Lander Parts Pack for MK1/MK2 Cans

-ctn-

Hello everyone!

This is my first mod created for KSP, and the first mod for a PC game I've done in nearly four years. It's been a while!

I wanted to release a few parts I've created for the MK1 sized lander can. I tried to make them as stock-alike as possible.

If you download these parts, please give me feedback! I would love to hear what anyone thinks of them.

screenshot21.png:D

Parts -

MK1 Lander Fuel Tank

A big fuel tank styled after the Apollo LEM's descent stage. There's a recess in the bottom to allow the engine to be mostly covered. The mission flag is also toggle-able.

Dust Plume Deflector

One of the things that I thought gives the LEM it's recognizable silhouette were these little pieces. They are found under the Aerodynamics tab and they add nothing to the craft except looks. I like them!

Radially-Attachable Fuel Tank

Contains as much fuel as a Round-8 tank but styled after an Oscar-B, this fuel tank was designed to hang on the MK1 lander can to help make it look more "Apollo." Could also be useful for probes or rovers, I would imagine.

UPDATE (1/5/2015)

I've also made a version of the fuel tank for the MK2 sized lander can (Rockomax sized.)

I also added a line to the .CFG file for the Oscar-B Radial tank for FuelCrossfeed - on my game it wasn't working correctly (although the previous version *did* work when I initially tested it)

mk2tank.png

MK2 Lander Fuel Tank

A big fuel tank styled after the shape of the Apollo LEM's descent stage. There's a recess in the bottom to allow the engine to be partially covered. The mission flag is also toggle-able.

License

Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

You may copy and redistribute, modify or change any of the contained files as long

as credit is given to "-ctn-" and "Squad," any changes to the original files

are indicated, the material is not used for commercial purposes, and you use the

same license.

That's all for now! Thanks!

Download

Download from Curse

Edited by -ctn-

Yes, the license is included in the download file.

I'm glad you guys like it! This is a very fun hobby for me.

I don't want to post up a "list" of my planned projects as I know that tends to lead to false hopes and whatnot, but hopefully I'll have some new things up fairly regularly.

Yes, the license is included in the download file.

I'm glad you guys like it! This is a very fun hobby for me.

I don't want to post up a "list" of my planned projects as I know that tends to lead to false hopes and whatnot, but hopefully I'll have some new things up fairly regularly.

The license also has to be in the first post of the thread as well.

Great stuff. I like the gold foil myself, it's got a taste of Apollo and that's cool. I have always wondered why there were no MK1 lander-ish fuel tanks stock.

Nitpicking, Just was not as much fuel as I would like in the can. It's about the same volume as the Libra/LK Lander Tank from Tanteres, and that's got 90/110 which works out great for a fully loaded MK1 can and this. Just a suggestion.

Again, great stuff, thanks for sharing with us!

-ctn-, just finished a run to mun with your gorgeous little lander, had a BLAST!

Good size, the fuel tanks work right, leaves you JUST enough to do what you need to do but still sweat it. Amazing job!

BB14EBF681ADCAA18C1B3798DFB03432623FDD12

Love the idea, its small and simple so it doesn't make much of a RAM imprint, just makes little moon landers feel more "fun"! Would love to see more by you in this vein!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.