[0.90] Kerbal RPN Calculator - Update 1.3

ridecar2

UPDATE: 1.4 Released, works in 1.0 now!

Hi all,

This is my first release on here but welcome to the Kerbal RPN Calculator... a simple calculator to be used in KSP.

XkqMMss.png

Download: http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/226365-kerbal-rpn-calculator

Source: https://github.com/ridecar2/KSPRPNCalc

License: GNU GPL v3

This mod includes version checking using MiniAVC. If you opt-in, it will use the internet to check whether there is a new version available. Data is only read from the internet and no personal information is sent. For a more comprehensive version checking experience, please download the KSP-AVC Plugin.

Let me know what you all think please!

Edited by ridecar2
New Release

erm... what does an RPN calculator do?

Results of calculations (or entering) are pushed into the stack from top to bottom (the four cells in the stack are displayed in the calculator). You perform operations on the bottom to items on the stack. The advantage is that you don't need parenthesis, so you can't forget to enter them either. For instance, 5×7+3×39 is entered as 5, [enter], 7, [×] (multiplying 5 and 7), 3, [enter] (note how 35 is now pushed up on the stack), 39, [×] (multiplying 39 and 3), [+] (adding 117 and the previously calculated 35)

Once you get used to it it's a lot easier to use than an algebraic calculator with parenthesis when you have calculations with fractions in it (as you do in orbital mechanics).

erm... what does an RPN calculator do?

It let you do type long equation without using parenthesis (when you re used to it)

To add 2 and 3 on an RPN you type 2 3 +

Can we get an full HP 48 emulation ? :D

Edit : and I forgot to refresh before replying ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Beautiful! Can you add an ex button and a "x<->y" button? (EDIT: never mind, you titled it "swap")

Pretty please with a cherry on top?

An ex button should come with the next update is now included, please let me know what other functions you think are important too.

In other news, a new update with an "Engine Information" button that will bring up a new window where you can select the ISP of any engine at sea level or in space (for every mode in the case of multi mode engines) and it will be pushed onto the stack.

Kerbal RPN Calculator 1.2 Released.

Mainly code organisation changes but ex sneaked in to this release! Please test it for me and report anything you don't like.

Edited by ridecar2
New Release

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.