[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

13 minutes ago, ToukieToucan said:

My tech tree is kind of weird now: some techs require a previous tech which isn't on the tech tree.

Atomic Age / OPM / Sigma / Kopernicus have been installed, help?

OPM shouldn't have a thing to do with the tech tree---Atomic Age would be a first bet.

1 hour ago, ToukieToucan said:

My tech tree is kind of weird now: some techs require a previous tech which isn't on the tech tree.

you can exclude OPM, Kopernicus, and any of my mods.

2 hours ago, ToukieToucan said:

If I had to guess, I would suspect a broken/missing install of Nertea's Community Tech Tree, which I think is a dependency for Atomic Age. 

2 hours ago, Pavel ☭ said:

It is confirmed that this mod does NOT work with EVE. Nevermind. I think the OPM visual enhancement mod caused it.

The opm visual enhancement mod is not updated to 1.1.3 and won't be until 1.2 at least. 

Quick update: I just finished building my new PC. After downloading the GPU drivers KSP loaded and ran like a dream. An easy 60 FPS with everything maxed out. At this point in development actively developing was a chore on my old computer. It took ages to load up the game plus mod, which is okay if you want to play for an extended period of time, but not if you want to test, quit, change something, restart and so on. Other related tasks also took forever. With my new PC running smoothly I can start developing again without being bored and frustrated within 5 minutes. Give me a week too get up to speed though, as I've been dying to play GTA V which was unplayable on my old computer.

After that, start looking forward to a OPM 2.1 update that solves all the issues that have accumulated over the past months as well as some actual progress on Inner Planets Mod.

8 minutes ago, CaptRobau said:

After that, start looking forward to a OPM 2.1[...]

Far be it from me to discourage a speedy update to a mod, but since KSP 1.2 is in QA now, are you planning on holding off on releasing any OPM 2.1 update until the new KSP releases to save yourself potentially having to update twice in a row?

55 minutes ago, Merkov said:

Far be it from me to discourage a speedy update to a mod, but since KSP 1.2 is in QA now, are you planning on holding off on releasing any OPM 2.1 update until the new KSP releases to save yourself potentially having to update twice in a row?

In general OPM doesn't need to worry about KSP updates - it needs to worry about Kopernicus updates.

Hi, everyone. Sometimes I make KSP videos about planet packs. I do it just for fun, I don't want to make videos regularly. But yesterday I decided to find a planet pack and send something to a distant world. I found Outer Planets... And I liked it. So... I just made a video, guys.

Now I'm planning a manned mission to this icy moon, so I ask you for ideas (ship design, other places to go, maybe some other stuff). CaptRobau, need your opinion, too. Maybe you want me to take a ship somewhere else...

P.S. English isn't my native language, sorry for all the grammar and/or spelling mistakes.

-Vovacat17

3 minutes ago, DaElite101 said:

Do the moons have varying amounts of ore? Also, can you collide with the rings or are they purely aesthetic?

The rings are aesthetic only and I don't think the ore amount varies but I could be wrong

On September 1, 2016 at 7:11 PM, CaptRobau said:

Give me a week too get up to speed though, as I've been dying to play GTA V which was unplayable on my old computer.

Yeah... We'll give you a month or two... I know better! :sticktongue::rolleyes::wink:

On September 3, 2016 at 7:35 PM, DaElite101 said:

Do the moons have varying amounts of ore? Also, can you collide with the rings or are they purely aesthetic?

The rings are aesthetic only and I don't think the ore amount varies but I could be wrong

Is it possible to spawn a "prodigious" number of asteroids within the rings? Basically, always perfectly match the ring/planet inclination, and have the periapsis and apoapsis bounds be the inner and outer bounds of the rings. Eccentricity should be near or always circular. I think if an asteroid manages to spawn in an orbit that could intersect a moon in the rings... Cool! Why not let objects collide.

Or maybe it already does this, and I missed it... I've said in the past. OPM is my reward (and incentive to hurry up) for finishing my desk mounted "cockpit" style controller.

Edited by richfiles

Just now, thedarkplayer said:

Is this mod compatible with 1.1.3?
Does this mod replace stock planets or only add the new ones?

The mod IS compatible with 1.1.3, tried it, it works  just fine for me.

This mod adds planets beyond Jool. The only thing it replaces is Eeloo's position: now it's not a dwarf planet, it's a moon of a gas giant.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.