[1.4.1] Color Coded Canisters 2.0.1 (2018-03-14)

NecroBones

I just ran a quick test too, and it looks good. Looking a little more at the configs, I think actually the scenario that's not accounted for, is having Firespitter without Interstellar, but with CryoEngines.... and that's a combination that can't happen, since Cryo requires Interstellar. So I think we're OK.

I just pushed a quick update. For the longest time now, when used with Ven's Stock Revamp, CCC has simply added its meshes, so that you would see a superposition of both.

I just made a minor tweak to the MM configs for CCC, which allow it to now override Ven's models. I mean, why else would you install both mods, unless you wanted these tanks, and Ven's artwork for everything else?

Let me know if you see any problems, such as scaling, etc.

1.2.1 (2015-08-16) - Compatibility tweak.
- Adjusted the MM configs to process as a replacement after Ven's Stock Revamp, instead of as an additive process.

• 2 weeks later...

Update posted:

1.3 (2015-08-27) - New color in FTP integration.
- FTP: Added a blue "Delta" variant at the 1.25m size, historically inspired by Delta, Delta II, etc.
- FTP version 1.1+ needed for the blue color to be visible.
- FTP: Renamed 2.5m colors, to be more historically minded with regards to Delta IV and Delta IV Heavy.
- The blue color is renamed from "Delta" to "Blue".
- The orange color is renamed from "Jumbo" to "Delta".
- Readme file moved to the mod's folder.

1.3 (2015-08-27) - New color in FTP integration.

- FTP: Added a blue "Delta" variant at the 1.25m size, historically inspired by Delta, Delta II, etc.

- FTP version 1.1+ needed for the blue color to be visible.

- FTP: Renamed 2.5m colors, to be more historically minded with regards to Delta IV and Delta IV Heavy.

- The blue color is renamed from "Delta" to "Blue".

- The orange color is renamed from "Jumbo" to "Delta".

Necro I downloaded the latest version of CCC. The textures on the sides of the tanks from FTP are now missing. I can only see the top/bottom of the tank, unless I change the texture to blue/delta. I think there is something wrong with the newest update. Weird that the other textures are glitched and only the new one is working.

This was affecting the FLT-50 in that load. Before it was affecting all parts from MRS. (Don't know about SpaceY, don't have it installed.)

Just checked, I have FTP 1.1 installed. So that's not the problem...

When using any other texture.

gDd49bI.jpg

When using blue/delta.

CkY7eGN.jpg

Edited by Kuansenhama

Necro I downloaded the latest version of CCC. The textures on the sides of the tanks from FTP are now missing. I can only see the top/bottom of the tank, unless I change the texture to blue/delta. I think there is something wrong with the newest update. Weird that the other textures are glitched and only the new one is working.

This was affecting the FLT-50 in that load. Before it was affecting all parts from MRS. (Don't know about SpaceY, don't have it installed.)

Just checked, I have FTP 1.1 installed. So that's not the problem...

When using any other texture.

http://i.imgur.com/gDd49bI.jpg

When using blue/delta.

http://i.imgur.com/CkY7eGN.jpg

It shouldn't hit the MRS or SpaceY tanks, since they don't do mesh switching currently.

Heh, I started to write up a list of questions, etc. But I see that the model is broken on my side too. I tested every single tank that changed, except that one apparently. Wow. Figures.

I'll see if I can figure out why the data is missing, and push out a quick fix.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, I have it fixed, and am posting the update now. It's actually in FTP, rather than CCC, so the fix is there.

I don't really know why, but I'm getting some flubbed up textures on the 0.625 tanks. Thought it may have been the previous version I had, so I downloaded a new one from kerbalstuff and still get the same results. Nothing touched or tampered with file wise, just dropped into gamedata. I also use Ven's if that's of any help.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Tested some more. Seems the stock tank doesn't have this issue, only the two new tanks are affected by it.

Edited by FiiZzioN

I don't really know why, but I'm getting some flubbed up textures on the 0.625 tanks. Thought it may have been the previous version I had, so I downloaded a new one from kerbalstuff and still get the same results. Nothing touched or tampered with file wise, just dropped into gamedata. I also use Ven's if that's of any help.

http://imgur.com/a/PeGAq

Tested some more. Seems the stock tank doesn't have this issue, only the two new tanks are affected by it.

So just the FTP tanks then? Interesting. I'm assuming you mean the vertical alignment thing, since that's all I'm noticing in the screenshots. I'll take a look at them and see if I have something out of whack.

- - - Updated - - -

On my side they look pretty good. It's possible I can make some more adjustments to them, but I'm not sure why they would render differently on yours.

KSP%202015-08-28%2023-34-21-58.jpg

So just the FTP tanks then? Interesting. I'm assuming you mean the vertical alignment thing, since that's all I'm noticing in the screenshots. I'll take a look at them and see if I have something out of whack.

- - - Updated - - -

On my side they look pretty good. It's possible I can make some more adjustments to them, but I'm not sure why they would render differently on yours.

[snipped image]

Believe me, it's strange to me as well. The version before the name changes seemed to work fine (IIRC). Every other tank is fine, seriously, perfect work from the stock 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 3.75, the Nose Cones for each version, and the nuke tanks. Absolutely flawless. It's just those two new tanks. That's also coming from a fresh download as well, so I don't know if that will help you in any way. Same reason I mentioned I run Ven's as well. I've read your MM file for that and it's pretty spot on, so that shouldn't be an issue (the hell am I talking about... computers get flubbed if you look at them the wrong way).

Next thing I'll do in a bit is drop the fresh copy into one of my "testbed" versions. Those versions are literally stock with nothing but what it takes to run the mod being tested. After that, I'll get back to you :) .

One thing I can say for certain is that I'ven't touched anything. With as much as I edit parts, use MM to customize my game, and code for other projects, I know now not to touch something unless you know what you're doing. Should be common knowledge, but hey, common knowledge isn't always common. Now I'm just rambling... I'll stop now :P

Ok, clean install of KSP, just the mods required for CCC and Fuel Tanks Plus and the issue still persists. Both were gotten from a fresh download. I also removed the deprecated folder to see if that would cause the issue to be resolved... nope. Something else that should be noted is this is happening with OpenGL and without.

So, where to go from here.

I'm pretty confident I can fix this. I'm not sure why it's happening, but what I find interesting is where it is, and what it's doing. Some of those 0.625m tanks are the ones I "cheated" on a little bit, relying more on the color placement within the texture and less on how I split up the polygons. This isn't that unusual in texture mapping at all, in itself. But I don't do that as often when I'm repeating the pattern around the tank. Plus, some of these tanks have alternating faces where every second panel is upside-down, to make the pattern appear slightly less repetitive, but it meant aligning them by eye.

I suspect that for some reason the mipmapping is being done differently there. If the texture gets shifted or blurred in one direction for some reason, I'd expect the offsets to look like what you're seeing.

Do you have the texture detail setting turned down at all? I have to admit, I usually only test things at full detail.

In any case, I can remap these textures, and put some polygon edges where I want to force the color transitions. I think that'll fix this. But I'll need to go through all of the 0.625m tanks and make changes to how they map to the texture. If you can live with it for a few days, I can clean these up a little and we'll see if that fixes it on your end too.

... And, looking closer at the files, I did actually have some seams in there. It looks like it probably is entirely due to the alternating directions. Like I said, I'll see if I can clean it up a little and then we can compare notes.

Just for clarification, the "grey/red" variants still looked OK?

Edited by NecroBones

Just for clarification, the "grey/red" variants still looked OK?

Here's my settings. I play a small step down from max to allow for more mods. And yes, the grey red, at least to me, seems to be fine on all of the tanks. It's the others that seem to be a bit wonky.

YjxhMWq.png?1

Here's my settings. I play a small step down from max to allow for more mods. And yes, the grey red, at least to me, seems to be fine on all of the tanks. It's the others that seem to be a bit wonky.

http://i.imgur.com/YjxhMWq.png?1

Aha! Yes, I think it's the half-res and the fact that I alternated the direction on those panels. Totally fixable. :)

I've remapped the textures on those tanks, so hopefully that will fix it. Plus I added some new goodies. I'll try to get the update out today, but it'll be over in the FTP thread since that's where the changes are.

OK, the FTP update is posted. Let me know how it looks.

OK, the FTP update is posted. Let me know how it looks.

Knocked it right out of the park my friend! Even the textures that weren't flubbed look better! Completely fixed it for me; hopefully for others as well that might have had the problem in the future if it wasn't found when it was. Thanks for the support, man! Rep was already sent earlier because I knew you'd find a way to fix the issue. You can't have as many mods as you do without some passion for what you're doing, and that includes fixing minor issues. Also, I forgot to mention earlier in the post when you said:

I think that'll fix this. But I'll need to go through all of the 0.625m tanks and make changes to how they map to the texture. If you can live with it for a few days, I can clean these up a little and we'll see if that fixes it on your end too.

Trust me, I develop different things other than KSP mods, but it's got the same overall structure. If someone can't wait for the author of anything free and made for the community to enjoy, for free, to fix the issues that's sprouting, then they need to get their s**t straight. This is a free mod, 100% done because you wanted to make something for the community. If anyone has the audacity to say, "No, dammit! You made this mod, there's something wrong, fix it right now!", they need a serious reality check. Sorry that I'm mentioning it in this post, I just couldn't get to it before now.

Quick question, since you mentioned that this was released in the FTP thread, did I start this bug report in the wrong thread? I'm just curious because should anything happen in the future I'll know which one to go to. As I said, I work on other projects, so I get the frustration when things are sent / posted in the completely wrong area, so I thought I'd ask for clarity.

Once again, the issues completely resolved on my end with the latest release. Since I use "Half-Res", I'll also test using smaller resolutions just to make sure all's good (that is if you haven't already). Another thing is we even got a bonus in that the Grey/Red and Black/White stripe versions look even better than they did before, plus a new color! You couldn't have done a better job, seriously!

Edit: -----------------------------------

Went through to the lowest settings and everything still holds up. So, for me, personally, this issue is pretty much gone.

Edited by FiiZzioN

Awesome, glad to hear it worked well! I'm actually not as worried about quarter resolution and lower, since that's going always look a lot worse anyway, and I can only make the margins in the textures so large before it wastes a lot of space or things run into each other. I expect some parts in my various mods to have some noticeable seams at the lower detail settings, since the texture resolution drop will cause things to get blurred into one another here and there. At half and full res, most things should hold up though.

But dude, thank you so much for your message. It's a bit of a thankless job sometimes, but you're right, it comes from a passion for doing it. I'm actually pretty impressed with the KSP community on the whole, since people here (like yourself) are so pleasant to work with, and very appreciative. It's part of what keeps the modders coming back, for sure. :)

BTW technically this was the wrong thread, yes, but I'm not worried at all. These two mods are so closely tied together, that it's not obvious where one ends and the other starts. Sometimes I might not even know which one it is either, until investigating the problem. :)

(As a rule of thumb, if it's one of the non-stock tanks, then it's entirely FTP and not CCC)

• 4 weeks later...
I'm not sure what you mean. CCC has a color scheme that it uses currently.

Right, and they're basically just polished stock. However, I'd personally love it if they shared the ability to switch colors like the ranks from FTP do. You know, the ability to make the stock tanks change to white, black, blue, orange, red, etc.

Right, and they're basically just polished stock. However, I'd personally love it if they shared the ability to switch colors like the ranks from FTP do. You know, the ability to make the stock tanks change to white, black, blue, orange, red, etc.

Oh! Yes, they actually have that capability now if you install FTP with it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.