[1.4.1] Color Coded Canisters 2.0.1 (2018-03-14)

NecroBones

• 2 weeks later...

I hadn't tried this until now, because I thought it was only the ends of the tanks that were retextured. The mod name is a little misleading :) And now I need it because your other mods make the stock tanks look really ugly :P

Anyway, I get bad texture clipping issues, it looks like the game tries to apply lots of different textures.

Mod list:

CCC (obviously)

SpaceY + expanded

Mod rocket sys

Fuel tanks plus

Lithobrake

(yes I like your mods :P)

Mechjeb

KER

KAC

Taurus HCV

B9 procedural wings

RCS build aid

Navball alignment indicator

Chute safety indicator

Toggle fuel cell

Anyway, I get bad texture clipping issues, it looks like the game tries to apply lots of different textures.

Yep, you'll just need to add Interstellar Fuel Switch (just the "Core" or DLL is all that's needed, you don't need the entire mod if you don't want it changing fuel types on tanks). FTP considers it a requirement, and CCC just checks that FTP is installed to enable mesh/texture switching.

Anyway, glad you're liking the mods! :)

Yep, you'll just need to add Interstellar Fuel Switch (just the "Core" or DLL is all that's needed, you don't need the entire mod if you don't want it changing fuel types on tanks). FTP considers it a requirement, and CCC just checks that FTP is installed to enable mesh/texture switching.

Anyway, glad you're liking the mods! :)

Oops, I never realised that was a dependency, it works now. Now I can use the stock tanks again without my eyes bleeding :D

SqRwAcA.png?1

Pictured:

MRS Quarter Jumbo (only texture)

Rockomax X200-16 (Delta Texture, contains others)(Also notice how they seem to be trying to be the same texture, but are different. Active texture management is off, graphics are all maxed out.)

MRS Half Jumbo (only texture)

Rockomax X200-16 (Stock Texture, contains others, including 2 more meshes)

The two pairs are functionally identical. Why add parts and not just more meshes to the stock parts?

I could easily be mistaken though, and the stock modification is not from this mod?

tl;dr: Y does MRS add redundant parts with less flexibility? Is it for pruning stock parts?

Disclaimer: The reason I assume CCC and MRS are intended to be used together is because they cross-config each other :v

Edited by qm3ster

tl;dr: Y does MRS add redundant parts with less flexibility? Is it for pruning stock parts?

Disclaimer: The reason I assume CCC and MRS are intended to be used together is because they cross-config each other :v

Answer: Historical reasons. :)

MRS added its orange tank a long, long time ago. In fact, it was one of the first tanks I made. Back then, I wanted to have a short orange tank so that I could make the upper portion of the boosters on a "Delta IV Heavy" look-alike.

It wasn't until much later that I made CCC, and it wasn't until significantly later again that I added FTP integration with CCC so that it could do the color switching on the stock tanks.

So rather than just delete the old tanks out of MRS afterward, I left them there, but also made the "Lite" version of MRS that leaves out the more redundant parts.

Answer: Historical reasons. :)

MRS added its orange tank a long, long time ago. In fact, it was one of the first tanks I made. Back then, I wanted to have a short orange tank so that I could make the upper portion of the boosters on a "Delta IV Heavy" look-alike.

It wasn't until much later that I made CCC, and it wasn't until significantly later again that I added FTP integration with CCC so that it could do the color switching on the stock tanks.

So rather than just delete the old tanks out of MRS afterward, I left them there, but also made the "Lite" version of MRS that leaves out the more redundant parts.

AHAAAA, you big SNEAKER.

But do you plan to end up adding them all to stock switcher, as well as adding all textures to the non-redundant ones? (Even stockus)

PSP: how dooty are you for october?

Well, with both CCC and FTP installed, you get the color-switching on all of those tanks now, including the stock ones. I may add something to the MRS tanks too, but I'm not sure how useful it is since those tank sizes are all covered in the other two mods.

Well, with both CCC and FTP installed, you get the color-switching on all of those tanks now, including the stock ones. I may add something to the MRS tanks too, but I'm not sure how useful it is since those tank sizes are all covered in the other two mods.

FTP has no 1.25-2.5 fueled adapter, only MRS does. FTP instead has a 0.625 in the same (Fuel Systems) unlock node (which should probably go into miniaturisation instead).

Also, MRS 3/4 unlocks at Fuel Systems and FTP one at Adv. Fuel Systems, with the full size thing. (Don't know which is the right choice, but definitely not both)

FTP has no 1.25-2.5 fueled adapter, only MRS does.

FTP does. It's the "Rockomax X200-08-FTP Adapter Tank" in Advanced Fuel Systems.

FTP instead has a 0.625 in the same (Fuel Systems) unlock node (which should probably go into miniaturisation instead).

Also, MRS 3/4 unlocks at Fuel Systems and FTP one at Adv. Fuel Systems, with the full size thing. (Don't know which is the right choice, but definitely not both)

Yep, these were set up completely independently. In FTP, I positioned the adapters based on the larger diameter. But since you start with 1.25m and expand outward in the tech tree, it probably makes sense to move the 0.625m adapter as you say. I can probably move the MRS 3/4 length tank too.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT 1: I started moving the MRS adapter tanks up to higher nodes to match FTP, but now I'm thinking I should do the reverse, and move some of the FTP adapter tanks down a step, so that they become available alongside the new diameters.

EDIT 2: OK, some tanks are moving and others are not. What I'm aiming to do is have the adapters become available when they make sense. That is, when the corresponding new diameter first unlocks, you'll get the adapter with it. The exception being the 0.625m->1.25m adapter tank in MRS, which will unlock in Miniaturization as suggested, since that's also where the stock non-fueled adapter is.

Edited by NecroBones

FTP does. It's the "Rockomax X200-08-FTP Adapter Tank" in Advanced Fuel Systems.

Thanks!

Regarding the rest, wouldn't it make more sense to first introduce shorter versions, alongside longest versions of smaller diameters, and introduce the fueled adapters with the full length version, one science layer higher than the unfueled one? (It would be more stockalike progression. Personally, I'd hate that though :P I'd rather get it as soon as the diameter is introduced.)

• 3 weeks later...

One thing I have with CCC is the skin doesn't look to have the good width so instead having an uniform color scheme it's like there were several strips. Now it happens only with 5m fuel.

np5fyr.png

some problem with my install?

One thing I have with CCC is the skin doesn't look to have the good width so instead having an uniform color scheme it's like there were several strips. Now it happens only with 5m fuel.

http://i67.tinypic.com/np5fyr.png

some problem with my install?

Very strange. I don't see that on my side. Do you have something installed that might be messing with the lighting or shaders? There shouldn't be any seams there.

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the pack?

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like the only problem with the KSP 1.0.5 update was that the filename changed for the Toroidal Aerospike, rendering it invisible with the green top-cap that CCC was adding. I've corrected this:

1.3.2 (2015-11-09) - KSP 1.0.5 fixes.
- Corrected the model assignment for the Toroidal Aerospike to match new filename, so engine doesn't appear invisible.

Quick functionality question: Should CCC be changing the tops of my engines to be red, green, and blue etc? The tanks seem to look correct, but my engine textures are also being changed, and I don't quite like that. I've had very little experience with CCC. Forgive me if I've overlooked this functionality.

If it is intended functionality, can it be disabled?

Quick functionality question: Should CCC be changing the tops of my engines to be red, green, and blue etc? The tanks seem to look correct, but my engine textures are also being changed, and I don't quite like that. I've had very little experience with CCC. Forgive me if I've overlooked this functionality.

If it is intended functionality, can it be disabled?

Yep, it can be disabled by deleting "ColorCodedCanisters-MM-engines.cfg" from the CCC folder.

• 1 month later...

I'm currently running into the issue of when I use the smallest stock 2.5m tank (I forget the name) I get textures trying to overlap. I use VensStockRevamp and in the previous versions they worked fine together, but with the recent changes in Vens I think that tank is clashing again. I hope I provided enough info, but If you need anymore ask away :)

46 minutes ago, FiiZzioN said:

I'm currently running into the issue of when I use the smallest stock 2.5m tank (I forget the name) I get textures trying to overlap. I use VensStockRevamp and in the previous versions they worked fine together, but with the recent changes in Vens I think that tank is clashing again. I hope I provided enough info, but If you need anymore ask away :)

It's odd, the logs show the patches applying in the correct order, but my test run showed the same thing. I've made some changes to make it more reliable and have that working. I'll get an update out soon.

10 hours ago, FiiZzioN said:

I believe this is a VSR issue and appears to be caused by  the fuel tank having duplicate entries in VenStockRevemp/Squad/Fueltanks.cfg

@PART[fuelTank4-2] {
    !mesh = DELETE
    %scale = 1
    %rescaleFactor = 1
    MODEL {
        model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Propulsion/X200-8
    }
    %rescaleFactor = 1
}

I'll go and copy this over at vens.

Strider Out!

Edited by CaptainStrider

Ah! Yes, duplicate MODEL blocks would definitely do it. In fact, it probably causes some performance issues with just Ven's installed, having two copies of the model loading and z-fighting each other.

In the meantime, this should fix it for CCC:

1.4 (2015-12-18) - Updates and mod compatibility.
 - Updated the MM configs to work more reliably with Ven's Stock Revamp.
 - Overhauled the default "fuel switching" config to work more nicely with other fuel-switching mods.
 - Color change buttons (with FTP) renamed to "Color Scheme" instead of "Variant".

1 hour ago, NecroBones said:

Ah! Yes, duplicate MODEL blocks would definitely do it. In fact, it probably causes some performance issues with just Ven's installed, having two copies of the model loading and z-fighting each other.

In the meantime, this should fix it for CCC:

You fixed it here plus I made a pull request to remove the duplicate entry, so all should be good from here on out. I don't know why I didn't look in Ven's folder first. I just assumed it was this because I remember not that long ago you made a compatibility patch and I thought it may have needed updating. Sorry for the mix up. :rolleyes:

Edited by FiiZzioN

2 hours ago, FiiZzioN said:

You fixed it here plus I made a pull request to remove the duplicate entry, so all should be good from here on out. I don't know why I didn't look in Ven's folder first. I just assumed it was this because I remember not that long ago you made a compatibility patch and I thought it may have needed updating. Sorry for the mix up. :rolleyes:

No worries at all. This update I made is a lot more reliable in the long run. It was good that I went in and reviewed it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.