[1.4.1] Color Coded Canisters 2.0.1 (2018-03-14)

NecroBones

2 hours ago, NecroBones said:

No worries, we have it figured it. It wasn't MM. B9PartSwitch is turning off the GUI buttons for IFS and FireSpitter's mesh switchers

As it works currently, it actually removes the "incompatible" modules entirely (they still show up in the part catalog since it only runs when you add a part in the editor).  It's simpler than trying to disable specific parts.  And it's really an artifact of pre-1.1 when only one module could do mass modification at once, but I think I'll keep it around since the fuel switching is still incompatible with Firespitter/Interstellar.

58 minutes ago, blowfish said:

As it works currently, it actually removes the "incompatible" modules entirely (they still show up in the part catalog since it only runs when you add a part in the editor).  It's simpler than trying to disable specific parts.  And it's really an artifact of pre-1.1 when only one module could do mass modification at once, but I think I'll keep it around since the fuel switching is still incompatible with Firespitter/Interstellar.

So, that means we're back to having mesh switching disabled? Or do you mean it'll still take off the fuel switchers? The latter sounds fine to me.

9 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

So, that means we're back to having mesh switching disabled? Or do you mean it'll still take off the fuel switchers? The latter sounds fine to me.

Only FSfuelSwitch/InterstellarFuelSwitch will be marked as incompatible, so only those modules will be removed.  I'll leave InterstellarMeshSwitch alone.

Just now, blowfish said:

Only FSfuelSwitch/InterstellarFuelSwitch will be marked as incompatible, so only those modules will be removed.  I'll leave InterstellarMeshSwitch alone.

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. :) Thanks!

I'm adding B9 mesh switching anyway for these two mods, but the flexibility will be good in the long run.

-----

And here it is. This is just adding B9 support for the mesh switching. The fuel-switcher configs don't use it yet.

1.4.4 (2016-04-28) - Mesh switching compatibility
 - Added support for B9PartSwitch. Firespitter and InterstellarFuelSwitch still work too, of course.

This was one of the first mods I ever installed, and I love it to this day. I have been having issues with 1.1 (surprise), and I am trying to figure out which mod is causing the problem. While doing this, I uninstalled this mod temporarily, and noticed something strange.

When I uninstalled this mod, it didn't seem to make a difference? All of the textures that CCC changes were still loaded into my game, as if I didn't delete the mod. What is going on here and why is this behavior similar to malware? This isn't really that significant of a problem for me, as strange as it is, because I don't have any intention of ever getting rid of this mod. However, I do need to temporarily make sure this mod is uninstalled to eliminate it as a possibility of the cause of my VAB troubles.

Can someone enlighten me on whats going on? I already tried closing KSP again, and restarting it in case that might fix it.

2 minutes ago, KocLobster said:

When I uninstalled this mod, it didn't seem to make a difference? All of the textures that CCC changes were still loaded into my game, as if I didn't delete the mod. What is going on here and why is this behavior similar to malware? This isn't really that significant of a problem for me, as strange as it is, because I don't have any intention of ever getting rid of this mod. However, I do need to temporarily make sure this mod is uninstalled to eliminate it as a possibility of the cause of my VAB troubles.

Wow, I've never heard of that, and it shouldn't be possible. Are you sure you deleted the correct folder? Or if you did it through CKAN, did you double-check that CKAN actually removed it? As long as the "ColorCodedCans" folder is gone, it should truly be gone.

Are you also using FuelTanksPlus? Maybe you're getting them mixed up with each other? You'd be amazed how often that happens.. it's hard to remember where one begins and the other ends, sometimes. :)

10 hours ago, PickledTripod said:

Well thanks a lot Blowfish! Please tell us when you update it.

Sounds like it doesn't matter anymore, but I've released a new version that doesn't disable other mesh switchers and has been recompiled for KSP 1.1.1

11 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

Wow, I've never heard of that, and it shouldn't be possible. Are you sure you deleted the correct folder? Or if you did it through CKAN, did you double-check that CKAN actually removed it? As long as the "ColorCodedCans" folder is gone, it should truly be gone.

Are you also using FuelTanksPlus? Maybe you're getting them mixed up with each other? You'd be amazed how often that happens.. it's hard to remember where one begins and the other ends, sometimes. :)

I was thinking the same thing, maybe it was FTP (another awesome mod, thank you for it). But no...I've triple checked it, and restarted KSP a third time. The CCC textures are still there, as if maybe the game itself was patched or something?

I haven't been using CKAN for any of my 1.1 stuff because I just don't find it accurate enough with versions and staying up to date when there are so many new things being released daily.

Oh, I forgot to include the picture I took, to make sure I wasn't losing my mind:

http://imgur.com/a/scJaV

I also made sure I wasn't loading the wrong install. I haven't been launching the game through Steam, and I am not using shortcuts. I directly run the KSP_64.exe file from the base folder...weird right?

Edited by KocLobster

6 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Sounds like it doesn't matter anymore, but I've released a new version that doesn't disable other mesh switchers and has been recompiled for KSP 1.1.1

It'll help with other mods, including SpaceY. So I still thank you, very much! :)

5 minutes ago, KocLobster said:

I was thinking the same thing, maybe it was FTP (another awesome mod, thank you for it). But no...I've triple checked it, and restarted KSP a third time. The CCC textures are still there, as if maybe the game itself was patched or something?

I haven't been using CKAN for any of my 1.1 stuff because I just don't find it accurate enough with versions and staying up to date when there are so many new things being released daily.

Oh, I forgot to include the picture I took, to make sure I wasn't losing my mind:

http://imgur.com/a/scJaV

LOL, yep, it's just confusion. FTP still has the CCC-style ends, whether CCC is installed or not. You'll notice that the stock tanks in the image do have their stock appearances again. That's all CCC does, is replace the art assets for the stock tanks. FTP adds new tanks in exactly the same style.

So you did it right. :)

8 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

LOL, yep, it's just confusion. FTP still has the CCC-style ends, whether CCC is installed or not. You'll notice that the stock tanks in the image do have their stock appearances again. That's all CCC does, is replace the art assets for the stock tanks. FTP adds new tanks in exactly the same style.

So you did it right. :)

Ohhhh.

I've had these two mods for essentially almost the entire time I've played KSP, and I guess I didn't recognize the stock appearances.

I don't see any difference between CCC installed and CCC uninstalled though (both situations FTP was installed still). Is CCC redundant if I have FTP? I can't see any difference between the screenshot, and my current install that has both CCC and FTP again.

PS: You'll probably be a little happy to hear your mods aren't the problem, I've yet to figure out what is.

2 minutes ago, KocLobster said:

I don't see any difference between CCC installed and CCC uninstalled though (both situations FTP was installed still). Is CCC redundant if I have FTP? I can't see any difference between the screenshot, and my current install that has both CCC and FTP again.

Not redundant at all, actually.

if you compare screenshots of a stock tank, like the "Kerbodyne S3-3600 Tank" (3.75m) tank that was in the screenshot you posted here, you'll notice that the CCC versions follow the same default paint scheme, but are much more crisp, and less "dirty" looking.

Basically CCC by itself will just give you the more crisp looking versions of the stock tanks, with color-coded end caps (the 3.75m tanks change the least visually, since I kept the orange color for the ends there, for consistency).

FTP by itself adds more tank lengths, adapter pieces, and domes and nose cones that contain fuel. Plus they have the menu option to switch colors schemes. They also come with color-coded end-caps. However FTP does nothing to change the stock tanks.

With both installed together, the stock tanks also gain the ability to color-switch in their menus, using the textures provided by FTP. This is the "best" option, from a feature standpoint, since both the new and the stock tanks will all match, have the color-coding, and the color-switching menu options.

3 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

Not redundant at all, actually.

if you compare screenshots of a stock tank, like the "Kerbodyne S3-3600 Tank" (3.75m) tank that was in the screenshot you posted here, you'll notice that the CCC versions follow the same default paint scheme, but are much more crisp, and less "dirty" looking.

Basically CCC by itself will just give you the more crisp looking versions of the stock tanks, with color-coded end caps (the 3.75m tanks change the least visually, since I kept the orange color for the ends there, for consistency).

Ah so this makes much more sense now. It's been a very long time since I saw a stock tank without CCC that I can't recognize it.

4 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

FTP by itself adds more tank lengths, adapter pieces, and domes and nose cones that contain fuel. Plus they have the menu option to switch colors schemes. They also come with color-coded end-caps. However FTP does nothing to change the stock tanks.

With both installed together, the stock tanks also gain the ability to color-switch in their menus, using the textures provided by FTP. This is the "best" option, from a feature standpoint, since both the new and the stock tanks will all match, have the color-coding, and the color-switching menu options.

And this is why I absolutely love these two mods, they are totally the best. I am a little picky about efficiency, part counts, being frugal, etc. The parts added by FTP make things so much easier for me. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it, and I'm glad you're still keeping these up to date. :)

8 hours ago, KocLobster said:

Are the new color-switching and fuel switching UI options a result of using the B9PartSwitch mod now, instead of what you used to use? They look clean and amazing, I like it a lot better than the old UI. Why does it seem like a number of modders are now using that mod instead of IFS or Firespitter?

http://imgur.com/pZUzJDX

Yep, B9PartSwitch has that different interface, and the configs work entirely differently too. Most modders just pick one to use, but CCC/FTP support all three now (at least as far as the color switching goes). It'll pick B9 first if it's available, mainly because that was the simplest way to set up the configs.

Updated:  Note that it looks like IFS is having issues in 1.1.1. (EDIT: IFS is fine. My test was bad)

1.4.5 (2016-04-29) - Hotfix.
 - Fixed a mistake in 1.4.4 that was preventing InterstellarFuelSwitch integration from working correctly.

I have an issue with CCC 1.4.5

As you can see when I have only CCC, I cannot switch color scheme, when I have FTP, I can change color scheme for FTP, but not for CCC and it also glitches :(

Edited by RealGecko

For the first part, that's correct, CCC does not have color-switching by itself, because it requires the textures to be provided by FTP.

For the second part, have you tried deleting ModuleManager.ConfigCache? MM doesn't always notice changes right away. If it's working for one, it should be working for both, so it's probably just the cache.

12 minutes ago, NecroBones said:

For the first part, that's correct, CCC does not have color-switching by itself, because it requires the textures to be provided by FTP.

For the second part, have you tried deleting ModuleManager.ConfigCache? MM doesn't always notice changes right away. If it's working for one, it should be working for both, so it's probably just the cache.

Niiice, clearing every MM created files solved the issue, thanks :)

Updated again:

1.4.7 (2016-05-06) - Fuel Switching Tweaks.
 - Added minimum tech requirements for some fuels in the fuel switchers, when using InterstellarFuelSwitch 2.0.1+.
 - InterstellarFuelSwitch GUI names updated for IFS 2.0.1.
 - InterstellarFuelSwitch prioritized ahead of B9PartSwitch to take advantage of tech levels.
 - Added MonoPropellant as a choice in fuel switching, with minimum tech level when using IFS.

So I've been seeing this issue:

jGWIPk8.png

I'm using KSP 1.1.2 32-bit. Module Manager, Color Coded Canisters, and Interstellar Fuel Switch are all up to date. As far as I can tell only the Rockomax X200-8, X200-16, and X200-32 have the issue. Fuel Tanks Plus, SpaceY, and every other part CCC fiddles with is fine.

Edited by FungusForge

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.