Make a wish... and have it horribly corrupted!

vexx32

Granted. However, the Universal Law and Rights Enforcement Committee takes notice of this case and decides to revoke all effects of your wish, as they believe everyone is entitled to their wishes. Following the overruling of your wish, you're thrown into a star that is going supernova as punishment for your cruelty.

I wish that it was less light-polluted and cloudy around here at night.

Granted, but the freak mutation that made them red also allowed them to survive on land. Within months, thousands die because they stepped on the fish while texting, playing games in the park or even taking a brisk jog.

As the death tolls rise, stonefish begin reproducing in the sewers, and soon, there is a massive plague of the nasty buggers, all crawling through the grass and searching for invertebrates.

While the population is eventually controlled, a few fish remain in the sewers. They gradually multiply until tens of thousands burst out of manholes and, in some cases, toilets. This outburst kills hundreds more. The population is again controlled, but the same thing happens again several years later. And again. And again.

Eventually, many move out of near-costal cities. This mass migration devastates costal infrastructure and costs billions, but the stonefish creep further and further inland.

Stonefish-proof boots become common, and people learn to avoid the fish. ("Step on Red, You'll be Dead!") Life become almost normal for a time...

and then this land survival trait spreads to moray eels.

Sorry if that was a little dark. :D

I wish that I could see the Milky Way from where I live...