[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

On 29/06/2017 at 8:55 PM, Exposure said:

Is there anything in particular I should keep an eye out for? Decided to see if it would work in 1.3 and it seems ok so far, nothing particular out of place or whacky going on that I would expect from a planet pack integration gone poorly, but it's been a while since I played KSP, so I may be ignoring something obvious to others.

I'm also very keen to know how OPM is working in 1.3, using the latest 1.3 Kopernicus. Have you encountered any more oddities in your testing? Am very keen to make the jump to 1.3, and this is the only mod still holding me back.

On 2017/7/5 at 5:34 PM, trias702 said:

I'm also very keen to know how OPM is working in 1.3, using the latest 1.3 Kopernicus. Have you encountered any more oddities in your testing? Am very keen to make the jump to 1.3, and this is the only mod still holding me back.

I just try to play OPM in KSP 1.3.

And I think I encounter a problem or bug.

The KerbNet is broken now, and it worked before I installed the OPM.

Thus, I am sure it is caused by OPM.

The error message on the KerbNet is:

KerbNet is Offline.

Please ensure that you are accessing KerbNet with a compatible scanning mode.

On the other hand, Ore scanners are all ok.

I think I missing some mod for biome map.

Maybe I need to install SCANsat.

Edited by huangth

On 9/7/2017 at 11:59 AM, huangth said:

I just try to play OPM in KSP 1.3.

And I think I encounter a problem or bug.

The KerbNet is broken now, and it worked before I installed the OPM.

Thus, I am sure it is caused by OPM.

The error message on the KerbNet is:

KerbNet is Offline.

Please ensure that you are accessing KerbNet with a compatible scanning mode.

On the other hand, Ore scanners are all ok.

I think I missing some mod for biome map.

Maybe I need to install SCANsat.

thoes the bug happens only in opm planets

o and look if you have a connection with kerbin via kerbnet

if you dont have the probe connected Kerbnet will not function

On 2017/7/11 at 3:29 AM, KerbolExplorer said:

thoes the bug happens only in opm planets

o and look if you have a connection with kerbin via kerbnet

if you dont have the probe connected Kerbnet will not function

I do have connection with Kerbin by relay networks, but the KerbNet is still broken.

I go for SCANsat mod, and it is much more powerful than KerbNet.

Despite the KerbNet problem, OPM is playable in KSP 1.3.

And I highly recommend it.

Edited by huangth

2 minutes ago, Starslinger999 said:

Oh. Was seeing people complaining about Kerbnet and Research Bodies and such.

Well research bodies is a add on, and OPM is playable without it. Yes, it needs its cfg updated. Also, OPM needs to be brought up to speed with localization. Some names with me missing and may look weird in the GUI. But besides that, OPM works fine.

Edited by Galileo

I will be releasing a 1.3 compatible version to include localization this evening, until capt robau decides to continue development. The localization is done (excluding ResearchBodies) and I have added some support for other mods. I won't be home until this evening though to release it. 

Here is OPM for 1.3

This is a version of OPM maintained by Galileo
This version of Outer Planets Mod is for KSP version 1.3
I will host this version until CaptRobau takes it over, or if he wants it taken down.

This version works for Macs, Linux, and PC. No yellow moire effect.

Change log

• Updated for KSP 1.3
  • Completed necessary localization (en-us)
    • Covers displayName, Descriptions and ScienceDefs
    • Does NOT cover ResearchBodies (maybe in the future)
  • Fixed Urlum's and Sarnus' rings for Kopernicus' ring shader
  • Enabled Kopernicus' ring shader ^ hey whatta ya know?
  • Added support for KopernicusExpansions footprints on all rocky bodies

If you want to contribute to the localization effort, it would be greatly appreciated by CaptRobau, no doubt.
I could only do English, because well, I'm a lazy American that only speaks one language! :D 

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Galileo

Hello @ all,

i like to use outerplanets mod, but if i use it i have on the Terrain some (i don´t know the right words in english) edge or border. If i drive with a Rover it gets a kick at it and fliped around. many times it get broken or land on the Roof.

I tried to uninstall outer planet and it is fine

What can i do against this issue?

greetings

M4ssler

On 13.07.2017 at 11:03 AM, Galileo said:

Here is OPM for 1.3

Galileo for President!!!

i can finally upgrade to 1.3 (once I come back from holidays, that is)

Edited by Raphaello

On 2017-7-13 at 9:03 AM, Galileo said:

Here is OPM for 1.3

This version of Outer Planets Mod is for KSP version 1.3
I will host this version until CaptRobau takes it over, or if he wants it taken down.

This version works for Macs, Linux, and PC. No yellow moire effect.

Is this written for a specific release of Kopernicus ?

Just to confirm works fine on 1.3 for me - with the exception of KerbNET access is gone.

Have plenty of mods loaded - but KerbNET pops back on/off when OPM is uninstalled/installed.

Wouldn't let that put you off though - ScanSAT is a far more realistic and enjoyable cartography experience anyway!

@nickicool - can't confirm as I haven't gotten out to an actual outer planet yet, but as mod description describes: -

• Explore 17 highly detailed planets and moons, all in a stock-a-like artstyle

• Discover never before seen worlds, such as a subsatellite, Trojan moon or a set of binary bodies

• Collect science in over 140 biomes, with almost a thousand unique science blurbs

• Custom terrain textures and improved ground scatter has made planets and moons never look so good up close

• A full set of KSPedia entries for OPM’s various bodies helps you to navigate the far reaches of the Kerbol system

• Extensive third-party mod integration means you can play OPM with a whole range of other mods

Kudo's to original mod maker & those giving of their time to maintain it!

Edited by Keefe

Texture load error in 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\OPM_Textures\Karen_height.dds'

Texture load error in 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\OPM_Textures\Nissee_height.dds'

Texture load error in 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\OPM_Textures\Ovok_height.dds'

Texture load error in 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\OPM_Textures\Plock_height.dds'

Texture load error in 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\OPM_Textures\Polta_height.dds'

Texture load error in 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\OPM_Textures\Priax_height.dds'

Texture load error in 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\OPM_Textures\Slate_height.dds'

Texture load error in 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\OPM_Textures\Tal_height.dds'

Texture load error in 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\OPM_Textures\Tekto_height.dds'

Texture load error in 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\OPM_Textures\Thatmo_height.dds'

Texture load error in 'D:\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\OPM_Textures\Wal_height.dds'

Just found.

I'm forcing DX11.

Hi there, @Galileo or possibly @CaptRobau Linux x64 user here - reporting a game-breaking bug every time running this mod (and nothing else).  Fresh install, fresh download of OPM, latest version of Kopernicus, game hangs on the loading screen before the opening menu can even come up.  Not the screen with the pictures and talking about module manager and parts etc, but the fraction of a second later where the screen goes black and the Loading... icon appear with the spinny planets just before the main menu appears.

[snip]

Here's a snippet from KSP.log - a pathing issue maybe? it's trying to find GameData on my desktop, which is definitely not where it lives.  Linux is extra finicky about filenames and paths...

I'm happy to upload the whole thing if that helps, or any other Linux troubleshooting that may be necessary.  Or even better maybe you can just tell me I messed up something while installing? :)

Edit: posted my very first bug report on github (probably completely wrong)

Edited by Vanamonde
Removed log file.

1 hour ago, Jetski said:

Hi there, @Galileo or possibly @CaptRobau Linux x64 user here - reporting a game-breaking bug every time running this mod (and nothing else).  Fresh install, fresh download of OPM, latest version of Kopernicus, game hangs on the loading screen before the opening menu can even come up.  Not the screen with the pictures and talking about module manager and parts etc, but the fraction of a second later where the screen goes black and the Loading... icon appear with the spinny planets just before the main menu appears.

Here's a snippet from KSP.log - a pathing issue maybe? it's trying to find GameData on my desktop, which is definitely not where it lives.  Linux is extra finicky about filenames and paths...

I'm happy to upload the whole thing if that helps, or any other Linux troubleshooting that may be necessary.  Or even better maybe you can just tell me I messed up something while installing? :)

Edit: posted my very first bug report on github (probably completely wrong)

This seems to be a common thing for Linux users and the latest kopernicus. It's out of my hands unfortunately. I'll double check everything, though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.