Rover design work in progress

Squiggy88

Just thought I'd get some one elses opinion on this design. Simple, small and good for many things.

Comes equipped with:

- RCS

- Dual rockets on the back

- solar/battery

- External command pod thing

- monoprop

- fuel

- goo canisters

- thermometer

- barometer

- lights

- landing mechanism

- parachutes (you never know...)

tested landing in atmosphere and in vaccuum, both work quite well.. with my basic transporter that I'm still stuck on designing. Any suggestions? :)

roverlab-1.png

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo138/Trav0370/roverlab-1.png

roverlaunch-1.png

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo138/Trav0370/roverlaunch-1.png

launched1-1.png

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo138/Trav0370/launched1-1.png

launched2-1.png

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo138/Trav0370/launched2-1.png

Edited by Squiggy88

Oh, right, the internet.. forgot, get bashed when I do something that seems obvious to others. Clearly this wasn't intended to be a "new idea" topic, but for my own specific project. But thanks for the kind words.

Actually, originally your post was stuck in the moderation que because you're new to the forums so until the moderators marked your post as OK, all everyone else seen was a topic with no message or post, AKA a blank post.

After the Mods marked your post as being ok, it appeared above ours.

Check around the forums, I doubt you'll find anyone bashing anyone over what seems obvious. This community is generally pretty helpful and supportive of new players so don't be too quick to rush to judgement.

Oh, right, the internet.. forgot, get bashed when I do something that seems obvious to others. Clearly this wasn't intended to be a "new idea" topic, but for my own specific project. But thanks for the kind words.

Hi Squiggy88,

I don't think anyone meant to bash you. As Keldaria said, new users go through a period of time where your posts need to be approved by a moderator (to ensure you aren't a robot). And the posts above I think were meant to be lighthearted at the fact that your original post wasn't showing. So I'm sorry if you took offense.

It's not actually a new user posting a new thread that causes this confusion (as Keldaria explained). When a new user posts a new thread, the thread is hidden until approved by a moderator, so nobody else sees anything weird.

What actually happened in here is that you made a post, which was approved, then made an edit to your post. Because you edited it, your post went back into the queue but the thread was still visible. When it happens that way, the thread is seen by others, but they can't see the post. That's what all the confusion is about.

Soon your posts won't go in the queue anymore, and this sort of confusion won't happen.

By the way, your rover looks pretty cool. Sort of an organic look to it.

Welcome to the forums! :D

Cheers,

~Claw

It's not actually a new user posting a new thread that causes this confusion (as Keldaria explained). When a new user posts a new thread, the thread is hidden until approved by a moderator, so nobody else sees anything weird.

What actually happened in here is that you made a post, which was approved, then made an edit to your post. Because you edited it, your post went back into the queue but the thread was still visible. When it happens that way, the thread is seen by others, but they can't see the post. That's what all the confusion is about.

Thanks for the better explanation. I knew it had something to do with the moderator que and that makes much more sense since I never remembered VBulletin behaving that way on any of the forums I admin, but then again I normally don't have this kind of setup that attracts enough attention to actually need to put a moderator que into place so I must admit my experience with that aspect of Vbulletin is somewhat limited to basic functionality of it all =)

Thanks for all the clarification. All is well then.

Very nice rover. Download link?

Inigma, as for the link to download - is there a preferred web site to host the craft files as the forums don't seem to promote it. I've since created a launcher that can get it out onto duna, however it is quite a ridiculous monstrosity which kind of takes away from the effort put into the rover. Hoping to come up with something better soon.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.