[1.3] Trajectories - Prediction of atmospheric trajectories

Kobymaru

• 4 months later...
On 5-12-2017 at 6:47 AM, PiezPiedPy said:

I think I have solved the InFlight trajectory blue line bug, could people please test this pre-release and let me know how they get on, Thanks :wink:

GitHub - Trajectoriesv1.7.2-pre

I wasn't even aware that we had an in-flight trajectory. I've tested it and it seems to work really nice! It makes my manual landings that much easier.
8hJd5pF.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, a little heads up: I've been playing with my Runge-Kutta 4 integrator and I think I've made a little breakthrough.

Precision seems better than before for most situations, performance a bit better and all that without the cache

My game plan now is to see if I can further increase the stepsize (better perfomance!) without losing too much precision. In the end, there should be a slider where users can choose their desired stepsize (performance-precision tradeoff).

People with a compiler can check out my branch here: https://github.com/fat-lobyte/KSPTrajectories/tree/integrator

For people without one, I will cobble together a testing release tomorrow so you can help me identify any potential issues.

Cheers!

On 5.7.2017 at 4:06 AM, PiezPiedPy said:

Quick screenshot of the the new Gui so far

Hi @PiezPiedPy, I was wondering: how's the current state of the GUI? Is it ready for public consumption? I was toying with the idea of a 2.0 release, with the new GUI and the Integrator. What do you think about that?

On ‎26‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:07 PM, Kobymaru said:

Hi @PiezPiedPy, I was wondering: how's the current state of the GUI? Is it ready for public consumption? I was toying with the idea of a 2.0 release, with the new GUI and the Integrator. What do you think about that?

Hi @Kobymaru, Its basically done, all I need to do is the parsing of the Targets manual input text box string. I'll get on it straight away, hopefully I'll have it done by Tomorrow.

Will be good to have these two features release together in a v2.0 :D

1 hour ago, PiezPiedPy said:

Hi @Kobymaru, Its basically done, all I need to do is the parsing of the Targets manual input text box string.

Hm, isn't that implemented in the old GUI already?

I'll get on it straight away, hopefully I'll have it done by Tomorrow.

No! Unless you want to of course :wink: But there is no hurry, take as much time as you want :)

Will be good to have these two features release together in a v2.0 :D

I think so too, but before releasing I want to get a good amount of testing in.

I will also formally submit a PR for the Integrator branch so people can verify what has happened.

1 hour ago, Kobymaru said:

Hm, isn't that implemented in the old GUI already?

Yep, basically it will be a simple cut n paste with some tweaks to fit it in with the Popup Dialogue system. (it does things differently than the old Gui ways).

No! Unless you want to of course :wink: But there is no hurry, take as much time as you want

I was doing nothing today apart from playing games, so gives me something more constructive to do rather than being a lazy bum. :wink:

I will also formally submit a PR for the Integrator branch so people can verify what has happened.

I will have a look over it later on and give it some testing, I'll also do a PR with the NewGui in the next few days, better to also give that a test before release.

• 1 month later...

The next release should be very soon :wink:

@brusura There is an old test-build but there have been more changes added since that release so no guarantees and expect bugs.

if you are using a language other than en-us would you be willing to submit screenshots of the GUI to a GitHub issue.

Use at your own risk https://github.com/PiezPiedPy/KSPTrajectories/releases

Edited by PiezPiedPy

10 hours ago, PiezPiedPy said:

The next release should be very soon :wink:

@brusura There is an old test-build but there have been more changes added since that release so no guarantees and expect bugs.

if you are using a language other than en-us would you be willing to submit screenshots of the GUI to a GitHub issue.

Use at your own risk https://github.com/PiezPiedPy/KSPTrajectories/releases

Thanks, the gui is gorgeous , sorry but Italian it not localized yet ( running en-us ) so I can not help with that.

Is the button supposed to be that green? :confused: Pic: https://imgur.com/hfoOLep

18 hours ago, brusura said:

Thanks, the gui is gorgeous

18 hours ago, brusura said:

Is the button supposed to be that green?

Its a new feature, it turns green when you have `Show trajectories` enabled and will be further enhanced in a future update to turn yellow when a trajectory intersects the atmosphere (well that's the plan).

Edited by PiezPiedPy

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way of specifying the descent profile from the VAB that is then saved in the craft file for eventual use in flight? I know it's persistent once set in flight, but I would really like to set it once in the VAB instead of every time I launch a new vessel using a tried-and-true design.

I'm envisioning a part menu button that is visible only in the VAB and opens up a window similar to the one in flight that lets you edit the values stored in the TrajectoriesVesselSettings module (descent profile and maybe even target data). If this isn't already available somewhere I might put together a pull request since I don't imagine it would be too difficult. I'm just not the greatest with UIs so it would certainly need some polishing after.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.