Permanent contracts??

montyben101

So currently I haven't even landed on the mun yet (I use station science so im making a small space station) and now I have 3 permanent contracts. One to explore minmus and the two others to explore duna??!! This makes no sense as I haven't even landed on the mun yet! Is there a way I can delete them in the config?

If you delete them, you probably won't get them back... But you don't have to accept them until you're ready to launch (or even until you're in orbit)!

And Station Science is good, but the modules are heavy as hell - it's easier to get a kerbal to Mun and Minmus than it is to lift the basic station module into LKO. Remember we did Apollo before Mir or the ISS :)

But Apollo massed at more than 100 tons in LEO...

Yeah, but early KSP tech will get you to Mun for 25t at launch :) Meanwhile Station Science's core module is 15t and designed for a 2.5m launch stage (or bigger)... Moving that to LKO is harder than getting a 1 man pod to Mun and back!

The achievement contracts are the 'main quest' of KSP

Yep, you can't decline it because the game really really wants to nudge you in that direction and doesn't want you to forget that other planets exist beyond Kerbin's SOI :) Everything else is randomly generated, but these ones are scripted and immutable. If you haven't upgraded your admin building yet, just don't accept them until you're ready to do them.

But there's 20 or so slots for contracts, so even if you let the permanent ones hang around, you'll rarely have less than 17 others either available or accepted. Should be plenty to work with :)

Yeah, but early KSP tech will get you to Mun for 25t at launch :) Meanwhile Station Science's core module is 15t and designed for a 2.5m launch stage (or bigger)... Moving that to LKO is harder than getting a 1 man pod to Mun and back!

Really? Then why can my 13 ton craft at launch make it to the Mun and Minmus? I must be doing it wrong then.

Really? Then why can my 13 ton craft at launch make it to the Mun and Minmus? I must be doing it wrong then.

Depends on what you bring, and how efficient you are.

Newer players are usually less efficient, and thus need to bring more fuel, and thus more mass. Science parts also add mass, and mass to left that mass, ect

Hey, I like the "explore" contracts. They pay out well, certainly enough to afford at the very least a robotic lander probe mission. Sometimes you can get lucky and get contracts to explore Jool, Pol and Bop at the same time. THAT was one profitable mission. :) You can also mix and match with other contracts at the same time.

Depends on what you bring, and how efficient you are.

Newer players are usually less efficient, and thus need to bring more fuel, and thus more mass. Science parts also add mass, and mass to left that mass, ect

So true. But, at least we are here to show them that it is possible to do with less.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.