[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

I recommend putting Deadly Reentry in the incompatible list.

It is literally impossible to enter gas giants' atmospheres with that mod. I've tried it now with Urlum and partial destruction occurs. Just like with Sarnus, the probe will deccelerate below Mach 1 and then fall down at ever decreasing speed.

Whether this happens with Tekto, I don't know yet.

CaptRobau, I'm working on a small expansion to OPM that will add, among other things, a Triton-like moon to Neidon that's also like the planned Fonso, as well as some TNOS and centaurs.

When I release it could you make a link to it in the OP, as well as making a link to my BA config when it's done?

Great news! Of course I'll add it when it's done.

Congrats on the new release guys!

Thank you very much. It was a ride getting everything to work, switching to the new way of handling terrain, doing an ocean body, etc. All lots of new experiences and skills that will be put to even better use in future updates.

Here is a conversion config for the people using Edge of Oblivion:

Download

It includes the Tekto config.

Edit for instructions:

Locate your KSP folder and go to GameData > BoulderCo > Clouds and delete the GasGiants and Tekto config files. Drop the downloaded cloudsOPM file in their place. Profit.

Thanks.

Tekto is now my favorite planet. With the Astronomer's clouds it has all the ambiance of a descent to Eve, without the unforgiving gravity. Might I suggest giving it an aurora? I'm working on a lightning config as well, if it turns out and anyone is interested I'll post it.

I have to agree with you, with the clouds it is truly staggering. However, although it is green, it is ultimately a Titan analogue and the moon Titan itself does not have a magnetic field thus rendering it incapable of producing an aurora. But the sound of a lightning config sounds great!

For some reason, when my probe splashed down on Tekto, it teleported to Plock...

That is very strange. They share absolutely nothing, no celestial body or template body.

Quick question, does the new version still conflict with Kerbal Engineer? New moon looks fantastic, keep up the good work. :D

Don't know haven't gotten to that yet.

I recommend putting Deadly Reentry in the incompatible list.

It is literally impossible to enter gas giants' atmospheres with that mod. I've tried it now with Urlum and partial destruction occurs. Just like with Sarnus, the probe will deccelerate below Mach 1 and then fall down at ever decreasing speed.

Whether this happens with Tekto, I don't know yet.

Yeah, I've seen enough mentions of DRE incompatibility to make it official. Thanks.

Brilliant work! The descent through the clouds of Tekto was breathtaking :D
Tekto is now my favorite planet. With the Astronomer's clouds it has all the ambiance of a descent to Eve, without the unforgiving gravity. Might I suggest giving it an aurora? I'm working on a lightning config as well, if it turns out and anyone is interested I'll post it.

Lightning, I wasn't aware that possible. Can't wait to see it.

I just wanted to say that last night Teknoman released a new version of Kopernicus fixing a few bugs, one major one being the biome problem.

As of right now Biomes are working as they should be with Kopernicus with the latest release. Five pages of comments and no one has mentioned this yet so I thought I'd let everyone know.

Shame to hear about the DRE. We're gonna need to figure out the atmosphere multiplier settings to figure that one out I think. I can't imagine playing KSP without DRE.

Lightning, I wasn't aware that possible. Can't wait to see it.

It's one of the optional features in AVP, which gives it to all the rocky planets with atmosphere (Kerbin, Laythe, Eve and Duna). I figured Tekto fit in with that group, so I thought I'd try and add it.

If you have setup the lightning for the stock planets, paste the following under "CLOUD_LAYER_PACK{" in the No.4 lightning config, and you should see it on Tekto as well.

CLOUD_LAYER

{

SAVED

{

body = Tekto

altitude = 8000

volume = False

color

{

r = 15

g = 15

b = 25

a = 10

}

main_texture

{

file = BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/lightning

scale = 1

offset

{

x = 0.3052678

y = 0

}

speed

{

x = -3E-05

y = 0

}

}

detail_texture

{

file = BoulderCo/Clouds/Textures/lightning

scale = 0.1

offset

{

x = 0.3052678

y = 0

}

speed

{

x = 0.1333333

y = 0.2

}

}

scaled_shader_floats

{

falloffPower = 4

falloffScale = 3.5

detailDistance = 0

minimumLight = -0.4

fadeDistance = 5

rimDistance = 1

}

shader_floats

{

falloffPower = 4

falloffScale = 3.5

detailDistance = 0

minimumLight = -0.4

fadeDistance = 5

rimDistance = 0.0001

}

}

}

I also setup a quick aurora, but it's green and contrasts poorly with the planet.

Edit:

I have to agree with you, with the clouds it is truly staggering. However, although it is green, it is ultimately a Titan analogue and the moon Titan itself does not have a magnetic field thus rendering it incapable of producing an aurora. But the sound of a lightning config sounds great!

You're right, I forgot! Well 86 the aurora, believe me it did not look good anyway.

Edited by Starbuckminsterfullerton

I just wanted to say that last night Teknoman released a new version of Kopernicus fixing a few bugs, one major one being the biome problem.

As of right now Biomes are working as they should be with Kopernicus with the latest release. Five pages of comments and no one has mentioned this yet so I thought I'd let everyone know.

Shame to hear about the DRE. We're gonna need to figure out the atmosphere multiplier settings to figure that one out I think. I can't imagine playing KSP without DRE.

Hadn't noticed that, mostly because it turned out to be pretty silent update on Teknoman's part. Awesome news!

Don't know haven't gotten to that yet.

Yeah, I've seen enough mentions of DRE incompatibility to make it official. Thanks

I've been playing with it this evening, I was able to explore all of Sarnus's moons without any issues, and landed something on Tekto (I have DR installed, and I had no heating issues). However, I did have the NaN-Kraken show up when I attempted to Hyperedit a craft there. So, it doesn't seem to pop-up all the time, but it seems there still is KER issues.

I've been playing with it this evening, I was able to explore all of Sarnus's moons without any issues, and landed something on Tekto (I have DR installed, and I had no heating issues). However, I did have the NaN-Kraken show up when I attempted to Hyperedit a craft there. So, it doesn't seem to pop-up all the time, but it seems there still is KER issues.

I'm still getting Kerbal Engineer failure as soon as I leave Kerbin SOI. It's a clean install, first save.

One thing I noticed with Tekto was the lack of visible atmosphere without using EVE. Is this a technical issue that we haven't figured out just yet? One reason I haven't bothered trying to create atmo planets myself was I couldn't seem to get the atmosphere to show up visually like it does on Duna and Eve. Kind of bummer to land on what is supposed to be a thick atmosphere, only to have a crystal clean view into space.

One thing I noticed with Tekto was the lack of visible atmosphere without using EVE. Is this a technical issue that we haven't figured out just yet? One reason I haven't bothered trying to create atmo planets myself was I couldn't seem to get the atmosphere to show up visually like it does on Duna and Eve. Kind of bummer to land on what is supposed to be a thick atmosphere, only to have a crystal clean view into space.

Don't worry, the atmo appears when you get close to it. I think.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.