Jump to content

[old thread] Trajectories : atmospheric predictions


Youen
 Share

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Argonicus said:

I got strange bug. I have ship on orbit. I click to turn on trajectories and game crush.

I reproduce that bug twice. If need i can put output log and error log.

Upload savegame and output_log for me please.

 

23 minutes ago, ZobrAA said:

@Kobymaru please remove this irritating crosshair and line, PLEASE! I didnt want them at all!

Ok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can you add a toggle for the in flight trajectory marker, please? May use it occasionally but most of the time (if not all) I'd prefer it only showing on the map view. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, ZobrAA said:

@Kobymaruplease remove this irritating crosshair and line, PLEASE! I didnt want them at all!

 

21 hours ago, Torih said:

Can you add a toggle for the in flight trajectory marker, please? May use it occasionally but most of the time (if not all) I'd prefer it only showing on the map view. 

 

@Kobymaru Adding a toggle sounds like a good idea.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/9/2017 at 5:26 AM, Kobymaru said:

New release is up!

Version 1.6.7 with KSP 1.3.0 compatibility, download from GitHub or SpaceDock.

Provided that the CKAN fairies have heard prayers and pleas, the update should propagate to CKAN soon™.

Full Changelog:

 

Big Thanks to all contributors, especially @PiezPiedPy for their help!

Congrats.

Update the Op, it still says 1.2.2

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/11/2017 at 8:28 AM, ZobrAA said:

@Kobymaru please remove this irritating crosshair and line, PLEASE! I didnt want them at all!

1264c9f620e5f490e005320d658fa9fba9433ff2

EDIT: This post was apparently misinterpreted. I was making a sarcastic comment about the quoted post's attitude which was mistakenly attributed to me

Edited by dlrk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kobymaru said:

@dlrk you are also not the only user of this mod, and I don't serve as your personal programmer.

Other people here *have* asked for this, that's why I have even bothered with this.

hey Koby.

I REALLY like the inflight prediction. so thanks for your work! Really was looking for this since i play KSP.

An Idea in addition to the button: Could we change the altitude it auto-switches on? so we can i.e. set the inflight prediction to always work from 20.000m AGL to 100m AGL.

And auto-switch it off when vessel-type == plane.

 

Could u add this? would be perfect!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Speadge said:

I REALLY like the inflight prediction. so thanks for your work! Really was looking for this since i play KSP.

No problem, you're welcome :)

2 minutes ago, Speadge said:

An Idea in addition to the button: Could we change the altitude it auto-switches on? so we can i.e. set the inflight prediction to always work from 20.000m AGL to 100m AGL.

Could u add this? would be perfect!

I'm very hesitant about auto-switching. Cuz with this kind of stuff, some will be unhappy and demand options. And we end up with 5 more options:

  • Show in-flight trajectory?
  • Auto-Switch in-flight trajectory?
  • Maximum Altitude for switch?
  • Minimum Altitude for switch?
  • But maybe I want it to not ignore planes?

We can talk about this kind of stuff when we have a better GUI, but now I really don't want to unnecessarily clutter everything up.

I'll definitely add the in-flight trajectory toggle since you guys seem to really need it, but otherwise let's be very conservative with the stuff that we cram into the GUI, OK?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New release is up!

Version 1.6.8 with fixes to the In-Flight trajectory display, download from GitHub or SpaceDock.

Provided that the CKAN fairies have heard prayers and pleas, the update should propagate to CKAN soon™.

Full Changelog:

Quote

## v1.6.8 for KSP 1.3.0

- 2017-06-13

### Changes since the last release
  * Fixed in-flight targeting cross remaining in scence even after trajectory display was disabled.
  * Added toggle for in-flight trajectory display. Fixes Issue #96.

### Known Issues
  * Trajectory prediction is still fundamentally incorrect. See Issue #84.
  * In-Flight trajectory for non-atmospheric trajectories is jerky and jumpy.

The inofficial title for this release is "Jeez you guys."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Kobymaru said:

  * Fixed in-flight targeting cross remaining in scence even after trajectory display was disabled.
  * Added toggle for in-flight trajectory display. Fixes Issue #96.

Yes, YES! Thx you! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Kobymaru said:

@dlrk you are also not the only user of this mod, and I don't serve as your personal programmer.

Other people here *have* asked for this, that's why I have even bothered with this.

@Kobymaru

I was making a joke @ZobrAA's post saying he didn't want that. I was more or less making the same comment you made, but with an image macro. I think you combined his post with mine and missed my sarcasm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, dlrk said:

I was making a joke @ZobrAA's post saying he didn't want that. I was more or less making the same comment you made, but with an image macro. I think you combined his post with mine and missed my sarcasm.

Unmarked sarcasm on the internet is a risky business that is best described by Poe's Law . There are enough people on the internet in general and on these Forums in particular that feel "entitled" to mod updates and features being implemented. Even upon re-reading your comment, the sarcasm wasn't particularly clear to me. I didn't know that image macro/meme, so i could only take it for face value. So please excuse me, if I mistook your post for something that it was not.

Or maybe I'm just bad at sarcasm. Who knows.

Edited by Kobymaru
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Kobymaru said:

Unmarked sarcasm on the internet is a risky business that is best described by Poe's Law . There are enough people on the internet in general and on these Forums in particular that feel "entitled" to mod updates and features being implemented. Even upon re-reading your comment, the sarcasm wasn't particularly clear to me. I didn't know that image macro/meme, so i could only take it for face value. So please excuse me, if I mistook your post for something that it was not.

 

Totally agree. Sarcasm is always difficult for anyone to convey or interpret in text format.  Staying on point and direct, and short and simple is usually the best way to communicate.  Without derailing this thread too much, just taking a look at some of the other mod threads and you'll see how much %&*# the modders deal with for no reason.

Thanks for the update @Kobymaru.  This is one more off of my list of "Required Mods So That I Don't Loose My Mind In KSP x.x.x.x.x"  Also digging the unofficial name :wink:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Using the latest FAR 1.3 pre-release build, I'm getting NRE's in the output log, however no other issues are observed and the prediction is accurate.

 

Trajectories: Initializing cache
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Trajectories: WARNING: FAR totalForce is NAN (altitude=2258.06451612903, airVelocity=0, angleOfAttack=2.94524311274043
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Trajectories: WARNING: FAR totalForce is NAN (altitude=2258.06451612903, airVelocity=0, angleOfAttack=3.14159265358979
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Trajectories: WARNING: FAR totalForce is NAN (altitude=4516.12903225806, airVelocity=0, angleOfAttack=2.94524311274043
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Trajectories: WARNING: FAR totalForce is NAN (altitude=4516.12903225806, airVelocity=0, angleOfAttack=3.14159265358979
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Trajectories: WARNING: FAR totalForce is NAN (altitude=0, airVelocity=0, angleOfAttack=2.94524311274043
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Trajectories: WARNING: FAR totalForce is NAN (altitude=0, airVelocity=0, angleOfAttack=3.14159265358979
 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, dlrk said:

Using the latest FAR 1.3 pre-release build, I'm getting NRE's in the output log, however no other issues are observed and the prediction is accurate.

Ok, I'll take a look. Would you mind creating a GitHub issue?

 

9 hours ago, Alshain said:

So, I really miss this mod.

Me too buddy, me too. I'm writing a small logger/telemetry that might help with debugging. If you (or anyone else) can read code, some eyes on the DragCube calculation stuff would probably help, because that's where I presume the issue lies: https://github.com/neuoy/KSPTrajectories/blob/master/Plugin/StockAeroUtil.cs#L158

 

9 hours ago, Alshain said:

I'm wondering how bad is the stock functionality?  Is it completely unusable or is it just special cases unusable?

Well, it still kinda works. I don't have concrete definitions of when it does and doesn't but from experience:

  • Eve is a big nope
  • Kerbin and Laythe are OK
  • The higher the aerodynamical force is compared to the mass, the more wrong it is
  • The flatter the trajectory, the more wrong it is
  • Don't rely on it for aerobraking

Best to just try out it. It's still accurate for short and steep trajectories.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Kobymaru said:
  • Don't rely on it for aerobraking

That's 99.6% of what I use it for :(

Well, I hope your debugger turns up some information, I have no knowledge of aerodynamic calculations so I don't think I would be able to help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...