F2 no longer pristine!

Moesly_Armlis

Screenshots from the game can make impressive visuals.

The F2 key was designated to clear the screen of all info and present an appealing picture. There are many offenders to this sin of mucking up the shot, KSP stock messes it up by presenting info such that the batteries are depleted, while many mods remain visible or present info dead centre of the shot.

With KSP getting to that polished finished state the priority of retaining the pristine F2 screenshot is being glossed over.

"No Target" and "Time Warp x1" included! :)

I personally play with Anti-Alias on x2 due to hardware limitations. But I find myself pretty often pausing the game, going to settings and turning the AA all the way up for a nice Screenshot. Then, I need to wait for those two messages to diasppear before pressing F1. :sticktongue:

I think he means the on screen messages like this.

Not Enough Electric Charge

F2 only hides the flight GUI. I would like it to hide text and also the green highlight when mousing over parts.

There are many messages like that in stock too, like um... You know I ignore them so much that I forget what they say... Something about camera being set to "Auto."

As a (casual) youtuber I agree.

- would be very nice to disable part highlighting in flight, it is sometimes useful but if it was an option I'd probably leave it always switched off, unless I was trying to make a very specific point about part of a craft. I don't find I have any use for it when playing normally.

- the text is not so bad, but would still be nice to be able to hide it sometimes.

- and disable the camera text too. and while we're on camera modes; default mode really needs to be an option. I try to remember to hit V first thing after launching or switching to a craft. When just playing I find it distracting being suddenly flipped 90 degs, but when making vids.....argh! Its the No. 1 reason for needing to film a second take!

I think this is a good suggestion (should prob be in the suggestions section)

I personally play with Anti-Alias on x2 due to hardware limitations. But I find myself pretty often pausing the game, going to settings and turning the AA all the way up for a nice Screenshot. Then, I need to wait for those two messages to diasppear before pressing F1. :sticktongue:

You can enable screenshot supersampling somewhere in the settings file, than your screenshots look way better and you dont have to toggle AA every time.

You can enable screenshot supersampling somewhere in the settings file, than your screenshots look way better and you dont have to toggle AA every time.

I've already done that. But I thought even with that config, the AA would affect the final result. Wouldin't it create a big picture with no AA?

I"d better test it. Thanks for the tip.

-Edit-

Nope, the AA still affects the final result.

J9Mw9Ca.jpg

ftrchc0.jpg

I still gotta set the x8 AA before taking the pics. :)

Edited by Kowgan
tested

As a (casual) youtuber I agree.

- would be very nice to disable part highlighting in flight, it is sometimes useful but if it was an option I'd probably leave it always switched off, unless I was trying to make a very specific point about part of a craft. I don't find I have any use for it when playing normally.

- the text is not so bad, but would still be nice to be able to hide it sometimes.

- and disable the camera text too. and while we're on camera modes; default mode really needs to be an option. I try to remember to hit V first thing after launching or switching to a craft. When just playing I find it distracting being suddenly flipped 90 degs, but when making vids.....argh! Its the No. 1 reason for needing to film a second take!

I think this is a good suggestion (should prob be in the suggestions section)

There is a mod to disable the part highlighting. I'm at work and don't recall the name of it at the moment, but if you go to kerbal stuff and look in the popular and new release sections you should be able to locate it in a few minutes.

Aaaugh i hate that, it makes cinematics in stock KSP so hard! Especially when you're acting fast and have to switch vessels...

The idea for a mod is right on. Viewing only scene objects and rejecting all other image contamination (make option and selectable). Wondering if it is possible to do this behind the scene, that is not having to remove the hud but just obtain an uncontaminated image.

What and who to name this mod idea?

Pristine Screenshot just doen't roll right.

I will go and post the idea.

The idea for a mod is right on. Viewing only scene objects and rejecting all other image contamination (make option and selectable). Wondering if it is possible to do this behind the scene, that is not having to remove the hud but just obtain an uncontaminated image.

What and who to name this mod idea?

Pristine Screenshot just doen't roll right.

I will go and post the idea.

Picture Perfect, perhaps.

• 2 weeks later...

After loading up my favorite mods, I am finding a more pristine F2 screenshot enviroment. Blizzy's toolbar is now clear and so is the RemoteTech flight computer interface.

Thanks for keeping F2 screenshots pristine.

There are many that still spoil the shot. These examples are of FinePrint for displaying orbit info and survey markers and Precise Node's interface. Is the text hardcoded? And if so might the developers need to intervene?

Javascript is disabled. View full album

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.