[1.4.1] Color Coded Canisters 2.0.1 (2018-03-14)

NecroBones

2 hours ago, FungusForge said:

So I've been seeing this issue:

jGWIPk8.png

I'm using KSP 1.1.2 32-bit. Module Manager, Color Coded Canisters, and Interstellar Fuel Switch are all up to date. As far as I can tell only the Rockomax X200-8, X200-16, and X200-32 have the issue. Fuel Tanks Plus, SpaceY, and every other part CCC fiddles with is fine.

Same thing here, using KSP 64bit. Only the three Rockomax tanks mentioned above glitch out.

MM, FTP and CCC are at latest version, deleting MM cache does not help.

4 hours ago, FungusForge said:

I'm using KSP 1.1.2 32-bit. Module Manager, Color Coded Canisters, and Interstellar Fuel Switch are all up to date. As far as I can tell only the Rockomax X200-8, X200-16, and X200-32 have the issue. Fuel Tanks Plus, SpaceY, and every other part CCC fiddles with is fine.

2 hours ago, DokBalu said:

Same thing here, using KSP 64bit. Only the three Rockomax tanks mentioned above glitch out.

MM, FTP and CCC are at latest version, deleting MM cache does not help.

OK, I think I see what I did wrong, and why it didn't show up in my testing... I had uninstalled Firespitter a while back through CKAN, and it left the folder there, so ModuleManager was keying on that and just happened to do the right thing even though my config was broken for these tanks. Ugh.

I'll get a fix out shortly.

Hello everybody!

This post was originally intended to be a newbish plea for help. I was experiencing the same issue as DokBalu above, albeit with the 1.25 m tanks. Z-fighting, textures flickering, it looked like a mess, and I had no idea how to fix it (or even whether this mod was causing the issue). I'm very new to modded KSP, I just binge-installed my first mods two days ago.

But then a fix was published, and I installed Firespitter since it was mentioned in this thread, and now the issue is resolved and the game looks beautiful again.

So instead of the plea for help, have my deepest thanks for making - and maintaining - these great mods, NecroBones! I hereby dedicate my first post to you.

3 hours ago, Codraroll said:

So instead of the plea for help, have my deepest thanks for making - and maintaining - these great mods, NecroBones! I hereby dedicate my first post to you.

Great! Glad it's working, and glad you're enjoying it. :D

Hi necro, sorry if i bother you, i'm still experiencing the z fighting even with the last version, i play in x64 with only some visual enhancemet mods (scatterer , distant object enhancement, eve and texture replacer for the skybox), what could be causing it?

2 minutes ago, Stocchinet said:

Hi necro, sorry if i bother you, i'm still experiencing the z fighting even with the last version, i play in x64 with only some visual enhancemet mods (scatterer , distant object enhancement, eve and texture replacer for the skybox), what could be causing it?

There's some troubleshooting for that over in the FTP thread's OP:

Usually it boils down to having InterstellarFuelSwitch and/or Firespitter and/or B9PartSwitch not properly installed, or a version that doesn't work with your KSP version, or they're not installed but ModuleManger thinks they are, or something along those lines. Sometimes you just need to delete ModuleManger.ConfigCache if it has stale data about what mods you have. CCC requires FTP to be present in order to use color-switching, and they both require you to have one of the switcher mods in order for it to work.

Awesome, firespitter did the thing, thanks dude, i'm starting to belive that firespitter is some magical item that make things work, maybe dark magic, it's everywhere :D, i know nothing about modding halp:confused:

Serioulsy i never experienced this problem with previous versions, dropping colocodedcans folder into gamedata always worked for me, that's why i worried first place, thaks again

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Andrewmacor said:

Same here

I too have this issue.  I experienced it in the last update 1.4.8? and just rolled back the version.

Peace. 

Edit - I install 1.4.2 and it works fine.  at least 1.4.8 and 1.5 don't with Z fighting.  No idea why.  I have tried the deleting cache.  I don't have firespitter nor IFS.  I also only use CCC and not FTP.

Edited by theJesuit
adding information upon checking.

On 7/1/2016 at 5:55 AM, theJesuit said:

I too have this issue.  I experienced it in the last update 1.4.8? and just rolled back the version.

Peace. 

Edit - I install 1.4.2 and it works fine.  at least 1.4.8 and 1.5 don't with Z fighting.  No idea why.  I have tried the deleting cache.  I don't have firespitter nor IFS.  I also only use CCC and not FTP.

Is it all of the tanks, or only certain diameters? Do you have one or more of Firespitter, InterstellarFuelSwitch, B9 Part Switch installed? Do you have an empty "FuelTanksPlus" folder left over from a previous installation? Lots of ways these things can get goofed up, so this will help track it down.

NecroBones,

I just wanted to drop a note to say thanks for this mod.  I've used many of your other mods for a long time now, but somehow I never added this one until a few weeks ago.  The whole time I was using SpaceY and Fuel Tanks Plus, I kept finding myself designing rockets that use the FTP tanks so I could avoid the mismatched colors and steel barrel aesthetic of the stock tanks.  Now that I've installed this, I can once again use stock tanks and make them match whatever the design scheme is for that particular rocket.  Well done!

17 hours ago, NecroBones said:

Is it all of the tanks, or only certain diameters? Do you have one or more of Firespitter, InterstellarFuelSwitch, B9 Part Switch installed? Do you have an empty "FuelTanksPlus" folder left over from a previous installation? Lots of ways these things can get goofed up, so this will help track it down.

All the tanks I believe CCC changes: Oscar-B, the 1.25m FL-T series, 2.5m Rockomax series and the 3.75m Kerbodyne series.

I just tried on a stock only install (all other mods removed).  Still occurs.

I re-downloaded the previous versions from SpaceDock which I hadn't bothered trying (I seemed to miss you regular updates after 1.4.2).  Basically 1.4.5 works, 1.4.6, 1.4.7, 1.4.8 and 1.5 have the issues with the Z-mapping.  That is using the latest MM not the one bundled with the download.

I don't have Firespitter, InterstellarFuelSwitch, or B9 Part Switch.  The next question is probably should I?

4 hours ago, theJesuit said:

I don't have Firespitter, InterstellarFuelSwitch, or B9 Part Switch.  The next question is probably should I?

OK, that narrowed it down. It was entirely a small copy/paste mistake in the MM rules. Fix coming shortly.

.... And updated:

1.5.1 (2016-07-03) - Hotfix.
 - Corrected a mistake in the MM configs that caused glitchy z-fighting if FTP was not installed.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work! However it seems the R25 RCS tank ceases to be radially-attachable with this mod. Are you intent on reworking the other in-line RCS tank models too?

2 minutes ago, String Witch said:

Nice work! However it seems the R25 RCS tank ceases to be radially-attachable with this mod. Are you intent on reworking the other in-line RCS tank models too?

Actually it's like that in stock. CCC doesn't change the attachment rules. :wink:  Possibly on the other tanks. I hadn't really thought that far ahead. :D

@NecroBones,

How do I integrate some modded cloned stock fuel tanks I'm making into CCC to take advantage of the mesh switching with FTP?  I'm basically turning some of them into all-in-one service modules (just add engines and RCS!), though one is a parachute/structural module without fuel.  My first attempt with the latter one worked mostly okay, except fuel was added back into the part and the external tank texture was that Z-fighting glitchy kind, which went away when I switched textures but reappeared when on the launch pad.  Probably missing something in the various config files. :)

I don't actually need fuel-switching, as the parts will have specific fuel setups which I don't want to get messed up.

Thanks for any help, I really love CCC with FTP, I don't even use the stock tank textures anymore. :)

On 7/17/2016 at 1:59 AM, Laguna said:

@NecroBones,

How do I integrate some modded cloned stock fuel tanks I'm making into CCC to take advantage of the mesh switching with FTP?  I'm basically turning some of them into all-in-one service modules (just add engines and RCS!), though one is a parachute/structural module without fuel.  My first attempt with the latter one worked mostly okay, except fuel was added back into the part and the external tank texture was that Z-fighting glitchy kind, which went away when I switched textures but reappeared when on the launch pad.  Probably missing something in the various config files. :)

I don't actually need fuel-switching, as the parts will have specific fuel setups which I don't want to get messed up.

Thanks for any help, I really love CCC with FTP, I don't even use the stock tank textures anymore. :)

Actually, adding additional meshes/models to those tanks should work pretty well, but yeah, the MM patches will be pretty specific in what needs to be done. Which mesh switcher are you using? Firespitter, InterstellarFuelSwitch, or B9 Part Switch?  The first thing you'll need to know is what the internal names are for the mesh objects in the models you want to use. There are some mods that help discover those, such as Sarbian's debug tool.

If you're using IFS as the mesh switcher, you could do something like this:

@PART[FuelTankToModify]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch]:FOR[ZZColorCodedCans]
// Added two Zs so it executes after the FTP patch.
{
	// This model segment doesn't use '@' because we're adding it
	MODEL {
		model = path/to/modelFile
	}

// Modify the IFS module
	@MODULE[InterstellarMeshSwitch]
	{
		// Obviously, change "newTankMeshName" and "TankDisplayName" to what you want/need here.
		@objects = #$objects$,newTankMeshName
		@objectDisplayNames = #$objectDisplayNames$,TankDisplayName
	}
}

11 hours ago, NecroBones said:

Actually, adding additional meshes/models to those tanks should work pretty well, but yeah, the MM patches will be pretty specific in what needs to be done. Which mesh switcher are you using? Firespitter, InterstellarFuelSwitch, or B9 Part Switch?  The first thing you'll need to know is what the internal names are for the mesh objects in the models you want to use. There are some mods that help discover those, such as Sarbian's debug tool.

If you're using IFS as the mesh switcher, you could do something like this:

@PART[FuelTankToModify]:NEEDS[InterstellarFuelSwitch]:FOR[ZZColorCodedCans]
// Added two Zs so it executes after the FTP patch.
{
	// This model segment doesn't use '@' because we're adding it
	MODEL {
		model = path/to/modelFile
	}

// Modify the IFS module
	@MODULE[InterstellarMeshSwitch]
	{
		// Obviously, change "newTankMeshName" and "TankDisplayName" to what you want/need here.
		@objects = #$objects$,newTankMeshName
		@objectDisplayNames = #$objectDisplayNames$,TankDisplayName
	}
}

@NecroBones, I'm using IFS.  If it helps any, two of the stock tanks I'm cloning are the FL-T100 and -200, using the Soyuz texture for them (with those I'm creating my Simple Soyuz, or Koyuz).  I could just use the tanks as is and add the extra stuff like normal, but I'd rather have dedicated parts to complete the Soyuz-like configuration.  One of the T100 tanks though is for a structural cap piece that goes over the MRS guidance nose cone that I've repurposed for the descent module. :)  My WIP version looks rather nice so far.

The other tank I'll be using is the Kerbodyne 7200 tank, I've found that rescaling it down to 2.5m size gives it the perfect length for an Apollo-type Service Module.  I think the Vega texture (I think that was an option for the 3.75m tanks) looks better than the stock texture for this purpose.

EDIT:  I'm going to try this now for the upper cap piece, what exactly do I put for "newTankMeshName" and "TankDisplayName"?  I'm guessing the texture object name from CCC (CCtank1m-Black in this case) and the title of the part as used in the part display list (Koyuz Upper Module in this case) and not the internal name (KoyuzUpperPod), so that's what I'm going to try first.

Edited by Laguna

Well, that attempt didn't do anything.  I inadvertently ran that patch with the changes I made to two of the CCC configs, the -MM-FTP-size1 and -MM-tanks patches ( I inserted the my part name into the list of the former and added another "@part" section for my part into the latter).  The result was no change from before.  Then I removed my changes to the CCC configs and I ended up with a stock T100 tank that had fuel switching but no mesh switching.

On 7/18/2016 at 9:40 PM, Laguna said:

EDIT:  I'm going to try this now for the upper cap piece, what exactly do I put for "newTankMeshName" and "TankDisplayName"?  I'm guessing the texture object name from CCC (CCtank1m-Black in this case) and the title of the part as used in the part display list (Koyuz Upper Module in this case) and not the internal name (KoyuzUpperPod), so that's what I'm going to try first.

OK, I probably misunderstood what you were asking for then. I thought you wanted to add additional appearances to the tanks (from another mod or something), rather than single one out. So instead, what you'd need is to have a patch that works more like the non-switcher configs in CCC, where it assigns all of the "unused" appearances to the "disabled" attachment node. All of the appearances except the one you want would go in there.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.