how to complete satellite position contract?

1. how close the current orbit of the satellite have to be to the specified orbit to complete the contract?

2. i putted batteries instead of solar panels cuze i didnt researched them yet. is it accepted as a "power" for the contract?

3. the first condition of the contract is "launch an unmanned satellite..." and its never green. when will it be accepted? its not clear how do i supposed to do that...:huh:

1. how close the current orbit of the satellite have to be to the specified orbit to complete the contract?

"Reasonable" is something like within 5% I've heard.

2. i putted batteries instead of solar panels cuze i didnt researched them yet. is it accepted as a "power" for the contract?

No, batteries are not acceptable. You must use solar panels or an RTG (or some other power source - mod items might work)

3. the first condition of the contract is "launch an unmanned satellite..." and its never green. when will it be accepted? its not clear how do i supposed to do that...:huh:

An unmanned satellite is a probe. The condition is actually "Launch a new unmanned probe that has power and an antenna". Until all 3 parts of that are complete, the check will not appear. You'll need to use Stayputnik or one of the other probe cores (warning: stayputnik does not have SAS or torque on its own).

"Reasonable" is something like within 5% I've heard.

No, batteries are not acceptable. You must use solar panels or an RTG (or some other power source - mod items might work)

An unmanned satellite is a probe. The condition is actually "Launch a new unmanned probe that has power and an antenna". Until all 3 parts of that are complete, the check will not appear. You'll need to use Stayputnik or one of the other probe cores (warning: stayputnik does not have SAS or torque on its own).

what is the 5% exactly? 5% of what?

So i need to put renewable resource?

I used the Okto probe for my first satellite, thanks. Is 'staying stable' means the orbit or the orientation of the probe?

So i need to put renewable resource?

I used the Okto probe for my first satellite, thanks. Is 'staying stable' means the orbit or the orientation of the probe?

In my experience, if the two orbits looks almost on top of each other in map view, that is close enough for any satellite contract.

'Staying stable' is just no control inputs for 10 seconds.

I would imagine it means Pe/Ap/inclination/orientation (i.e. where periapsis is) are each within 5% of the target, but as I said I've only heard that; you would probably have to ask Arsonide exactly how it works. I do know the margins are quite flexible though.

Yes, you need a renewable power source.

The "staying stable" thing is a bit of a weird one; it doesn't seem to care at all if the satellite is rotating, you're using controls, firing its engine, or anything, so I guess it must just be the orbit. Apparently in the Fine Print mod (where these contracts came from) SAS needed to be switched off for it to count, so I don't really know exactly what it applies to.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.