. Only problem is this mod in kerbalgalaxy 2 puts all the add on planets in the middle of the galaxy and not around kerbol.

I've got an interesting request for the mod maker, is there any chance you could get together with another mod maker and make urs compatible with kerbalgalaxy 2? It would be a very minor fix I think. Only problem is this mod in kerbalgalaxy 2 puts all the add on planets in the middle of the galaxy and not around kerbol.

Well, Kerbal Galaxy is not stable enough IMO. Try out Galactic Neighborhood, it adds many different planet packs to a star what makes it a sort of galaxy

Finalizing the update. I think a weekend release is possible.

I have just detected two anomolies in the sarnus system with my cassini orbiter, more investigation is in order!

Will there be easter eggs in the Neidon system?

In the end all bodies will have some easter egg or another, but at the moment I'm just focussing on getting all the planets/moons I want in the game.

@VASIMr cool pics

Has anyone else attempted a mission to these outer planets(specifically Sarnus) in the 6.4x rescale? I'm finding it to be a ridiculous challenge. Aside from gravity assists, which I'm having trouble with because my KSPTOT install is bugging out about a rescale and extra planets, I can't think of any way to complete the mission. I've got launch vehicles capable of direct injection, but I don't have enough delta-v to slow down. I know Cassini-Hyugens did an orbit insertion burn of 626 m/s, but this rescale, which is smaller than the actual solar system, is making me expend massive amounts of delta-v to enter orbit, even from an extremely high altitude, into a highly eccentric orbit, its anywhere from 1700-6000(most often closer to 6000) m/s. Ugh. Damn me and my love of realism mods.

I got a mission to explore Eeloo in the mission building... Is that for Eeloo the moon of Sarnus or Plock the planet that replaced Eeloo?

I looked for the question in the last few pages; but couldn't find it. Thanks.

Also, is there an updated dV map for the outer planets?

Edited by Fr8monkey

Update 1.8.1 is out now!

After a long, long wait, 1.8.1 is finally out. Biomes, science blurbs and a whole host of other small, but interesting, features can all be found in 1.8.1!

Downloads

1. Choose one of the two available mirrors for Outer Planets Mod (the CKAN version should get the update within the day, probably within a few hours)

FRO6RIX.png WhwiS8Y.png

2. Download Kopernicus, which is a third-party mode required for OPM to work

ypskWRz.png

This version of OPM was designed with Kopernicus 0.4.0 in mind. Keep this in mind.

Here's the full changelog:

-Add biomes to Thatmo and Nissee
-Added science blurbs for Thatmo and Nissee
-Added science blurbs to earlier bodies
-Added an actually working version of the AVC version file
-Updated resource configs for Community Resource Pack compatibility, courtesy of Olympic1
-Added discovery messages for the ResearchBodies mod, courtesy of Olympic1
-Rebalanced the time warp limits for the OPM bodies, courtesy of Olympic1
-Changed adiabatic index of OPMs atmospheric bodies for better FAR compatibility
-Fixed a spelling error in the description for Nissee
-Updated ModuleManager to version 2.6.8

The future

Here's what we have in store for the future:

• Reinvent the Plock system. No longer will it just be a carbon copy of Vall: Plock will receive a new look, based on the observations of the real Pluto by the New Horizons probe. It will also receive a Charon-analog called Karen, with which it will be in a binary configuration like the real Pluto and Charon.
  • Add atmospheric haze to Thatmo. Due to very small atmosphere, it's hard to get any atmospheric glow to appear. Future releases of Kopernicus should have more features that would allow me to finetune this glow/haze, so that will be implemented in the future.

Edited by CaptRobau

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.