[0.90] Loading a save almost always crashes the game

Ooh, second time posting in this sub-forum in as many days, except this time with a genuine issue. Exciting... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I've come across this rather enraging problem; the game will, most of the time, decide to crash upon attempting to load my save game, regardless of it being a 0.25 carry-over or a fresh 0.90 save. I have managed to get into the game just now, but only once out of the five or six times I've tried doesn't really seem acceptable. It's not my mods, either, as I have tested them all. It could well be the fact that it's the x64 version of the game, but I'm not sure, so I've included a couple of the output logs that have been produced by these crashes.

If you need more info, let me know.

Output logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ug6ntag51fpor15/AAC27yIbhf5kgBeaWm6LlyURa?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3v8v8bb3yol52k/AACnfj5LYgJwzKYnSwudbFHSa?dl=0

Hmmm, it could be write permissions, you're playing KSP from the desktop and Windows will often prevent programs from writing files in certain locations.

Most Windows folders are protected by Data Execution Prevention, you can avoid this by running KSP from C:\Games (you make this folder)

Be aware though, that because you ran your copy of KSP from a protected area, Windows now assumes those files to be unsafe, so copy KSP to the new folder and run the copy.

Windows will think the copy is a whole new program.

Alas, that doesn't appear to have worked. I've got everything currently sat in C:\KSP\Kerbal Space Program, and I'm assuming the folder name doesn't matter nor does the additional folder within the first. Somehow, I had a feeling that putting the game in a C:\ destination wouldn't work, as it's only 0.90 thus far that's been doing it; I've run every single version of the game from 0.16 to now (0.13.3, too) from the desktop without this problem occurring.

As with the last post, I've got an output log:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x3v8v8bb3yol52k/AACnfj5LYgJwzKYnSwudbFHSa?dl=0

Alright, I've done a bit of testing, and I've only one conclusion; it's x64. The x86 version of the game seems to be alright. It didn't crash for any reason other than I went over the memory limit (thanks Astronomer's Visual Pack...), so I loaded up a bunch of other mods and my save, and it loaded first time.

I had a hunch it was x64. Sigh.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.