[old thread] Trajectories : atmospheric predictions

Youen

As you wish. Here is a pre-release and recompiled FAR version. Don't tell Ferram ;)

https://github.com/fat-lobyte/KSPTrajectories/releases/tag/v1.1.1.0-pre1

Edit: as Tebryn pointed out, you can obtain a recent dev version of FAR from here: https://github.com/ferram4/Ferram-Aerospace-Research/raw/master/GameData/FerramAerospaceResearch/Plugins/FerramAerospaceResearch.dll

Edited by Kobymaru

no need to recompile, just pull his dev version from his github https://github.com/ferram4/Ferram-Aerospace-Research/tree/master/GameData/FerramAerospaceResearch/Plugins when he pushes a commit he also pushes an updated DLL, he just doesn't package a release for it.

no need to recompile, just pull his dev version from his github https://github.com/ferram4/Ferram-Aerospace-Research/tree/master/GameData/FerramAerospaceResearch/Plugins when he pushes a commit he also pushes an updated DLL, he just doesn't package a release for it.

Nice! I'll take down the DLL link then. Also, is there a NEAR dev build? Some people need it apparently.

Edited by Kobymaru

Nice! I'll take down the DLL link then. Also, is there a NEAR dev build? Some people need it apparently.

There hasn't been any commits to the NEAR branch yet. IIRC he tests and does all his dev builds on FAR then after a release he updates NEAR to match.

Edit: Shouldn't be long though for NEAR, since he pushed a FAR 0.14.6 now. https://github.com/ferram4/Ferram-Aerospace-Research/releases/tag/v0.14.6

Edited by Tebryn

I loaded up Trajectories 1.1.1.0-pre1 and FAR 0.14.6 in which ferram fixed the bug causing trajectories to lock up the game and now I get a repeating error from Trajectories whenever it tries to run in atmosphere. It also doesn't seem to know what aero model is being used.

Here's my output.log for this error. Errors start at line 40365 and stop at line 311580 with 12,364 of the same error. Anyone else getting this, or have they managed to get Trajectories and FAR to work together? I have a lot of other mods, so there may be some other conflict.

No crash, game keeps running, but the errors just start racking up quickly and trajectories fails to show anything on the map.

Same issue as Baythan and same builds of Trajectories and FAR, also ton of mods. Does this in space (orbiting Minmus when I tried to turn it on).

Prior to the release of .90 I was having a similar problem but thought it might be related to the MkIV spaceplane parts not playing nice with FAR... but maybe related?

Looking at the new FAR release, Kobymaru needs to make a few adjustments to match the new FAR, then all should be well.

(sshhh. Go look at the Github release page. I won't tell if you don't :wink:)

Edited by atomicfury

Alrighty,

Version 1.1.1 released!

In this version,

• Reenabled FAR support
  • Fix g-loading estimate

Note: If FAR is used, this version only works with FAR 0.14.6 or above.

Download from KerbalStuff or GitHub (or CKAN once I figure out how to upload new versions there).

KSP-AVC seems to think that the version is still 1.1, not 1.1.1

Alrighty,

Version 1.1.1 released!

In this version,

• Reenabled FAR support
  • Fix g-loading estimate

Great :-) Thanks for your work (and other's), I would have hated to see it disapear almost as much as I didn't have the courage to keep it updated without actually playing the game ^^

KSP-AVC seems to think that the version is still 1.1, not 1.1.1

Ok, thanks. Fixed in a new build. Please re-download from GitHub.

Great :-) Thanks for your work (and other's), I would have hated to see it disapear almost as much as I didn't have the courage to keep it updated without actually playing the game ^^

I'm just glad you wrote it. And I'd be super happy if you could stay around with advice and patches, since a great part of the code is still magic to me ;)

After 1.1.1 no trajectory prediction is shown, error counter in Trajectories window is going crazy and log is filled with this:

[Exception]: Exception: Failed to GetMethod RunDragCalculation on type NEAR.FARBasicDragModel with types System.Type[]:

method not found

at Trajectories.Util.GetMethodEx (System.Type type, System.String methodName, System.Type[] types) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Using NEAR 1.3.1.

P.S. I recently installed stock revamp mod, but its changes are mostly visual. Don't have any other ideas on what can cause this=\

Edited by Mystique

Several Questions:

Is this compatible with rescaled Kerbin, e.g. Jumbo 32?

The default descent setting (all AoA = 0) is Mechjebs Prograde setting, right?

That's a good question, really. Something's fishy about the AoA settings anyway, because:

- There's +180° and -180° which should would be the same position on a circle

- I think the "best" setting is -180° if you enter retrograde.

Best to try it out. I'll have to look into that next.

About rescaled Kerbin: I don't know. Maybe just try it and report your findings here :)

After 1.1.1 no trajectory prediction is shown, error counter in Trajectories window is going crazy and log is filled with this:

[Exception]: Exception: Failed to GetMethod RunDragCalculation on type NEAR.FARBasicDragModel with types System.Type[]:

method not found

at Trajectories.Util.GetMethodEx (System.Type type, System.String methodName, System.Type[] types) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Using NEAR 1.3.1.

P.S. I recently installed stock revamp mod, but its changes are mostly visual. Don't have any other ideas on what can cause this=\

Thanks, I will look into that. Stock revamp has nothing to do with it; apparently there's an incompatibility between NEAR and trajectories that needs to be fixed. Stay tuned for updates.

Edited by Kobymaru

Thanks, I will look into that. Stock revamp has nothing to do with it; apparently there's an incompatibility between NEAR and trajectories that needs to be fixed. Stay tuned for updates.

In the meanwhile I'll check if revamp has anything to do with this anyway, it modified some stuff related to stock cockpits that, as I recall, causes invalid drag calculation by FAR/NEAR for them (I guess because of added intakes), though my test ship used only stock landing pod+tank+engine, so it had no aerodynamics/SPH related parts.

Update: seems like revamp had nothing to do with this, same error spam happens after it has been removed.

Edited by Mystique

Maybe just try it and report your findings here

For now it seems accurate...

Suggestion (no idea if thats possible): When i do a retroburn for reentry i use my service module for it, which is jettisoned before i hit the atmosphere. This means that while im burning for an accurate reentry it calculates for a reentry with the service module still attached, this trajetory is changed when i decouple the service module from my capsule. I would love an option that calculates the landing spot after the next staging event (for the then smaller craft), this would increase the accuracy of my reentrys very much...