Struts Changing?

So whenever I put a strut down on my ship, it obviously looks like a strut. But, when I try and launch the ship, on the run way the strut looks like a...well let me just show you the pictures. (If I did it right...)

In the SPH:

lp4Y57E.jpg

On the runway:

QYhu3i2.jpg

Edited by ZtheCdr

Uhg. I had a feeling that was going to happen. Could you please tell me how to do it? Thanks.

You're using URL tags instead of IMG ones. That's all you need to fix.

EDIT:

It looks like your strut turned into a... is that a Stayputnik probe core?

You may want to start with a fresh install of the game.

Wow. Yes, that is exactly what that is. That's got to be one of the funniest bugs I've seen. How.... Just how.

Edited by armagheddonsgw

It looks like your strut turned into a... is that a Stayputnik probe core?

You may want to start with a fresh install of the game.

This. This... I don't know what this is, but it doesn't happen normally. Something tells me the game installation messed up, because this is a VERY weird bug.

@OP regarding broken image link: You *almost* posted it right, but instead of posting the link to the imgur site itself, you had to put in the img URL (Obtained by right clicking the image on the imgur site itself, and it should say something like "Copy Image URL". In this case, the image URL for the weird stayputnik core image was http://i.imgur.com/450qWb7.jpg, and the other picture was http://i.imgur.com/Xi3ZcDa.jpg. Then, wrap those in IMG ([ IMG ] and [ /IMG ], without spaces) tags, and it should appear normally.

Wait, in the SPH, that part isn't a probe core apparently, its named "EAS-4 Strut Connecter" which is exactly what I was trying to actually put down. Also, the 3 mods I have are Tweak Scale, Infernal Robotics, and Kerbal Attachment System.

Some way I can go into the file, and somehow fix this manually?

Edited by ZtheCdr

Mmmm. Modded install on a recent KSP update.

I think this add-on support might be a better home.

I would recommend maybe trying without the mods first,then add them one at a time to see what happens.

Good luck,

~Claw

Wait, in the SPH, that part isn't a probe core apparently, its named "EAS-4 Strut Connecter" which is exactly what I was trying to actually put down. Also, the 3 mods I have are Tweak Scale, Infernal Robotics, and Kerbal Attachment System.

Some way I can go into the file, and somehow fix this manually?

Try doing a totally clean install of KSP (wipe everything), but make sure you grab your save file first. (KSP/saves/<mysave> - get the whole folder) and then installing the most up to date (release) version of those mods. The problem is most likely some very strange confusion going on in the code and nothing to do with your craft file, but of course that could be broken as well.

I have finally solved it, thanks to you guys! All of you were correct, I did have to re-install the game. Thank you everyone for all you're help! I'm sure everyone agrees that this bug was very weird. (And annoying!)

Edited by ZtheCdr
Added Sentence.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.