X-MAS by Lunatic Aeronautics [Dec.11.2015 - 1.051 )

ximrm

2015 XMAS update.

original:

Lunatic Aeronautics presents their very first mod.

A few weeks ago, a pink-skinned alien "landed" on Kerbin. After gathering up all the debris, our scientists decided to reverse engineer these strange but obviously useful parts.

The alien's corpse was identified as Santa K. We're assuming his last name was Kerman.

KdnqmIq.png

Download (Curse)

(curse sometimes takes hours to review, please use the KS link then and always make sure, you download the latest version)

Included:

-A wild, animated, running reindeer(thrust controls anmation speed and style, very good piloting required-kreindeers are not very aerodynamic)

-A tree shaped command pod

-Presents (dual color fuelswitch)

-Stockings (fuelswitch)

-Sweets (RCS tanks)

-Nosehats (Cones, colorswitch)

-A Candle (creates light)

-Santa's list (used to store experiments)

-A Stocklike Fuel line and Strut connector

-Heatshields (DRE & Texture Replacer reflection)

-Santa's Sled (cut)

-Firespitter plugin(required)

-Modulemanager

-Active Texture Manager Config

-Texture Replacer needed for reflections

Don't expect realism, there are other mods for that. Most parts come in different sizes. The pullover with the stars and black holes can be bought at your local kerbal store.

fRg0GVT.png

LwhQ1Fs.png

3GgnhUC.png

5flJZqq.png

Kerbals and other animals were harmed during testing.

The scientists still have some problems with the sled. And the kreindeer might be able to run on the ground. It will be added later.

I'm aware that not everything is perfect yet, but be rassued that it will be fixed in the update.(+more parts)

As mentioned, this is our first mod. We learned a lot, but there's even more to learn. Stay tuned for our coming fantasies. We have lot's of ideas.

Many thanks to nli2work for doing the reindeer animation and to Tuareg for solving my problems.

License

Sourcecode used for deer animation by Tuareg

-DDS'd the maps. Minor changes and Tweaks, nothing special. Everything should work fine. :) Don't forget that the deer is a strong(beware of high g-forces) pulling engine to be attached at the top and it needs deer food to walk.(use the tank switches)

Thx to all video creators using the mod(the ones I've found):

(followed by an MP battle, you'll find it on his chan on yt)

Happy Holidays!

Lunatic Aeronautics (Tuareg&ximrm)

We wanted to release it much earlier, but we had some problems with some of the parts. As mentioned, it is our first mod but we're learning fast.

It would have taken longer, but I decided that it MUST come out before christmas. We're still fixing and tweaking and the missing sled will be added soon.(a newer better one)

There will be even more parts coming, now as the base is released.

For the future, we have a LOT of ideas we'd like to convert into actual content. We want to create unique things that haven't been done before.

If you encounter problems, please let us know and we'll fix them as soon as possible!

Edited by ximrm

-changed deer to eat food instead of fuel(we found out that food makes a deer more efficient than fuel)

-deer no more tips over

-presents and stockings can nowhave deerfood as resource

-new part: Heatshields (config for DRE/Texture Replacer reflections provided)

-Deer sounds adjusted

Edited by ximrm

I just would like to get some feedback from the people that downloaded our mod. (Unfortunately, the majority seems to have downloaded the first release on KS, instead of the updated versions)

This is our first mod and we'd like to know what we could improve. Where we did mistakes etc. (Yes, we should have released it earlier, but ran into some problems hat led to a delay but it had also to be released before Christmas, so it was a bit of a stress)

I'm aware that many or most people prefer more serious and useful mods but as for this kind of theme/genre, I would like to read your opinions.

Any (constructive) criticism is welcome!

We'll continue to update and enhance this mod till ~mid January.

Thanks in advance,

-L.A.

Edited by ximrm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Is the sled ever going to be un-cut or is it a permanently cut feature with no hope of returning? It seems like it could be a nice part to be able to use. Otherwise this mod is lots of fun! All the parts look nice and work well, and the animations on the reindeer are especially nice. 

Edit: I figured I'd share something I made with this, to sort of show the kinds of things you can do with this mod. So, without further ado, I present the first reindeer powered "spaceplane" to make it to the munar surface and back.

Edited by scullyl

10 hours ago, scullyl said:

Is the sled ever going to be un-cut or is it a permanently cut feature with no hope of returning? It seems like it could be a nice part to be able to use. Otherwise this mod is lots of fun! All the parts look nice and work well, and the animations on the reindeer are especially nice. 

Edit: I figured I'd share something I made with this, to sort of show the kinds of things you can do with this mod. So, without further ado, I present the first reindeer powered "spaceplane" to make it to the munar surface and back.

Hi. Well I don't think it's going to be finished. I created it last year but we both had problems importing the part,even as a tank with the simplest dummy featues. It was our first mod and it's likely to i krakened up somehow. Currently none of us has the time or interest in modding KSP. I just fixed a few things and uploaded it this time earlier cause I had the feeling, that I owed it to the community.

If someone is interested in fixing the sled, I can give you all those files.  

btw, really nice "vessel" ;)

Edited by ximrm

2 hours ago, ximrm said:

Hi. Well I don't think it's going to be finished. I created it last year but we both had problems importing the part,even as a tank with the simplest dummy featues. It was our first mod and it's likely to i krakened up somehow. Currently none of us has the time or interest in modding KSP. I just fixed a few things and uploaded it this time earlier cause I had the feeling, that I owed it to the community.

If someone is interested in fixing the sled, I can give you all those files.  

btw, really nice "vessel" ;)

Oh I see! That makes sense, thanks for taking the time to reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks for watching and liking my videos, I wanted to give you some feed back. Great mod for the Holidays. I had to nerf the deer down to around 25%, Never thought I'd say this about something in KSP but too much power. LOL Here are some pics of what I made for my videos.

http://imgur.com/a/BDkq7

Edited by greydragon70

Hi,

Thank you and everyone who used the mod. I hope you had fun with it. I enjoyed and shared your videos. The deer was originally intended to move big packages and reach the speed of light.(some's gotta deliver the presents!) You should have seen the first clones, they were wild and less aerodynamic.  We were able to incorporate SAS-nanites and sedatives into the deer's bloodstream. I wish we could've delivered more, but we were pretty late through losing one man on our team.

However thank you all and merry x-mas, k-mas or whatever you're going to celebrate. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.