[old thread] Trajectories : atmospheric predictions

Youen

Sure, just clone (or download the zip file from github) the fork with the API

I don't know how familiar you are with KSP mod compilation. You'll need visual studio (the "community" version is free of charge), then open the .sln file in the mod source code, and update the references to point on the DLLs of the game (the location depend on where you installed it), then it should compile and produce a Trajectories.dll that you can copy in your GameData folder (override the one distributed with the mod). Let me know if you need details on any of these steps.

7 hours ago, Youen said:

Sure, just clone (or download the zip file from github) the fork with the API

I don't know how familiar you are with KSP mod compilation. You'll need visual studio (the "community" version is free of charge), then open the .sln file in the mod source code, and update the references to point on the DLLs of the game (the location depend on where you installed it), then it should compile and produce a Trajectories.dll that you can copy in your GameData folder (override the one distributed with the mod). Let me know if you need details on any of these steps.

Wow, that is EXTREMELY helpful. Thanks for the detailed explanation!

[not sarcastic]

Would be greatly appreciated if someone could post the compiled test version for those slightly-less-adventurous among us (or who just don't want to monkey with installing VS)

I've just released a new version (you can download it on github or spacedock).

Here are the changes in this version :

- Added prediction of SoI changes after aerobrake (also fixes a bug when aerobraking from an escape trajectory)
- Fixed bug with wings that were incorrectly predicted with stock aerodynamic model
- Improved ground impact detection (better collision check against relief)
- Improved impact indicator in map view (not hidden underground anymore)
- Added API for kOS (thanks to CalebJ2)
- Automatic configuration reset if the configuration file is invalid or empty
- Improved icon rendering for Blizzy's toolbar

Enjoy!

Just to inform you, you are bundling an outdated version of Module Manager in that distribution, not that it should matter with how MM works but though I should let you know.

Latest vers. is 2.6.25.

Anyhow, adding this straight into my save. Will let you know if I find anything untoward.

• 3 weeks later...
On 31.8.2016 at 0:14 AM, dlrk said:

Thanks for the update, quick question Youen, how do I access the kOS API in kOS?

@dlrk You cannot access it in KOS just yet. I am helping @Caleb9000 get this pushed through a little. The pull request on the KOS side on Github got all full of other unrelated commits, so one of the KOS guys @hvacengi is working on a rebase and on merging the KOS side of things. It is currently on the KOS 1.0.1 release plan. It should be in the master branch on github before too long so if you want to compile yourself you probably can. Probably just wait till 1.0.1 though. I am not sure how long that will be though due to ksp 1.2 coming out and idk what that changes for KOS or TR. Remote tech will probably need significant changes and that will likely affect the its API. We will see if that holds the TR addon being added in or not.

After the next version releases, it will be accessable like any other KOS addon. The variables planned to be made available right now are via the API, impact position, impact velocity, space orbit after areobreaking, and planned and corrected directions. The last two are basically the vectors that create the navball markers if you have a target set, but can probably be used for an autopilot steering script. There will be documentation on how to use it on the KOS doc page.

So with these additions you should be able to automate cool stuff like near pinpoint aero landings from orbit and aerocaptures with specified orbit after aerobrake.

29 minutes ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

HEY!

Why did you not tell us that this requires MM! Please write in the FAQ that Trajectories requires Module Manager!!!

I was getting ready to like this thread, but I stopped thinking of doing so when I launched KSP with your mod!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I don't get it, Module Manager is included in the zip file, what went wrong?

Edited by Youen

3 hours ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

HEY!

Why did you not tell us that this requires MM! Please write in the FAQ that Trajectories requires Module Manager!!!

I was getting ready to like this thread, but I stopped thinking of doing so when I launched KSP with your mod!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

As Youen said, it's included in the zip file. Don't come here and complain.

@Youen @BananaTime101 there is a generally accepted tradition for mod makers that any dependencies of a mod are listed somewhere even if they are included.

As a person who hates MM and would love to somehow avenge his broken save files, at first I got hyped with the mod having nothing said about being MM dependant. And then I got angry when I installed it (ignoring the included MM of course) to make it not work.

13 hours ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

@Youen @BananaTime101 there is a generally accepted tradition for mod makers that any dependencies of a mod are listed somewhere even if they are included.

As a person who hates MM and would love to somehow avenge his broken save files, at first I got hyped with the mod having nothing said about being MM dependant. And then I got angry when I installed it (ignoring the included MM of course) to make it not work.

Well that's a new one.  Why do you hate MM?

Just about everyone running a modded game has MM, so I understand why they didn't even mention it.  That said, it's also accepted tradition that users should install everything inside the download and not just ignore things like included dependencies. :)

15 hours ago, TheDestroyer111 said:

MM is such a standard, and so many pack it that it's almost obvious that it's contained.

As a person who hates MM and would love to somehow avenge his broken save files, at first I got hyped with the mod having nothing said about being MM dependant.

Hating on MM is like hating on "the written word". Sure, you can do it, but ultimately it's just a basic building block, and completely neutral to anything and it's just a tool that can be used either well or badly. Either way, it's very silly to hate it.

Besides, if you hate it so much, why don't you make sure that it's not included before you start up your game? It's a zip file, and your windows explorer can look inside it. Are you the type of person who double-clicks on files named "totally_not_a_virus_trust_me.exe"?

And then I got angry when I installed it (ignoring the included MM of course) to make it not work.

You do realize that you're "angry" at people who spend their precious spare time developing mods for people, FOR FREE.?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Since Youen tends to be a busy man, I recompiled the Mod for KSP 1.2.

Please download from here, until Youen comes back and fixes everything:

https://github.com/fat-lobyte/KSPTrajectories/releases/download/v1.6.3-Kobymaru1/Trajectories-1.2fixed-Kobymaru.zip

Changelog:

NOTHING except KSP 1.2 compatibility. All old bugs are still there.

I tested it only a little bit, precision is not 100% perfect - but seems to be working for the most part.
Please test and report bugs here.